Author Thread: How do you feel
Admin

How do you feel
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 08:45 PM

about dating a man that is dating other Christian Woman? If he was honest and upfront about dating other's would you keep dating him?

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 02:57 AM

I need to qualify my statement.

(Would the court reporter please read back Mr. Archie's statement?).

I personally, will not date more than one woman. I put all my efforts in that one woman. I will continue to date her until circumstances dictate that the situation change. Circumstances such as "feelings" developing...either mutual or not. At that point I would have a "talk" with her and we could either go forward with understandings as to "exclusivity" or "backin' er down!".

But, again -- I would have no problems with her seeing other men...until...?

Steve

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 03:05 PM

These days it is known. If you are dating the intent is for it not be be exclusive. You have to clarify and say are we just dating eachother exclusively.

I do not date. I am practicing courtship, which means I am looking for the man that God wants me to marry. The man I am courting with I would prefer him to be practicing courtship as well. I want him to look at me as a potential wife, and not just a date on a Saturday nite.

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 07:33 PM

dear angel423, ahhh courtship , now thats the ticket..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 09:54 AM

Angel423 ~ Amen Sister...God bless ya...xo

aniontedbachelor

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 07:15 PM

(welcome you all) Please sit down, thank you so much ,u all are so kind -

to Angle423 I dont just go for courtship first thats not healthy

for bros and sisters in the lord.In the body, Fellowship should be first# I have to see you as my sis first and always not just someone I want to court>

Secondly# that fellowship might roll over into a Frienship ( going out in groups getting to know each other) Then thirdly a Courtship might be born out of that. Now Courtship is when you find out whats on the ship, if you dont like whats on the ship, then "jumpship" .

When its all said and done we still see each other as brother and sister in the lord so there be no (division in the Body).

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 05:50 AM

Annointed, I agree. Let me be more specific I pracitce friendship and see what will lead from that.

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 06:57 AM

dear batch,,, hey man good to see ya again..

your words

to Angle423 I dont just go for courtship first thats not healthy

mine here

i really dont see courtship as bein unhealthy..

not so long ago i looked at dating as a way to figure out who you was gonna court..

after a little time to think on it ..i came to a conclusion.

since i know where the end of my ultimate goal is ..a wife.

then i want to get to know someone ,, then meet and if we like each other then enuff to continue on in pursuit..

then i wanna see that person as my potential mate..

not as just another date.. im old and gettin older by the day hehe

so i dont wanna waste my time with dating a bunch of folks lookin for the one.. or just datin a woman to be datin them..

i prefer to see just one and be fair to her and say hey i wanna court you with the intentions of you becoming my wife ,,, until i know better that you aint the one or until i know you are the one !

now whether thats the best way to be , i dont know, but its the way im gonna be from here on out..

i just dont see it as unhealthy.. i believe datin should be with the intentions of courtin and not just seeing the woman as a date but as a potential wife..

what i mean is i recon if i cant see her as a potential wife then i dont wanna date her to begin with.. hehe

ole cattle

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 02:59 PM

AMEN Cattle!

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 03:09 PM

absolutely Cattle ;)

GraceMae

View Profile
History
How do you feel
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 03:52 PM

Sorry Given, I'm adding my input about coursthip... I know you didn't start it on that topic.... oh well...

Thanks Cattle.... I kinda think too, for me, actually... I don't really want to date per se, but I guess I want a man to approach me as courtship with hopeful potential of marraige.. I know that's hard, because well, how's a man or a woman goin' to know, unless they're spending time with each other? I don't know if I want to call it dating though. Yes, as annointed said, group dating is good, however often times we dont' meet that potential one in that kind of environment where we would be able to hang around that kind of supervised setting. It is like that for many.

With this online dating for example... (still think Online "Exploring" sounds so much better to me...lol) Well... I'd venture to say much time is going to be spent initially with emails, IM'g and phone conversations, which, does give you both that good feel that a meeting is prominent. You get to weed out a few things that way. I'm rambling now... sorry.

But, age is a factor for me... as cattle says.. I'm getting older by the day... so my way of thinking about this whole thing may be slightly different than the younger sector. I don't want to waste time casually doing anything...I would love to date, but I want the dating to be forever in marraige... I'd hate to be disappointed with "dating" before marraige and then marriage, and then "poof"! What happened, we aren't doing anything together anymore...

Again, sorry Given for deterring from your original topic.

~ GraceMae

Page : 1 2 3 4 5