Author Thread: Breaking off an engagement to some one u were in love with
Heatherme528

View Profile
History
Breaking off an engagement to some one u were in love with
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 04:12 PM

Hi so i ahve a good story so i met a guy on this websight a couple months ago were dated a good 5 months then he came up to maine and proposed to me, i said yes.

Here is the catch, he kept pushing the wedding closser i finally asked him why he said cuz i just want to have sex with u i just want sex from u, so i broke it off with him he was really controling, munipulative, lying, and really i mean REALLY REALLY RELIGIOUS

so im still haveing a hard time he broke my heart, and he dint even fight for me he would not even be hhonest with me, so just becareful if ur engaged to some one u met on line make ur u havedone all ur reaserch just dont want to see hearts broken

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 04:16 PM

dear heather, welcome to the forums..

sorry to hear bout what happened to ya.. keep tryin ..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 07:54 PM

Heather,

There is always a reason why someone is in a rush. When it comes to something as important as marriage...that reason is hardly ever a good one. If two people really are in Love...that extra time will only Strenghten that Love and ensure that the marriage is for the right reason.

I feel for you. My Heart goes out to you.

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 09:25 PM

Me too, honey. And it might make you feel a little better to know that even those who are "old enough to know better" have paid the price for this one, too. All of your brothers here have their heart in just the right place.

Comfort and prayers ~

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 01:39 PM

My rule is date a year before asking to marry.That gives both parties time to get to know each other.Both should be equal in the relationship.Dennis

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 11:55 PM

Five months is not long enough at all. I am sorry for your bad experience Heather and hope your heart is starting to mend. You will see by my profile that I am divorced. I meet him years ago on a christian dating site as well. I had never talked to any one on line before and had just come out of a bad relationship. He was not from my country and came over for a visit. He ended coming back and after a few months convinced me to marry him. At first he was great! It didn't take long for his true self to come out. He was a womanizer, extremely controlling. I actually feared for my safety. I was able to return him to his country. The marriage only lasted a few months.

In case you are wondering why I am on here after my bad experience it's not to meet some one. I am a computer programmer and this is research for me. I plan on making sites like this and many other kinds as well.

All though my experience was bad it is not because on line dating is bad. It can be a great way to meet people. Just be careful and don't rush into any thing. I would agree that you should date for at least a year before considering marriage. All important decisions take time. Choosing the person you spend the rest of your life with is a very important decision and should not be rushed.

Best wishes

God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 07:44 AM

dear i live, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 12:36 PM

Get spell check for your computer and then get engaged to a

winner not a liar.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:34 AM

dear zeke, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

Heatherme528

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 09:39 AM

ok was this suppose to be funny cuz it s not, im deeply offened in wht u said wht does spell check have to do with anyof wht i sdaid, im telling u tht this guy just wanted sex from mwe so i find it hard to believe that most of these men on this websight has good ententions, now im not saying thier might be some good ones on here but i would trully question the reall reason they are on here is it for sex???

please do niot judger, judge urself before u judge me

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 02:25 PM

dear zeke, the lady was offended by some of your answer there.. we can make our points and discussions without using personal insults or makin fun of... so please lets not do so anymore ... thank you for your coperation.

heather im sorry for that and sorry i didnt catch that earlier..

ole cattle

Page : 1 2 3