Author Thread: Celibacy for singles
Admin

Celibacy for singles
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 08:37 PM

It's so hard to maintain a celibate lifestyle. As a divorced woman I know what I'm missing out on but as a Christian, I also know that I need to wait for my husband. It's uncomfortable though and I wondered if prayer is the one and only source of strength or if there are other ways to help us remain patient?

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 09:42 PM

dear jd, welcome to the forums..

prayer ,readin the word of GOD, and dont ever put yourself in a bad situation as the temptasions can be mighty strong and overcome you..

ole cattle

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 10:39 PM

Thankx for ur post. I can tell by ur post that you want to honor and please God.

God has given me strength to keep pure before marriage after break up with ex boyfriend. So plead to God to give you strength to overcome this temptation. With God's help you can beat it. Our body is a temple of God. Sex is the only sin that is a sin against inside ur body while other sins are committed outside body. We don't want to defile our body with sex until married. If we do have sex then we're defiling the Temple of God. In the book of Corinthians states fornication is a sin. I don't want to disappoint Jesus and place another stripe on his back. Jesus died for me not the men who are trying to get in my pants so that's enuf motivation for me to keep my body pure for Jesus. I look at it like Jesus is my father, brother, husband everything until I marry.

Men can have sex and be detached where us women can't. We get emotionally attached cuz we're relational when we have sex with men. Thus causing us to fall for the wrong men or men we wouldve never fallen for...prior to having sex with them.

I don't hang at guys homes or have them over at my apartment alone and make sure have female roomies. This way temptation can't set in if you stay in public places or have family and friends present when visiting with him.

Reading bible, praying helps sooo much.

I've made a purity vow that the next time I will have sex will be with no other than my husband.

It's depressing that many Christians say they believe in waiting until marriage but aren't practicing what they preach behind closed doors.

Gbu

Kimberly:-)

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 11:19 PM

:waving:

I wrote to one of my pen-pals from here about what I get exposed to here. I like going through "My Matches." You just see about 42 pictures per page with no info. Many times I go to a profile and find that as the pics get bigger I find that the woman is in lingerie. Other times I am shown cleavage or a side view of her upper body.

What do they think they'll get by casting their pearls before swine?:devil:

sdsurfgirl

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 11:20 PM

Try having a plan for the evening if you go on a date. Don't "hang out" unless you want the date to end up in bed. That's pretty much the way it goes. Sorry, I know it's rough but you have made a decision to be celibate so, that's the way it is.

sdsurfgirl

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 12:46 AM

Oh yes, one more thing. This is just me, but you could also try not dating. I know that sounds weird, but if you get to know a guy really well before you date him, he will know your feelings on the subject of premarital sex before you date him. You'll also know if he respects your feelings on the subject if you spend time getting to know him first.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 09:22 AM

I knew my wife for a little over a year before we got started dating. We knew each other from Bible study groups.:angel:

After about a year of no sex, the drive can cool back down. Here is the US, we are constantly told in all forms of media that sex is the new way for men and women to say that it is good to meet the other person.

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 03:06 PM

Prayer is a good thing to do.

Don't put yourself into any situations where you will be too tempted. Stay away from anything that will trigger longings.

Keep busy with girlfriends, your church, your family, hobbies.

Ask God how he wants to use you during this season in your life.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 05:05 PM

It's a choice to be celibate, and you really have to have a made up mind, regardless of what others are doing around you jds. You'll have to pray to God to give you an inner peace and keep you busy in doing other things, building you up stronger as a faithful Godly woman. I'm not saying become a prude, but saying prudent diligently seeking the things of God. Pray for God to get you involved in good things, and ministry to help others. The more you get involved in ministry or something, you will see God open up other doors of fellowship for you, and beleive it... God will bring fruitful relationships your way.

Pray for spiritual discernment as you meet guys online or in person. That God give you that inner sign and once you see the truth of the person based on the truth of the Word, just do what you need to do, and leave him alone.

Guard your "gates" What you watch and what you hear. When you feel your own personal "tension" of the flesh, try to visualize you putting yourself ini Gots' hand and trust Him and be honest with Him about what you're feeling. He will work it out with you. Allow God to help you work it out and walk through the process. IT'S NOT EASY, however IT IS POSSIBLE. Many of us have done it.

Just keep rejecting things, people and situations that are counterfiet. You will acquire self control in all things. It just takes time, however you'll find that as each day goes by it gets easier and easier. It's harder being divorced and making that right change of celibacy as many have mentioned other places in the forums.

The biggest key is to resist temptation. Easy to say and sometimes hard to get started, but NOT hard to do. We flee youthful lusts, but it has to be a practiced discpline. Just be diligent, and watch how God will make you stronger. Hand in there.

~ GraceMae

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 05:08 PM

Uh-ohhh... didn't spell check but

Correction: Guard your "gates" What you watch and what you hear. When you feel your own personal "tension" of the flesh, try to visualize you putting yourself in Gods' hand and trust Him and be honest with Him about what you're feeling. He will work it out with you. Allow God to help you work it out and walk through the process. IT'S NOT EASY, however IT IS POSSIBLE. Many of us have done it.

Sorry ~ GraceMae

Notpit10

View Profile
History
Celibacy for singles
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 07:42 PM

I agree it is best to know the person before considering a "date". When you know someone from work, church, or through friendships, it is a good way to go places and do things without "dating". Remember to not put yourself in a vulnerable situation by hanging out alone or going to each other place without others being present. I've found this works quite well but you need to make sure he understands your beliefs and feelings. If he truly cares for you, he will respect you. God understands all of these "feelings" and as strong as the temptation may be, they are just "feelings" and will pass. Stand strong for him! He loves you first and foremost more than anyone else!