Author Thread: Dealing with desire...
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 03:02 AM

Many of you know this through other post have made...I have been single my whole life and believe in remaining pure until marriage...however I struggle a lot with sexual desires. Looking at young women (women my age) in inappropriate ways and negative thoughts that enter my head. There is no doubt that my lonliness often feels like a prison to me. How can I deal with this negatvity. I don't really want to post this, but I feel I'll get honest feedback and from people that I don't have to physically face. Please help me....(I hope no one thinks bad of me...) God bless all of you!!

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 10:29 AM

1st of all, you are not a bad person, you simply are being honest with yourself and most of all, with God. I too have wondering eyes, and like you, I too am honest to myself and God. I have some men that I meet with and we discuss these matters, and believe me, we are not the only ones! We, I mean all of us that are followers of Christ have to learn this: We must DIE TO SELF!!! This morning, me and my best friend talked about this: The church today has failed in Disciplining.......we are here to conform into His likeness and character so we become His express image here on this earth so that the world may know Him thru us. Maturing in Christ. The church has gotten off track, or may I say, some have never been on track from the beginning, which is an entirly different topic;but, there isn't any disciplining going on in most churches today, and people are not understanding about Bondages and Strong-holds, which some have, so they must be delivered from such, and that takes a stronger man(Christ) to deliver us from that bondage. Hope this has help you some, but in a nut shell there you have it. MichaelKeith

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 03:14 PM

If you had preferenced you post with something like how you have been on your knees praying and fasting for a wife; then I may of answered differently. If you are not gifted with singleness, then be pro-active asking, praying, begging, for a good wife. But be careful for what you ask for...lol! And the next time you look at a really sexy, scantly dressed girl; just remember she is going to hell unless at sometime in her life she accepts Jesus who loves her and died for her. So maybe instead of lusting for her you could pray for her!

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 10:32 AM

Hello:

To storm;and others:

Having the desires you have, first they show that you are a normal man.

Those desires show you are not gifted for singleness..

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

The Lord placed within you and others the need and desire(s) for marriage.

Seeing the Lord has opened the need for a wife,Shall He not also bring a Lady to you,one that

He has prepared to being your wife.

As far as the thoughts in your mind,Make sure they are yours and not from the enemy.

Many Christians confess thoughts that do not belong to them.

The enemy cannot make us sin,he can only put the enticement in front of us.

Then we choose to trust the Lord to provide and protect us,or we choose to do this ourselves.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1Co 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

1Co 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

Remember,the Lord is aware of all that happens to us and within us.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Storm Remember;

Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What does it mean to be more than a conqueror?

We are Sons and Daughters of The Most High God.

We are New Creatures in Christ (This means To being something that was never there).

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

We are Light and Salt in the earth.

We are Kings and Priests unto God in Christ.

We are a royal priesthood.

We are so much more,yet do we actually believe what the Lord says we are in Yeshua/Jesus.

Please remember that Yeshua has justified you;

Yeshua has redeemed you with His Blood.

Yeshua kept all of the Law and Prophets,so that we do not have to.

I am not abdicating Lawlessness,I am proclaiming the Gospel.

We do not keep/obey the law to become righteous,then the life,death and resurrection of Yeshua

avails us nothing.

It is because we have been declared righteous in Yeshua that we keep/obey the law.

Yehsua is Righteous, Holy,Just,and Sanctified on your behalf.

Trusting Yeshua by faith,He imputes to you,and I; His Righteousness,His Holiness,and His Sanctification,

Along with every righteous act and word He had spoken.

In doing this,we stand before The God of Abraham,Isaac,and Jacob completely Justified,Righteous,Holy,

Sanctified, and as though we have kept/obeyed the whole law.

All of this is because of Yeshua.

As far as not liking you,You are my brother in Yeshua,I Love you.

As far as the Church not discipling that is what the Lord has been showing me for a long time.

Matthew 28:18-20 this is about Discipling others,not about water baptism.

The church is wrong about this and many,many things,Yet She still is the Bride of Yeshua..

Please read these books when you can.

