Author Thread: pulling the plug
Admin

pulling the plug
Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 12:35 AM

dear folks, what are your thoughts and feelings on doctors pulling the plug on folks who are thought to be dead already? and just being kept alive by the machines?

also what do you think about the doctors starving folks to death that are able to breathe sit up, moan and groan ect.. are kept alive by feeding tubes, but yet are concidered dead already?

thanks

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
pulling the plug
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 09:30 AM

Thank you poochetteek. Your reply real informative. Gave me a different perspective.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
pulling the plug
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 09:33 AM

dear folks, i thank all of you so far for your responses..

im learning here..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
pulling the plug
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 11:46 AM

Pooch, yes Dennis is on the mark with this. My parents had a Living Trust and those were the dirrectives I followed...

Grace, thank you. Know an trust that GOD will help when your parents time comes...

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
pulling the plug
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 01:49 PM

Hm...not sure how you define dead...but I would say when brain activity stops. Anyway...it's a seriously touchy subject, and not one to be taken lightly. Deciding when someone is dead has the same moral complications as deciding when someone is alive. Pulling the plug shouldn't ever be an easy moral decision...even if the person asked for it. I would think it would be the same as me asking you to shoot me in 10 years. So... I don't have an answer. Pray a lot. Thats all I can say.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
pulling the plug
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 03:12 PM

Freinds a living will also helps stop family fights.1 says pull that plug the other says do not.Kids fighting over what to do.also, consider they may take everything you own.Don't you want to leave your belongings to your kids.I do not want the goverment to say whether I live or die.It is my choice.Why would we want are entry into heaven delayed????????????????

Dennis

Page : 1 2