Author Thread: 😀😀 sending guido and knuckles to little david's house to collect on the peaches and cream corn loot πŸŒ½πŸŒ½πŸ’²πŸ’²
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
😀😀 sending guido and knuckles to little david's house to collect on the peaches and cream corn loot πŸŒ½πŸŒ½πŸ’²πŸ’²
Posted : 30 Jul, 2023 12:42 PM

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ nah just kidding ‼️ just wanted to add my two cents to what steveevangelist520 posted

Colossians 4:6 CSB

Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer each person.

What does Colossians 4:6 mean ❓❓

So far, Paul has presented evangelism as a work of prayer (Colossians 4:2–3), a work of clear communication (Colossians 4:4), and a matter of wisdom and making the most of each opportunity (Colossians 4:5). A fifth principle for effective outreach is given here, the idea of gracious or kind speech.

In Paul's time, salt served primarily as a preservative, keeping meat from spoiling. It was valuable enough to be used as a form of currency. And, of course, it changes the flavor of whatever it is added to. In that regard, Paul's use of this metaphor has more than one meaning. The believer's words are to preserve the message of Christ, helping it effectively reach as many people as possible. What a Christian says ought to add value to the conversation; our words should be uplifting or helpful. Finally, the truth of our renewed Christian lives ought to be clear in the different "flavor" of how we speak and act.

Another aspect of gracious speech is the ability to answer the questions of unbelievers. Peter also noted the importance of this area of ministry, saying, "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect" (1 Peter 3:15). Communicating Christ includes both a positive presentation of the gospel and the ability to defend it (Titus 1:9). Mere knowledge is not all that is required. In order to give an answer in a truly "Christian" way, a person must present truth using proper words and a proper attitude

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
😀😀 sending guido and knuckles to little david's house to collect on the peaches and cream corn loot πŸŒ½πŸŒ½πŸ’²πŸ’²
Posted : 30 Jul, 2023 04:33 PM

Thanks for the humor and Praise the LORD for you posting this. I and all those who are Born-Again Christians need these reminders from the WORD OF GOD so we can keep ourselves in line with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit's help. John 15:5-8 illustrates this and we stay connected to Jesus in prayer, God's Word, worship and praying in our private prayer language and then do what the WORD says with God's help(see James 1:22-25). I admit that i have failed in this area many times, but thank God for His grace and mercy through our LORD JESUS CHRIST through confession and repentance(see 1 John 1:9 and 2 Cor 7:10). I admit that i've let my emotions and desires rule my life for way too long and i can stop it with God's help. Like Joyce Meyer has said from her book LIVING BEYOND YOUR FEELINGS: "The only one you can control is yourself." And it's really hard to do this with my type a choleric personality but it's better to control yourself than to try to control people, circumstances and the weather which is out of our control. The fact of the matter is that God controls circumstances and the weather and God gave us free will according to Genesis 2:15-17 and He will not go against people's free will but will respect their free will whether they want a personal relationship with Jesus or not. And i've failed in this area but thank God for His grace and mercy. Thanks for posting this homelesschristian.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2023 06:03 PM

Preach the Word Streetevangelical !!

God can use humble Men in ministry!

πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jul, 2023 06:22 PM

To God be the Glory, Moonlight7. Thanks for the encouragment.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2023 07:19 AM

Sorry, no peachesπŸ‘and cream🍢πŸ₯› ‼️‼️

All sold outβ€ΌοΈβ€ΌοΈβ€ΌοΈπŸ€£

GREAT POST AND MOST NEEDED REMINDER‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2023 07:34 AM

I forgot about the corn🌽loot.

Well, that was hard won and gluten free.

I need that to cook up some of that buck-skinner Sydney corn syrup πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡πŸ§”πŸ»

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2023 11:33 AM

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ u guys are a hoot πŸ¦‰ I miss that peaches n cream corn with a passion ‼️ then again I miss Iowa but some some day perhaps to return

plenty of apologetics action over on Twitter if you guys ever want to join