Author Thread: How does old news concerning Israel’s reliance on false prophets parallel political reliance on false prophets shape news and current events today?
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
How does old news concerning Israel’s reliance on false prophets parallel political reliance on false prophets shape news and current events today?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2024 12:31 PM

News articles and blogs from several reliable discernment ministries have featured reports about the prominence of false prophets and their influence on American politics. Unfortunately that influence is taking place on both sides of the political spectrum. False prophets apparently curry enough prestige that many politicians eagerly seek their favor. Of course, we all know that politicians are supposed to represent all of us but that’s not my point here.

At this point, I want to compare the influence of false prophets of old to a similar effect they may be having today.

My first point is the vast number of false prophecies taking place and the end result of their failed predictions and outcomes.

Without further ado, I’ll cut to the chase here. As most of you know, I voted for Donald Trump to win the Presidency but here’s the rub. I cringed when I started hearing false prophet after false prophet, claiming to “hear from God”, as they begin to “prophisize” the reelection of Trump.

Number 1, these false prophets obviously did not hear from God. If they did, why did their prophecies fail.

Number 2, why weren’t they able to predict the ensuing electoral and political fallout that took place in advance of the last bungled election cycle 👉before👈 it took place⁉️ God was not pleased with false prophets in the OT and he’s not pleased with them now!

The take away is this: we MUST expose and denounce all evil no matter where it raises its ugly head—even if it’s in churches full of false prophets‼️

Judgment must begin first with the church of God, 1Peter 4:17 “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God…”

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
How does old news concerning Israel’s reliance on false prophets parallel political reliance on false prophets shape news and current events today?
Posted : 28 Feb, 2024 03:33 PM

I will like to think that not every self-proclaimed prophet is a false prophet and I hope that a few are genuine. I do not think prophets have a great influence on elections or election results. So, what really is their impact? What harm do they do? And what truly do they accomplish except writing a few books that a few people buy and having a few seconds on tv.

I have more concern about the pastors who are every way the Devil's servants, yet they are pastors, and they are advocating abortion to birth and sexual freedom and mutilation, and division and are political and everything wrong in politics. The Left has produced many pastors and many loud mouth ministers that are anything but the Bible in their voice. Those are the ones I'm worried about. Not the false prophets which most are not much hearing any way. There seem to be a number of anti-christ ministers these days that the Left embraces. They sicken me.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2024 03:44 PM

@ Walk

👍 Great response!

LD thinks he's the only real teacher here .