Author Thread: Before or After?
Admin

Before or After?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 07:16 AM

How many of use are willing to l wait to be married first ?

Myself, I will wait to be married first. So I want a friend first.

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 06:00 PM

That is my priority and goal sister to do the same....GivenLife

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 10:56 PM

I love Our Lord He suffered and die for our sins and I thank Him for his Blood. Intimacy before marriage is a sin and we are christain, so I ask again are you willing to wait for marriage first and how many of us aren't? Come on I want to hear what you are thinking.

Jesus Loves Us All Amen!!!

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 06:38 PM

yes, absolutely wait for marriage. I dont think you will find anyone on here to dis agree with you =)

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 02:42 PM

In my own life I practiced this before my 1st marriage.Now that am single again I am waiting for marriage.

SnugglyBear

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 09:16 AM

I so much agree myself.. I've made that mistake and it can be so painful in the long run.. but God is good and teaches us. We all learn from mistakes but it's better to trust God and to believe and practice what He has shown us in His word.. I believe God will bless us for that..

His love for us is far more than we can love each other but I think it shows us that like Angelwing says, love is a choice. It is a commitment not a feeling ..

God for His own reason and purpose chose us for salvation.. He had made a commitment to us and we can count on Him and trust Him that He will never ever leave us.

And marriage is a covenant. Intimacy is a sort of seal on that covenant I think..

I think it's a pretty good idea to get to know someone well enough to know that they mean what they say about intimacy before marriage before actually spending time with them face to face..

I have met such wonderful people on this site.. and on the CL site..

But many of us have had hurtful relationships in the past.. some suffering from a low self esteem and some just out of a marriage that was beyond repair.. But it is a false notion that intimacy will easy the pain and give bring us peace and joy in our hearts.

Far from it... It can cause such confusion..

It's better to take time.. time to heal, time to know God better and to love Him more.. and let Him lead us in the way we conduct our lives...

Well, I meant to add a little more .. ha.. but not turning the phone off has derailed by train of thought.. God bless you all

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 07:02 PM

dear bear , welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

Notpit10

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 07:43 PM

It is refrshing to hear from those who look at relationships from God's perspective. Marriage is a wonderful joining of two hearts to become one with Christ overseeing that relationship. I am widowed and miss the intimacy of marriage but look forward to meeting a very special man again someday who cherishes his relationship with the Lord and feels the same as I about dating. I think the dating process, the actual quality friendship and trust, must happen before marriage. It usually takes a year before you really get to know someone. After six months you can usually tell where a relationship is going. A good question to ask yourself before that first real date is "Is this someone I want to marry someday". Otherwise I feel it is unfair to lead a person on. When intimacy outside of marriage happens, that is all you focus on and very little on the heart of the relationship. Then when one finds a "flaw", they move on quickly to the next person and repeat this over and over. It is so against God's plan and that is why hurried relationships fail and people get hurt.

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 10:00 PM

dear not, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

Cinderella3653

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 11:28 AM

Absolutly wait.

IN doing that.. you should not ingage in anything that is going to temp you to continue. And that means strict guidelines during "dates" or "courting" or whatevetr you call it.

For me.. it means.. nothing more than hand holding, a hug (non lingering) or a peck kiss. Because anything more brings my natural desires to the surface.. and causes me more issues..

And Sex isn't just the big deal. It's all the "fooling around" that is an is sue to. because ANYTIME one persons parts are exposed or touched by another person.. it's SEX (read the definition in the dictionary). There is no distinction... Even one sided.. is sex. Because it is in your HEART. and as a man is in his heart so is he (or she as the case may be).

So.. It's waiting for all those things that are a privilage within marriage...

And you should never do anything wtih someone.. that you dont want to have to explain to your future spouse whomever they may be..

WHEn in DOUBT FLEE>. LEAVE.. RUN RUN R UN..

Notpit10

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 12:25 PM

Amen, sister Cinder!

Page : 1 2