Author Thread: Farewell from 1babygirl....
Admin

Farewell from 1babygirl....
Posted : 14 Apr, 2010 07:11 PM

Hey, everyone. I wanted to say a personal (at least as personal as I can be) goodbye to all.

The greatest thing occurred. I made friends who are now my Facebook friends and I talk to them on the phone. I did not come here to this site for that, but it happened. And I am sooooo glad.:yay:

But lately something has changed. There is a shift. I can feel it but I can't pinpoint it. Maybe it is me that has changed.

I changed my age settings so that friends can email me. I now have to convince men 15 to 20 years younger than me that I am not a match.

The forums are not the same. I see many posts that have no replies or comments and I have great compassion for the rejection and lack of validation that the post originator would naturally feel. I respond, but to no avail. The people who started the post don't even respond.

I learned that God is the answer to my loneliness and that He will bless me with 'my boo' when I'm ready. My petition is before Him. So I reach out to make friends and people are guarded because of past hurt and unresponsive because they want a 'woman' not a friend. Maybe I am being greedy. Maybe I have enough friends. :laugh:

This sounds like I am complaining, but I am not, I am giving reasons for the people who would care enough to want to know.

I will stay on for a while to make sure that I have all contact info of my buddies. I love you all with the love of our Father and His Son Jesus and our intercessor, the Holy Spirit. Peace be unto you. :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2010 08:11 PM

Babygirl -- what can I say? Do what you feel God is leading you to do. It has been a pleasure to know you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2010 09:51 AM

Same here godlamb. I knew you would answer if no one else did. I'm not saying I'm gone forever, but I will be shutting it down for awhile. It's cool that the admin gives you a option to reinstate yourself.

I pray the very best for you and that God gives all that your heart desires (within reason! :laugh:)

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2010 10:18 AM

Sorry to see you go. You've keep these boards lively! When/if you want to come back, I'm sure we'll all be glad to see you!

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2010 10:21 AM

Hi 1babygirl

I am not sure if I understand your message, but I understand from Godslamb that you are leaving this forum.

I am sorry to hear that the one thing I admire in you has caused you to leave this forum. I think you set an example.

Also your spontaneous way has broken the ice several times.

It will be missed.

Good luck and blessings in your new path.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2010 10:54 AM

Thank you for your kind words.

Edw's, computer is being repaired, but I am waiting for him to rip me up. I don't know how many times I convinced him to stay when he was fed up with something.

All who wish to, please email me your phone number, Facebook name or email and I would love to stay in touch.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2010 02:35 PM

Hey Lady...Babygirl...What ever has shifted...ifin its God in yer heart, then its all good...I'll miss ya an yer joyful humor...God Bless ya Sister in Christ....xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2010 12:13 PM

My dear friend Ms. Babygirl,

What can I say? There's no doubt that your presence will be sorely missed on here. Your contributions to the forums have been epic! You have kept them going with your lively and sometimes deep and thought provoking comments.

Who will I have to jab with now? You are the only one on here that has ever threatened to cut me (lol) and you are also one of the very, very few that has come to my rescue when I was being ganged up on for some of my rather brass or otherwise bold comments. I wish you would change your mind but I respect and understand your decision to leave. I'm sure I and others will continue to keep in touch with you. You have truly blessed my life and touched my soul. I am honored to call you my friend!

ce

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2010 01:14 PM

Had to come back for a minute and say thank you again to everyone for all of your responses.

Charles (Edw) is such a sweetheart. I did not expect to find friends here at all, but was not surprised that I was able to make girlfriends, social butterfly that I am. :rolleyes: But to have gained such a good friend as Charles has been so awesome. I miss him if I go more than 1 day without exchanging some type of crazy talk on Facebook. Finding a good platonic friend of the opposite sex is a rare find and I appreciate this site for that. I would never have met all my peeps! :rocknroll:

I'll be here for a little while for the forums unless God says otherwise.

Be talkin' to ya.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2010 06:40 PM

Love your new pic, babygirl!

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2010 07:50 PM

Thanks Lamb! Yours is really nice as well. Having your glasses took about 15 years off! You look all young and vibrant! :peace:

Page : 1 2