Author Thread: Breaking off an engagement to some one u were in love with
Heatherme528

View Profile
History
Breaking off an engagement to some one u were in love with
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 04:12 PM

Hi so i ahve a good story so i met a guy on this websight a couple months ago were dated a good 5 months then he came up to maine and proposed to me, i said yes.

Here is the catch, he kept pushing the wedding closser i finally asked him why he said cuz i just want to have sex with u i just want sex from u, so i broke it off with him he was really controling, munipulative, lying, and really i mean REALLY REALLY RELIGIOUS

so im still haveing a hard time he broke my heart, and he dint even fight for me he would not even be hhonest with me, so just becareful if ur engaged to some one u met on line make ur u havedone all ur reaserch just dont want to see hearts broken

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 07:19 PM

I am last in line so maybe my comments will not be noticed. I hope the men and women on here can be sensitive to a tender and hurting heart. Make your choice of words tender, some day you might have to eat them. The Lord Jesus was blunt and said not to cast our pearls before swine, lest they turn and rend you........one interpretation might be to be very cautious who you open your heart to , cause there is someone waiting around who won't mind ripping it out of your chest. Wnen a women has given her heart to a man, she is most vunerable, sorry to say most of the christians I know are insensitive to the hurts of others. ladies let the Lord get your spirit filled radar tuned up and that goes for the men too, I have been contacted by 3 or more lady scammers on here who were deleted before I could respond, this website is one of the best I have seen that keeps alert for scammers, thank you, Joel

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 07:52 PM

dear bear , hey man welcome to the forums.. nice post.

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:06 PM

Heather, I'm sorry you've been hurt. Don't be discouraged. You have been allowed this experience for a reason. You may not understand it, but you will be thanking God one day real soon for the blessing of wisdom that you'll have gained. You're a youngin' with a lot of potential and gifted I'm sure.

Sometimes lifes lessons are harsh. Just watch your step. Joel and the others have given you some pretty good advise, to be careful what you indulge. There are "predators" who KNOW what is is to "play you" without you not even being aware. I have not experienced this online, however, I know from the world and just dealing with people, women and men alike.

I know this hurts, but there is something greater in this that God needs you to get. Being vulnerable as Joel put is, well you do have to be careful. Always be in control of your heart. Scripture tells us, out of it come ALL the issues of life. Be careful of what you "expect". Expectations will often cause more hurt than the reality of what things really are. If you don't set expectations, you won't get hurt.

Be strong my sister. I encourage you to continue in trusting the power of the cross, and the power of God as you believe that He will see you through and take you to a new level of faith in your joy and dependance on Him, above anythinig else. Continue pursuing those things that you enjoy in life, that make you happy and bring happiness to others. You cannot lose in the bigger picture for God's plan in your life. A picture that often you will never see, but will be God's fulfillmentof purpose for you.

~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:15 PM

Hi Ole, been a little slow getting here, it is a shame that the men cannot instant message each other or swap e-mails , fellowship with men is important too. Glad to make your acquaintance. Joel

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 09:10 PM

Just another thought , I went to a seminar one time where the speaker admonished us to give our expectations to

God and we would never be disappointed. But this is not easy, it takes years sometimes. Wnen the first Christian Lady I was ever in love with told me she didn't love me anymore, I was devastated, we got back together , but it was a roller coaster ride, I wept buckets of tears , but I discovered that I had a heart. I hear it over and over again on these websites , guard your heart and protect yourself from hurt. Well , a heart that has never learned how to love might turn into a stone. You went through a devasting experience that you feel broke your heart, but will you let this keep you from loving again??? experiences like this make us bitter or Better! Drop this experience into God's sea of forgetfulness and don't go fishing for it again. easier said than done? Stand on God's promises and thanki him for the good He will bring out of this, Joel

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 09:53 PM

Amen and Amen brother Joel! ~GraceMae

Merilee

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 02:12 PM

Heather;

I'm so soo sorry that happened to you but you found out he's not a fighter, isn't willing to work out conflicts and he had one thing foremost on his mind which says he wasn't looking to far in the future. I absolutely get this one and understand the hurt. Keep him in ur prayers or have others hold him up if ya can't (get that one too!) but do get out and look after you.

Warmest

Meri aka another Heather ; - )

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 03:56 PM

dear merilee, nice to see you again.. hope all is well with you..

and joel , another good post..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 06:23 PM

Hi so i ahve a good story so i met a guy on this websight a couple months ago were dated a good 5 months then he came up to maine and proposed to me, i said yes.

Here is the catch, he kept pushing the wedding closser i finally asked him why he said cuz i just want to have sex with u i just want sex from u, so i broke it off with him he was really controling, munipulative, lying, and really i mean REALLY REALLY RELIGIOUS

so im still haveing a hard time he broke my heart, and he dint even fight for me he would not even be hhonest with me, so just becareful if ur engaged to some one u met on line make ur u havedone all ur reaserch just dont want to see hearts broken

Hi Heather I wanted to give you a few encourging words to help your hurt. I usually listen to my favorite music or read my favorite verses in the bible. I turn to this verse due to what others can do to place pain within you. I would like to add some few things to help you. Take time for yourself and do something for just U today.....take a long hot bath, light a few candles, buy you some flowers... you deserve them. Dont waste time try to find your heart in all this hurt (the good part of you) go out and take a slow stroll...keep your mind and heart on Christ..pray for your heart to heal with this hurting....God Bless and open your heart to God..GivenLife :)

2 Corinthians 4:8

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 06:41 PM

GivenLife... AMEN! Heather, good "perker upper" advise! You need that too!

~ GraceMae

Page : 1 2 3