Author Thread: Before or After?
Admin

Before or After?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 07:16 AM

How many of use are willing to l wait to be married first ?

Myself, I will wait to be married first. So I want a friend first.

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 07:43 PM

I want only the man God has for me. I will wait.

shepherdingking

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 11:29 AM

The real question should be, do you want to wait "after" you are married as well?

Christian men are told it is better to marry than to burn. And therefore need to marry for that reason.

Men too often see marriage as the means to have sex legally without guilt/shame or having to pay a fee.

How many women want to be the antidote for a sex addicted guy? And of course according to some women they see "all men are sex addicts." LOL

But the main reason to wait til marriage, :yay:

"marriage has a God commanded blessing attached to it."

Auditions for sex partners does not.

Recreational sex requires a kind of emotional/sexual dualism. It attempts to separate the emotions from the physical act.

That is not how it was designed or meant to be.

:waving:

Cinderella3653

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 04:14 PM

This plays into how marriage should be entered into to begin with. Marriage is not a CURE to your Lusts.. you shouls ne working on handing those over to Jesus to being with.

Marriage is not a payment for you to just have SEX either. Its a beautiful expression of Love no matter what Men say abou thow thy VIEW it.

Men have bought into the counterfiet LUST life that Satan offers and look on women as something lust worthy.. instead of as a precisious daughter of GOD!.. and when you go into a marriage for Sex... you mis the whole point.

Its sad.. and there are alot of men who CANNOT control their lust... with is LACK OF SELF CONTrOL

and same goes for Women. because i know women who struggle just as bad with this as men do..

Just fall in love with Jesus.. and He wil open your heart and help control all those things which satan likes to throw at us at the real deal.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 07:07 PM

You all are SO on it!! Thanks for the post! ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 01:10 AM

I agree that sex should come after marriage. I didn't when I was young and have regretted it to this day because I was raised to know better and was just rebelling. I hurt no one but myself. I wasn't professing to be a Christian at the time but still knew better.

Since I now have came back to the Lord, He is my main concern. I try my best to follow the teachings that He laid down in His Word for us. If the man that I should meet, if I do, can't abide by that then He is not the man that God has in store for me in the first place. God is not going to send someone my way that will not follow the standards that I have set for myself according to my belief of what God wants for me. And if my beliefs are wrong...then God will change them for me first.

So I am looking for friends, not lovers. The act of sex is a bonus of marriage. Marriage is a covenant that we share with each other and with God. If you can't be my friend first...then you will most certainly will not be my lover!

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2010 05:43 PM

I am sooo glad to see that there are some men willing to wait for marriage. I have not met many that are willing. Therefore, I don't have many dates. And I come from the old school and want the man to show interest first.

View Profile
History
Before or After?
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 06:15 PM

After....most definitely!!

I am going to say something here that might make some men, and women, laugh at me. I don't care and I will tell you why...I have to account for my life to God, and not man. How I lived it, is what is the most important factor.

This is what I have to say. I will be 60yrs old this coming March, 2011 and I have never been with a man intimately and I do not intend to untill I am married. Even when I was not a Christian, I knew it was wrong to go to bed with a man before marriage.

Say, or think what you will, but that is my decision and I will stand by it! The Lord has not revealed my husband to me yet, but He knows that He can trust me with my decision.

Thank you for letting me have my say, and have a great day in the Lord.

...Alicia(Sugarhillady)

Page : 1 2