Author Thread: Ask and you shall receive!
WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Ask and you shall receive!
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 01:35 PM

Job 1:12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.” Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

Job 2:6 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.”

Luke 22:31-32 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Matthew 8:31-32 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

Mark 5:12-13 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

Luke 8:32-33 A large herd of pigs was feeding there on the hillside. The demons begged Jesus to let them go into the pigs, and he gave them permission. When the demons came out of the man, they went into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and was drowned.

1 Kings 22:20-22 And the Lord said, "Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?" One suggested this, and another that. Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, "I will entice him." "By what means?" the Lord asked. "I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all his prophets," he said.

"You will succeed in enticing him," said the Lord. "Go and do it."

Revelation 12:10 speaks of the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night.

FOR SURE, GOD IS SOVEREIGN and the devils must ask.

Now my question:

Who do you think does better success rate in having prayer requests honored? You or Satan?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 01:37 PM

Who do you think has a better success rate in having requests honored? You or Satan?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 01:55 PM

Believers who have a relationship with Jesus requests can be made and are answered according to God's will.

God answers prayers according to His will.

God has all power over Satan!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 02:42 PM

True! God is sovereign and true, God has all power over Satan. True! God limits Satan on what Satan can do. Satan has to ask.

Satan wants to be equal with the Most High, but is not. Satan thinks equality with God is something to be grasped.

Isaiah 14:13-14 You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”

Opposite, Jesus did not consider equality with God something to be grasped. (Phlippians 2:6)

Yet, in the Bible, we find many verses where the devils ask and God gives them what they ask.

God sets the limits.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 02:56 PM

My own life, there is grace. I have two lovely daughters. They are in health. No one has harmed them or molested them. I thank God for that! I give God thanks for my daughters. They were good gifts from God. But of my life, I have lost more than most people will ever earn and I've been robbed so much that I feel like I'm trying to set the world record for being robbed and I wish all the theft was stop and I want recovery of what has been stolen. It is unpleasant for me to deal with. More can be said. I am alive by the will of God and so are the thieves. The same one who formed me in my mother's womb formed them in their mother's womb. But it pains me all the theft, and my prayers are not honored. So I struggle. I don't make sense of it. In my life, it appears that God goes along more with the devil than he does with me. Yet, I find comfort in three verses:

Job 1:21 “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.”

Ecclesiastes 5:15-16 Everyone comes naked from their mother’s womb, and as everyone comes, so they depart. They take nothing from their toil that they can carry in their hands. ...As everyone comes, so they depart.

1 Timothy 6:7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 03:49 PM

Remember Satan’s accusations against Job. (Satan is the accuser of the brethren).

Satan accused Job of honoring God just because God had set a hedge of protection around Job that kept he, his family and all he had safe from harm.

Satan accused Job before God of being a false worshipper. In other words, Satan reasoned that Job “loves” God only because God had set up a hedge of protection around Job, his family, his wealth and all he had.

Satan was sure that Job would end up “cursing God to his face” if all he had was taken away.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 03:49 PM

Remember Satan’s accusations against Job. (Satan is the accuser of the brethren).

Satan accused Job of honoring God just because God had set a hedge of protection around Job that kept he, his family and all he had safe from harm.

Satan accused Job before God of being a false worshipper. In other words, Satan reasoned that Job “loves” God only because God had set up a hedge of protection around Job, his family, his wealth and all he had.

Satan was sure that Job would end up “cursing God to his face” if all he had was taken away.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 03:52 PM

Another double take. Must be my alter ego trying to out perform me again.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 04:04 PM

See Zachariah 3, Satan in action, accusing Joshua.

But God’s work of justification and sanctification in the sinner’s life cannot be reversed—even by Satan.

That’s why true Christians can never lose their salvation because salvation is totally a work of God, not the sinner

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 04:11 PM

@Walk

Your profile says you live in North Dakota!

This state is a low crime rate, so I'm not sure who has chosen you to keep stealing from you , it maybe some one you know not a stranger maybe! Prayerfully Gif will answer your Prayers.🙏

I had close relatives that lived i South Dakota for years.

They had Very good living. I been there .

Note

Not disclosing the City.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 04:17 PM

" God will answer" your Prayers

Corrected

Page : 1 2