Author Thread: Do all Christians recieve blessing on this earth?
Handyman62

View Profile
History
Do all Christians recieve blessing on this earth?
Posted : 30 Mar, 2024 02:36 PM

I have been having a hard time deciding whether I should post what I believe about this. Partly because it will be controversial and also that it will be difficult for me to put it into words without it dragging on into infinity.

First off I believe that a lot of people think they are being blessed by God when in fact they are not. I also believe many think they are being punished by God when they are not. I say this mostly because of what has and still is happening in my life. I have lost more than most people, but certainly less than others. Although I'm not a perfect Christian, my sins don't warrant what's been going on in my life.

It's plain to see there are many good people that suffer and many evil ones that don't. But if you examine what really happens in the world it's kind of a tossup as to whether you will get a good life or something far less. Some are born into poverty in a 3rd world country and have no chance of getting out of it even if they are Christian.

That's not to say a person can't make good choices that will benefit them, It really just means that not everybody, Christian or not, is given as many choices to bring themselves up to a level they would like to be at or in some cases stay at.

In my life I married a woman that was at first a wonderful wife that I brought to Christ. Together we worked our way into an upper middle class lifestyle. But then the rug was pulled out from under me when I started suffering from neck problems which then led to my ex deciding she needed to move on. My neck problems and divorce were just the beginning as more and more issues have continued to pile on which has also meant my ability to work has eroded as has my ability to earn a living.

Along the way I have taken more notice of how Christians talk about being blessed by God. Some of these Christians do a lot of shady and dishonest things but never seem to suffer any repercussions as long as it flies under the radar of law enforcement. So without anything that tells them what their doing is wrong they keep doing them. The reality is the Bible is an owners manual on what's right and wrong. And I know that it says God will bless certain behaviors and give out discipline for others. But I haven't seen either part in life so I have to call it into question and ask. Are we translating those parts accurately?

As a lowly human I can only see things through my human eyes so I will concede ignorance on many biblical things. But that still doesn't stop me from making judgements on what I actually see happening in real life. The way I see it is if we were all punished on earth for all our sins we would all be forced to live terrible lives instead of just some of us. As I stated earlier it's a tossup shoot. I believe everybody can make their life worse but not everyone is given the chance to to make meaningful improvements to their lives.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2024 04:07 PM

๐Ÿ’กโญ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ Well I'm glad you did post it handyman

Speaking for myself as now a born again saved by grace through faith alone Christian as of February 20th 1989 . It was godly sorrows that drove me to the cross. It took 2 years after that to finally get MRIs that revealed @ the age of 23 C3 to C6 two degenerative discs and a 7 mm disc bulge . Another disc bulge at T1 T2 and @ L4 L5 s1 a herniated disc

And a 5 mm disc bulge complimented with nerve damage sciatica sensory numbness etc etc . Soon after that irritable bowel syndrome and went hypothyroid . Since then I was mocked and called a bum , a loser , faking it you name it even physically abused by somebody who hated anybody on welfare social security disability etc etc . Even now for the past 5 years I have been homeless and sleeping on a sidewalk

So do I consider myself blessed the ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ 64,000 question yes and the fact that I am currently not in hell . Do I think I'm getting punished

Yes from time to time. Sometimes honestly it's hard to differentiate , is that the flesh talking or is it the holy Spirit i pray hard daily to have it revealed.

So there is me in a nutshell

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2024 05:09 PM

Thanks homelesschristian for sharing.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2024 09:29 PM

Thank you both for sharing.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2024 09:30 PM

Keep the discussion going. I think this is a very important topic