Author Thread: πŸ›₯️🌴 the gilligan's island analogy for salvation ❗❗
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
πŸ›₯️🌴 the gilligan's island analogy for salvation ❗❗
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 12:36 PM

Over on Twitter I have been debating some legalists about salvation of course some of them think that our good works are part of it . But I use this very unorthodox method to try to reach them , teach them as the Bible says that our salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ

πŸ€”πŸ€” okay let's say you join the SS minnow with ginger the skipper Marianne Gilligan the professor and the howells on a 3-hour tour of 3-hour tour. Instead this time you're the only survivor washing ashore of you guessed it of Gilligan's Island ......

You get captured by Island cannibals who want to have you for lunch and they will in a few minutes . You are an unbeliever and you're having a thief on the cross moment to say the least . .......

You remember your grandmother mentioning Romans 10:9 and 10 and you do what Paul says to do in those verses with 2 minutes to spare. Are you saved or not ❓

πŸ™‚πŸ˜‰ I'm still waiting for an answer from this guy I'll report back if and when I get one so stay tuned

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 02:12 PM

God knows the heart.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 07:28 PM

Absolutely God knows the heart that’s why the thief on the cross went to heaven with Jesus. No human works involved with the thief’s salvation, just the work of Jesus.

Ephesians 2: 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰For it is by grace you have been saved, through faithβ€”and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of Godβ€” 9 not by works, πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆso that no one can boast. 10 For we are πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰God’s handiworkπŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ, created in Christ Jesus πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ

Some still falsely believe their β€œgood” works will save them. But God actually prepares what ever good works we do for his glory not ours. Good works come only as a result of salvation and they prove a person’s salvation but they are not the cause of salvation

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 09:23 PM

We will be recognized by our fruit, and God does have expectations. He has invested in us and he wants us to invest in him. Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness. Faith itself is a fruit. We love God, then we will want to share him with others. Some are doing better at storing treasures in heaven than I am. All is plain to God. He knows who loves him and He knows who doesn't love him. The more we love God, the better. Then greater our confidence in him and greater our assurance of salvation. Remain in me and I will remain in you. Continue in his kindness. Assurance of salvation is guaranteed while we remain in him. But when we don't, we are left wondering. Jesus did say to the one thief "Today you will be with me in paradise." That is some testimony! He believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness. Justified through Christ Jesus! There is ONLY ONE WAY TO THE FATHER. That is Jesus