Author Thread: This was an experieence!
GraceMae

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 07:43 PM

Sorry, not a dating experience but might make you laugh! (Well, maybe a date... a date with the Lord to speak to me)

You know we need a spot in the forums for "Laughter for the Christian soul"... Anyway just wanted to share what happened to me this evening.

I planned to go to a Singles Bible study tonight and got stuck at a location working. Luckily I had my bible with me in the car and didn't have to worry about going home and driving back out again. So, because my day was so busy with work, I didn't stop to eat lunch, so I wound up buying something from Walmart and eating it in the car. Chicken bites and dip salad dressing. Ummm I thought, something quick and easy to eat on the run.

Well, (probably just because I was going to church!) I had the dressing container sitting in my lap while driving, and wouldn't you know it, the dressing tilted all over my jeans right in the middle!! So of course it had to be "RANCH DRESSING" all over my blue jeans! In the wrong place-- most unsightly.

I'm thinking, Lord Lord, the things that can happen when you least need them too! Didn't have time to go back home either. Thank you Holy spirit for giving me the wisdom to take a towel I had in the car, and my bottled water to help clean myself up! All I could do was laugh, laugh and thank God. :ROFL:

I got to church right to the minute of beginning, and I appeared to look ok, and unnoticed!

Hope you laughed a little. God is good! :yay:

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 02:26 PM

I guess that was taking the saying

"Dressing for Success" too literally!

Get it!.....Dressing.....Ranch Dressing.

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 02:38 PM

dear grace and arch ,, lol

ole cattle

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 07:29 PM

lol I enjoyed this one....

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 03:50 PM

LOL..That was funny. I can see myself doing that

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 09:57 PM

dear mel, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 08:34 PM

GraceMae,

Well, you recovered so.......GRACE...FULLY! LOL!

I can recall a first date experience that I shared with a lady while I was living in Asheville, NC. She lived about 20 miles to the west where I was. So, after our dinner we decided to drive up into the mountains, walk along a trail, find a safe spot to talk, which we did by a lake. It was summertime, the sun had set, and it was pitch black at this point. Just before we were about to leave, a HUGE splash was heard within a very short distance from we were sitting. We couldn't see what it was, but you wouldn't believe how fast both of us jumped up, and at the same time. For all we knew it could have been a bear seeking a bedtime snack. Close call!

lululuvsGod

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 07:16 PM

Wow..what a wonderfully funny story..I could see me in the same exact sitution...EXCEPT sister, I have to tell you I am proud of you to get up the courage to go in to church anyways.....I would have been like....well...I dont think I should go after this...PRAISE GOD that you did it anyway..I hope the teaching was powerful and uplifting...God bless you and thank you for sharing that..it was too funny....Love in Christ Lucy

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 07:19 PM

dear lulu , ,welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 02:40 PM

LOL! Thanks for sharing.

"Dressing for success"??? **CHORTLE**

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
This was an experieence!
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 08:38 AM

:ROFL:....thats the funniest thing i have heard in a long time........:ROFL:...yes i am still .