Author Thread: Looking for Love: Long Distance Dating
writergirl436

View Profile
History
Looking for Love: Long Distance Dating
Posted : 24 Sep, 2023 03:24 PM

Years ago men and women wrote to each other for purposes of love and friendship. Letters were one of the few ways for a distant couple to remain in contact, particularly in wartime. Today, of course, we have dating sites to find everything from a date, friendship, activities partner, prayer partner, and/or romantic love.

I've been on a dating site since March. Through these past months, I’ve rarely found a date or otherwise that lived nearby. So how do you get to know someone who lives in another state or on another side of the world? Can a long-distance relationship really survive let alone thrive? A guy on this dating site said long-distance relationships turn out to be nothing more than pen pals. That’s not necessarily true. I think it depends on the willingness of the two people involved to creatively make it work. You CAN make it work if you try. After all, if you’re like me, I’ve found no one I wanted to date at the large church I go to and they stopped doing singles night at the grocery store several years ago. So how do you meet someone — someone nice?

To learn more about long-distance dating, please read the two articles below (links). You’ll find there are lots of great reasons that support the idea that long-distance relationships can be a great way to meet someone. As you read the articles, think about the qualities that are important in a good relationship like shared values, similar interests, respect, communication, integrity, honesty, and trust. You also want to make sure you are able to be yourself with that person. This last thing is really important because I believe that the greatest gift you can offer to another person is to be yourself. You are a delightful gift filled with interesting ideas and experiences. And it’s equally important that you share those gifts in a humble way with others. You’ll be surprised at how much good you can do in another person’s life just by sharing what you know and where you’ve been. However, the most important relationship you can ever have is a personal relationship with God. You may not realize this now, but anything worthwhile in life including relationships comes from knowing a loving God who sees your value and has created you for a purpose.

~Christian Article: How Should a Christian View Long Distant Relationships

https://www.gotquestions.org/long-distance-relationships.html

~Article: Best Long Distance Relationship Tips

https://time.com/5316307/best-long-distance-relationship-tips-experts

writergirl436

writergirl436

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2023 02:20 PM

Your first comment was not an appropriate comment given the subject matter. Watch your responses. Thank you!

writergirl436

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2023 02:53 PM

Arrowhead: Please don't leave any more messages here. Your comments are not appreciated. You go on and on and on. And most of your comments to not even relate to the subject of the post.

writergirl436

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2023 06:56 PM

I'm wondering if anyone read the two articles that I shared within the text of my article. The articles share the benefits of long-distance dating. I thought they both gave singles good perspective and were helpful.

Thanks!

Nanci

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2023 12:36 AM

Hi WriterGirl, thank you for your response about meeting someone potentially at my local church. That might be a great way to go to find someone. Also, having the relationship with Jesus. Much appreciated!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2023 10:57 AM

Previously I had posted all kinds of articles on dating and courtship and Moral issues. Biblically based mostly.

In Morals section.

Christians should post things that go along with Scripture.

I do not care what Society says about many things .Many People don't know God and so they don't care about BIBLE.

WeddingDJ^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2023 02:01 PM

"Better to be with someone 5000 miles away that you're equally yoked with than someone 5 miles away that's you're not compatible with."

Forgot to mention this is a quote from someone who used to be a member here. She met her husband on this site. They had a long distance relationship for a few years.

They are now a happily married for several years, along with many here who started with long distance relationships. It can work. Nothing impossible with God. With God's guidance of course.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2023 03:22 PM

Many foreign marriages from the Testimals on here.

If they are Correct.

So thats not saying much.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2023 05:03 AM

Many thousands people online even probably millions.

Everyone on date sites are not lonely or desperate for relationship, or spouse. Many are dating.

God don't put many couples together, they themselves make the choices. That's why it often times Fail.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2023 06:05 AM

Arrowhead, Titus 2:4 says women are to love their husbands.

Page : 1 2