Author Thread: Outward looking in
david3by9

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 10 Dec, 2009 09:26 AM

In many profiles that I have read, woman often question why men are so oriented to the way a woman looks.

My question relates to this and posted profiles.

If how a woman looks externally doesn't matter why do woman post photos on dating sites that show them at their best or when they were younger? And it seems that they also are concerned at how other women see them also, won't go someplace without their makeup, yet at the same time question why men are looking at how they look. This puzzles me. Can you women explain this to me?

Thanks, David

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 03:06 PM

I agree the eyes are the gateway to the soul.You can learn alot about someone just from their picture.Their countenance,the picture they choose to post,the activity they are or aren't doing in the picture.It can tell you to move on or stop and take a closer look.

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 12 Jan, 2011 10:51 AM

I'm looking for a man who is what I am. I'm not asking for more,but I don't want him to be less either.He should have equally high standards,morals,values,lifestyle should be compatible to mine.Iron sharpens iron.If you are getting bad responses from women,maybe they have been hurt before,show them you are sincere.Men and women seem to see things differently from eachother at times.Try to be understanding of them,it goes a long way.

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 10 May, 2011 05:16 PM

I really hate this topic on so many levels. My picture is 3 months old and I personally dont like it, but its the most resent. I have been asked out twice in 2 years and stood up both times, not because of my looks but because of my health...I think both sexes can be shallow. I have reached the point where I really dont care what the man looks like, or if he lives in a tent. I want a holy man, a man that puts me second, who would rather spend time with God than me, who doesnt have a spirit of religion, who is consumed with Jesus and winning souls and helping the poor and the needy. If he was attractive on the outside that would be a bonus I guess...

SWEETANGELKAA

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 19 Aug, 2011 02:21 AM

Hello and ALoha Bible says he who finds a wife finds a good thing. And I believe we have the right to pray and ask god for our preferences such as handsome amen I agree you inner beauty reflects to outside and God knows how to pair up two people with like interests ministrys passions, and If your just be truthful and honest and follow the bible Gods will be done. I live Hawaii and deal with mental health consumers and I find beauty inside each and one of them and try to over look the mental health disability in them, God is showing love through me to them someone who cares for the ones world feels aren't worth thinking about. God has really changed my heart to whats important in life, amen he is number one and he will guide your heart. Trust in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. God bless all

angellady

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 25 Oct, 2011 04:52 PM

Yes u are right most women post the best pics, have to have make up on n' ect, at least 80% of us then the 20% want u see all sides just not at once as we get to know u, when i dress down more men approuch me, hope this helps some.

mountainjen

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 26 Oct, 2011 11:37 PM

LOL! You really got us there! I think is has to do partially with how God made us and the consequences of the fall. As women, a desire is woven into our hearts to be found pleasing ... part of being designed to be a "responder" to tender leadership. Unfortunately, consequences of sin cause us to seriously doubt our ability to be enough...some of us feel it more than others. From Eden to now, sin's effects cause us to want to hide the fragile beauty of our true soul behind makeup and fancy fig leaves. Behind the mask is a little girl looking up at a father asking am I really beautiful. I guess it depends on the answers we've gotten so far as to how much we believe how awesome He has made us.

findingmrright1

View Profile
History
Outward looking in
Posted : 12 Sep, 2015 07:13 PM

Hi, it's called low self esteem, although we won't admit it, we want that special guy in our lives to see us as we see them, adoringly,

but when we see that special guy looking at someone else it breaks just a piece of our heart and it's hard to mend when they don't see what they've done or try to fix it so we try to 'polish the outside'

,,although this is just my opinion,,,

Page : 1 2 3 4