Author Thread: praying at Mcdonalds
Admin

praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 10:04 AM

I was at Mc d's the other day and I saw 2 kids just tinytots praying over there kids meal.I never pray at fast food places do you?Are these kids putting us to shame?

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 11:07 AM

I usually do pray at fast food places. When I'm by myself, I just say a quick silent prayer; I doubt anyone even notices that I do that, though. When I'm with family or friends, one person usually prays out loud for the whole group. I figure that (1) I pray at home before a meal, so why wouldn't I pray in a restaurant before a meal? and (2) not praying because of what others might think is nearly as bad as denying that I'm a Christian out of fear of persecution.

I'm no saint. Don't think for a minute that's what I'm saying! But praying in restaurants is something that I've done all my life...I was raised doing that, so it's pretty natural for me to continue to do so.

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 12:32 PM

dg ~ This is just me an I will boldly state...I am not ashamed of being a Christain or of GOD or the relationship I have with him. He deserves worship, praise an thanxs always...

I give thanxs over all meals wether they are served at home or out in any resturant, including fast food.

I believe these children you speak of have been taught to do a simple jesture of thanxs befitting a KING...Bless the lil ones for they are the next generation an Bless thier parents for teaching them well....jus my 2 cents...xo

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 07:23 PM

yes I pray over my food wherever I am. It doesnt have to be 5 minutes long, but I do ask the Lord to bless the food.

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 08:57 PM

I don't ask God to bless my food. If I am eating at McDonalds I pray for protection from it! :ROFL:

Thunder

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 08:04 AM

Thunder ~ :ROFL:...thats a goodin...xo

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 12:50 PM

Yeah, I do. I don't really think it's "necessary"...but it's probably best to thank God and pray about everything. I don't think anybody does that very often...I know I don't:dunce::prayingm:

:peace::peace:

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 02:21 PM

Thunder!!! Ain't that the truth!!! :laugh: i think its great that they prayer over their meal...doesn't matter where or what it is, thanking God for what you've been given is always a good thing!

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 05:08 PM

dear folks, hitman the bible does tell us to give thanks for our food.. so you are right to do so..

now if im out by myself then i pray silently .. if i am with someone else i dont mind sayin grace for us.. no matter where we are..

i dont always remember specially when i am in a hurry,, as it is a habit i am learning myself.. but i can tell you that now if i forget i do remember about it later.. where i used to of wouldnt have..

praise GOD for those younguns doin so at an early age.. thats just awesome..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 05:23 PM

Thunder maybe you have a good point.Pray for protection from the food.It is the safest way.Dennis

View Profile
History
praying at Mcdonalds
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 10:57 PM

I pray before I eat, even in McDonalds. Sometimes I forget and my beloved 8 year old always corrects me, I get a dirty look and he has this shocked tone, "Mommy, we didn't pray!" Last time he told me that we were in Subway and I think the whole store heard, so he prayed. I think the classic is at restaurants when he asks the waitress a million questions and wants to know why she doesn't pray over the food before she serves it to the people.

Page : 1 2