Author Thread: Your Girl/Boyfriend Won't Cancel Dating Ads
Admin

Your Girl/Boyfriend Won't Cancel Dating Ads
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 02:52 PM

I'm curious. What do you think of a boyfriend or girlfriend with whom you are in an agreed exclusive relationship who refuses to cancel his/her personal dating ads? Moreover, he/she promised to do so but didn't. The reason given is because he/she is bored and enjoys chatting with people. The ad clearly states he/she is looking for a relationship.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 04:09 PM

dear 312, welcome to the forums, sure sounds fishy to me ..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 04:14 PM

Perspectives: everyone has a differant one. It would appear as a Red Flag to me...Exclusive is just that...Exclusive...If he was truely just wantin to chat I'd wonder why the Header doesn't state "Hooked up and Happy" just here to chat...Anywho...Been there done that. He was lookin for the next best thing and I'm not a steppin stone...lol...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 05:00 PM

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the post!

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 05:00 PM

Yes it does, like anchovies!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 05:23 PM

Well...the dating profile would probably bother me eventually...but I see the typical "girl/boyfriend" scenario as a series of steps. Depending on the definition of "boyfriend/girlfriend"...I think it's a relationship building process. The closer you get, the more stuff like that you cut off...until you get married. If at any point there is a place where one of the two keeps doing stuff that is damaging to the relationship, then the other should take a step back and see if this person is really interested in a committed relationship. If the person really wants to really continue with the relationship they should do it on their own, or with very little prodding. I don't think there needs to be any MANDATORY(Emphasis...not yelling) commitment unless marriage is involved. If they won't do stuff like...take down their profile, or at least remove their "Dating" information voluntarily...then they can't be too interested...and I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where the interest wasn't mutual. Maybe the "relationship" needs to be kicked back into "friends" or "dating" for awhile.

:peace::peace:

P.S. And yes, I am in a relationship and I still have a profile:goofball:...but it really is just for the forums, and I did take out my information...and so did she....both voluntarily.:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 06:36 PM

dear hitman,,, also you announced your relationship with silly,, the forums are still a good place to come to even if you have a significant other.. you were open about it my friend..

i dont see anything wrong with what youre doin.. less youd told her you was gonna get off here as that guy did the other lady... i respect what you did..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 07:11 PM

Me three Mark! It's honorable you being public with what you're doing. Angel-- Make note and keep observing. It will help you in the decisions you undoubtibly will have to make in time.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2010 05:03 PM

It is important for the other person to keep their word.That means a lot.It tells you if they will keep their marriage vows.

Lie now lie later.Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2010 06:32 PM

Don'tHitThatMark - Thank you for your comments. I totally agree with you. You are right on target. Blessings to you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2010 08:44 PM

Angel,

Consider this...true feelings, strong feelings, take time to develop. Trust takes time. Insecurity may be the reason he has not changed his profile. He may also be embellishing what he feels for you because he wants to believe that you may be the one he is looking for, but he may also be somewhat insecure.

You may have to decide if he is worth competing for...because that is what we are talking about. I would think that it would be the other way around, but that is for you to decide.

Above all though is...does he keep his word? Does he do what he says he'll do? You know him better then we do. Is he just scared or is he being duplicitous?

I feel that you know what is the right thing to do.

My prayers for you.

Page : 1 2