The Normal Christian Life.....By Watchman Nee

The Spiritual Man....By Watchman Nee

Worship;The Christians Highest Occupation....By A.P.Gibbs

Biblical Eldership....By Alexander Strauch

How to Understand your Bible.....By T.Norton Sterett

I have written much,yet I hope this might be of some help and comfort.

Agape' and Charis:

Shalom and Chesed:

George

springrose10

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 02:19 PM

I've been in ministry for 30 years. One of the most used resources that I've seen on this topic is a book by Steve Arteburn called Every Man's Battle. You may want to post on the book thread and ask if any men have read it and recommend it.

Also, you may want to check out the website New Life Dot Com.

Blessings,

Rose

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 17 Jul, 2010 09:23 PM

I have a great deal of respect for you because of your openness about difficulties of loneliness and frustration over unfulfilled desire and your desire to glorify God by remaining pure until you meet your wife. Everything you mentioned sounds familiar to my own experience in this war.

But let me assure you of one thing, all that is taking place in your life now is not simply happenstance, if you are a true child of God these temptations and tests are by design.

Remember Joseph, after getting accused of something he didn't do turned up in prison, I believe, for 10 years. The book of Psalms speaks about a period of time when his wrists hurt because of the shackles he wore. But Scripture says Joseph was being tested and it also says the Lord was with Joseph. Somehow, I doubt Joseph always felt the Lord's presence. Certainly normal male frustrations where a part of Joseph's experience too. After all it was for purities sake that partly landed him in jail! Some woman kept trying to get him to lay with her, he kept refusing, she got mad and accused him of rape which resulted in a stay in prison for him.

I'm getting long winded here but I pray you will persevere. No waiting trial is fun. And God knows your thoughts so confess them to him every time. Confession means to say the same thing Gods says about bad thoughts. Also remember the Psalms and Romans chp7 about Paul's and David's spiritual battle. Remember the tests of Job. Job probably never knew the accusation of Satan behind the scene of Jobs trial. Satan assured God that once Job experienced serious testing he would curse God.

You can be sure that your tests in this area of singleness, waiting and striving to stay pure is not going unnoticed either! No doubt you are a topic of conversation and focus in the heavenly realms. Also read Ephesians on how to conduct spiritual warfare.

Stand firm and endure brother,

Blessings, David

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 17 Jul, 2010 09:32 PM

thanks David!!! That was very encouraging...thank you.

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 28 Jul, 2010 01:52 PM

Dear brother, you may think you are weak, that you have this weakness but in Jesus' Name you have power over it. Rebuke every evil thought in Jesus' Name, with perseverance and these bad thoughts will have to flee away. Be free in the Name of Jesus and walk in the authority He has given us!

Luke 10: 17-20 ,, 17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." 18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Be blessed!

Vinnymanvinny

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 13 Aug, 2010 02:00 AM

I believe that we all of sins that our flesh desires. There are some sins that are easy to walk away from and others that are not. For the sins that are not easy to walk away from, Galatians tells us that if we walk in the spirit rather than we will not carry out the desires of the flesh.

JustSomeGuy

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 18 Aug, 2010 07:09 PM

You're basically feeling guilty for being human. :P Believe me man, I'm in exactly the same place you are. I struggled with this for a long time, but I came to a realization. Listen, brother: God made men and women to be with each other, and the desires you have are hard-wired into your being. God intended for a man to desire a woman. Look back in Genesis when God brought Eve to Adam. Adam wanted to join with her, to become one flesh. He wasn't just thinking of spiritual union here! Take this to it's logical conclusion: If you feel guilty for desiring women, does that mean you would want to someday have a wife and not desire her? What kind of marriage would that be? So the sin is not in the desire. It becomes sin when those desires are acted upon in an illegitimate way. As long as you can train your appetites so that you recognize them for what they are, but then not allow them to be indulged in a way that is wrong, you have not sinned. God can help you to train yourself, but I don't believe He will take away your desire for women. That's just part of being a man, bro. So don't sweat the desire. Rather, cherish it as something put there by God to one day be consummated and shared with the woman He intends for you. And as long as you don't let it drive you into wrong actions, you're doing fine.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 19 Aug, 2010 09:07 AM

Excellent post, JustSomeGuy!

:peace::peace:

Page : 1 2 3