Author Thread: I wish I had someone there to understand me better
MorganEugeneTackett

View Profile
History
I wish I had someone there to understand me better
Posted : 17 May, 2024 07:55 PM

I go through a lot mentally and it just be nice if I could find someone who cares enough about me to listen to my problems and try to understand me and comfort me. I know I can take my problems to God and I do, but I also need someone to be there for me physically too. I just pray that I can find a virtuous woman who would be willing to listen to me, to understand me, and to comfort me when I’m feeling down. Someone who will know all the right things to say. Please, if you all don’t mind, please say a prayer for me. God bless you all.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2024 02:12 PM

What you want is not unreasonable. But finding someone empathetic whether they are male or female is a tough thing to do. Women are probably the least empathetic towards men. I believe it's that way because women are given their value upfront and men have to work for their value and women just don't see the disparity.

People that will understand what you're going through are those that have either gone through it, or are going through it.

Here's my advice so take it as you will. Get the idea out of your head that you're going to meet a woman that you can share your problems with. That's just not going to happen. You'll get far more understanding out of a male friend than a woman. Men relate to each other much better than we do with women. I'm not saying don't seek a woman, just don't expect to be able to put the burden of your problems on her because I guarantee it will not go well.

There are things that you can do for yourself to change your mood. One of the things that happens is people form habits and sometimes these habits are not good for us mentally. These bad habits can be our go to when things get rough and we end up in a vicious cycle of thinking and feeling sad, bad, and lonely just to name a few.

There's a treatment called cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT for short. I know it works because I have used it in the past. Basically what it entails is for the person having problems to use different forms of distraction to shift focus from the negative to something positive or at least something that's not negative. By doing this on a regular basis what happens is new habits are formed and thereby replacing the negative habitual triggers that bring us down. It's the kind of thing where the more effort you put into it the better it works.

Anyway I think you're better off helping yourself rather than expecting it from others because that's a sure fire way to set yourself up for even more disappointment. Do some research on CBT and see what you think.

As men if we want to attract women we need to capitalize on some of what attracts them. We can't change our height or face but we can change our weight and muscle tone. Working out is great for people's mental health and works as a CBT distraction. Muscles and masculinity are very attractive to women.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2024 04:51 AM

"Old Dogs and Children and Watermelon Wine" - Tom T. Hall

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2024 04:54 AM

Move to a place that makes you happier.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2024 04:57 AM

Sometimes success attracts a woman to a man.

Sing for others and play harmonica and guitar.

Win a woman through songs and music.

Many others have.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2024 11:19 AM

You're right WNT success and the ability to play an instrument and if gifted with the ability to sing is also good.

MorganEugeneTackett you have an advantage that us old full of flatulence men no longer have. And it's that you're still young and have a lot of time to better yourself and to become more attractive to that elusive female. Don't waste time hoping and get out there and make yourself irresistible to all the beautiful women of the world (and your Church congregation).

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2024 08:02 AM

Handyman, I take issues with what you just said.

I can sing and I’m very effective.

For example: Sometimes people who are down in the dumps suddenly realize that no matter what, things can get worse after they hear me sing‼️🗣️🎼👀😱

Granted, sometimes just trying to find an exist is a welcome distraction that takes peoples minds off their troubles‼️🤣

And another thing. Flatulence is a positive thing and some people are just plain good at it. Even the unskilled can use it to their advantage as a creative ice breaker‼️ You see, it works like this: after that first round, You no longer have anything more to be self-conscious about ‼️‼️ You can now be yourself with confidence. AND it’s an experience garranteed to make a first date memorable for years to come‼️‼️🤭🤓

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2024 08:17 AM

I also disagree with you that we’re old men.

Sure, I’m old but I won’t be able to fund my funeral for at least another 75 years. That means I’ll have to keep canceling my appointments with the grim reaper because I just can’t afford to die‼️

Furthermore, they claim the first 100 years are the hardest. So once you get past your first 3 digit birthday you’re on your way‼️‼️‼️🎉🥳🎂

And I can prove that statistically. Fewer people die over 100 that under 100‼️‼️‼️😁😎

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2024 10:40 AM

TRUE!

Fewer people die after age 100.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2024 10:42 AM

I will write you more then.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2024 11:19 AM

My apologies LD for giving you the impression I was including you in my statement. Your skills in handling your flatus is legendary and you sing like a canary. You will undoubtedly out live us all and successfully afford that funeral you've always wanted.

Page : 1 2