Author Thread: Share and Tell time!!
ladythumper

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 3 Jan, 2010 02:31 PM

Yes, I'm not pregnant yet. Gotta have the procedure first.

Share anything you want with us, a joke, tear jerker story, something personal about you. You remember show and tell when we were kids...well now's ur chance to start.

Here I'll start. Last year was listening to Focus on the Family and got a great ideal. That I did last New Year's Day and this one.

I write a love letter to Jesus on New Year's Day and then open up the letter exactly one year from time wrote the letter. Once the clock strikes New Years Day or after I open up and read the letter dated a year ago. It's very surreal, touching and spiritual to read the letter you wrote to Jesus. It helps you to grow when ur reading ur words to Jesus whether it be ur praises and love to him, ur wants and desires they are all there in black and white or in my case purple and white...smile.

Once God unites me with my husband want to take this a step further and write my husband an annual love letter.

I just believe that Jesus wants a personal relationship with us in every sense of the word. I take that to mean talking to him by praying, listeng to him by reading his word the bible. Lastly, believe he wants us to write to him too and doesn't just have to be on New Year's Day can be on his birthday ur birthday or any day for that matter.

This love letter to Jesus has meant so much to me and felt in my heart to share the ideal with you.

Gbu

Kimberly:-)

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 07:57 PM

AArchie baby I know you dig me....heeeheeee. All I can say I'm like Joan of Arc and ur like Archie Bunker we'd never mix. Best if you would skip over to nother island.

Gbu

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 08:33 PM

Ok Kimberly... I was looking for this joke to share, but I don't know where I saved it.. So, I'll share this tidbit I got recently.

Concentrate on this sentence:

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

Concentrate on this too... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

There comes a point in your life when you realize:

Who matters,

Who never did,

Who won't anymore....

And who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past,

There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

And lastly.... A note I've got in my workroom at home:

Life if too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,

so love the people who treat you right,

forget about the ones who don't, and

believe that everything happens for a reason.

If you get a chance, take it.

If i changes your life, let it.

Nobody said life would be easy,

they just promised it would be "worth it"!

When I find the joke, I'll come back!!

Enjoy!! :yay: :bow: GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 08:53 PM

Still looking for what I wanted to share originally BUT here's something else...

Here is a new way to look at a deck of cards!!

-------------------

Deck of Cards

It was quiet that day, the guns and the mortars, and land mines for some reason hadn't been heard.

The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week. As he was sitting there, he got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk.

Just then an army sergeant came in and said, 'Why aren't you with the rest of the platoon?'

The soldier replied, 'I thought I would stay behind and spend some time with the Lord.'

The sergeant said, 'Looks to me like you're going to play cards.'

The soldier said, 'No, sir. You see, since we are not allowed to have Bibles or other spiritual books in this country,

I've decided to talk to the Lord by studying this deck of cards.'

The sergeant asked in disbelief, 'How will you do that?'

'You see the Ace, Sergeant? It reminds me that there is only one God.

The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments.

The Three represents the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.

The Four stands for the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ..

The Five is for the five virgins there were ten but only five of them were glorified.

The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and Earth.

The Seven is for the day God rested after making His Creation.

The Eight is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives -- the eight people God spared from the flood that destroyed the Earth.

The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy He cleansed ten, but nine never thanked Him.

The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tablets made of stone.

The Jack is a reminder of Satan, one of God's first angels, but he got kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways and is now the joker of eternal hell.

The Queen stands for the Virgin Mary.

The King stands for Jesus, for he is the King of all kings.

When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one for every day of the year.

There are a total of 52 cards in a deck; each is a week - 52 weeks in a year.

The four suits represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Each suit has thirteen cards -- there are exactly thirteen weeks in a quarter.

So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for.'

The sergeant just stood there. After a minute, with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart, he said, 'Soldier, can I borrow that deck of cards?'

-------------------

So, as we "share and tell"... please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all of our soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line fighting!

*GraceMae

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 01:33 PM

Kimberly,

I tried the island next door, but I can still hear you screaming orders at the squirrells and berating the older squirrells for being older and dying too soon! :bow: :boxing:

If you've give me the last word on this we could stop...MeatHead! :yay:

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 9 Jan, 2010 06:49 PM

Grace Mae

Thankx so much for sharing those posts. I love reading stuff like that. I definitely don't want any regrets when I'm rocking in my rocking chair at 90

The Deck of cards was real cool going to copy and paste that and send it to my brother-n-law getting ready to be deployed to Afghanistan.

Archie

It's too disappointing to talk bout being on a warm tropical island with handsome spiritual men duking it out for my hand in marriage. When in reality I'm buried in a snow pile, getting cabin fever with a bunch of belching neanderthols who instead of open the door for you they slam the door in ur face. I sure don't see any remotely appealing men in these here parts.

Gbu

J

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 09:15 AM

Genesis 21:8-21 tells about hagar.The son, Ishmael was mocking the son of promise.Sarah told Abraham to send hagar and Ishmael away.If Abraham was not active in his sons life what was he doing living together?Ishmael was 13 when he was sent away.In the old jewish customs that was the beginning of manhood. Ever here of barbitzwa. Know your facts lady.hagar and her son had to live with Abraham.Hagar was sarah's slave.The son was a slaves son.

As for Tamar the story is in Genesis 38:1-29.After the birth the only thing that is said that the one son was the forefather of david.Tamar had to go with Judah to Egypt with the whole family.

To say Tamer raised those twins alone is false.You have no proof of that.Judah took all of them to Egypt to live in Goshen.

Advice do not use Mary as a example.That is not wise.She is the only virgin birth.It will always be that way.It is the responsibilty of godly men to have children, in side of marriage.Chritians have a code of morals.We must crucify our needs to show christ.It is not what we want but what god wants.I would like to have kids to,But it can only be inside of marriage for all christians.No exceptions.

It was Judah's duty to god to raise children with Tamar.Judah said to Tamar you are more rightous than I am.

hagar was a slave that sarah used outside of gods plan and that was a mistake.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Share and Tell time!!
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 11:18 AM

KIMBERLY FAN CLUB PLEASE COME TO ORDER:waving:

:applause::yay::rocknroll::dancingp::peace::bouncy:

OKAY HALF ORDER:rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words. I know what you are facing. late 30's, no husband in sight. Bio-clock ticking down. Plus the older both men and women are when making the baby, the greater the chance of having a challenged child. My wife's son came along when she was 42. He has a bunch of stuff going on, but meds make him pretty normal.

You can find a guy to raise your child with you. This one isn't wasn't mine when we got married, but we are a team now. Having his 31 year old sister here helps lots. Remember, in marriage you wind up training each other to be a better fit and the Lord fills in the gaps. All the stuff that you like and love to do didn't happen all at once. You learned to ride a horse from someone else.

I hope that SNOW SHOVEL MAN swoops in and rescues your car. I am sending you a Mister T guardian angel. Here catch::MrT: Plus a couple of extras to help::purpleangel::angel:

I hope and pray that you find Christian Love here. God Bless.

MIKE

Page : 1 2