Author Thread: So infuriating
Rabbit32

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 10 Aug, 2010 10:02 PM

I was talking to a 20yo female from my area, who seemed like a realy nice gal. To top it off she was probably the most beautiful woman that liked me. We had set a time to meet at a local mall. If anyone knows anything about me, they know I have three kids, so usally they are with me. The mall has a play area so I thought it would be nice for the kids to play, and we could sit down and talk.

The day came to meet. I went to meet her in the food court near the play area. As I aproached her and greeted her, the kids ran to the play area. I could imdiately tell something was wrong. Her body launguage was rigid and closed off, plus she didn't get up to greet me, or barley looked at me. After an uncomfortable minute she got up and said something was up with her friend and she will talk to me later. What she didn't know was I have a gift of disernment, and my bs meter was ticking off the scale. A couple lame excuse and a email of rejection later told me what I already knew. She wasnt into me.

For the longest time I did not ask why, I guess I was afraid to know. As one grows in Christ God always brings up stuff he wants to change, and I am in a season of transformation. I finally summoned the courage to talk to her and found out basically she didn't wanna be with me, because of my kids. Oh well I guess, they're not going anywhere till there 18 soo..I guess I'll do without her ;)

springrose10

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 10 Aug, 2010 10:07 PM

You're right, it's frustrating. I wish I could tell you that God is going to bring you a women that will love your kids as her own, but you already know that is in God's hands.

What I can tell you is that when I married my daughter's dad, he already had 3 kids. So it's not hopeless.

Hey, just look for an idiot like me!?!

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 10 Aug, 2010 10:37 PM

lol, I'll keep that in mind. Did I ever tell you I quite smoking? :yay:

springrose10

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 10 Aug, 2010 10:51 PM

WAY TO GO!!! You just added years of happiness to your kids lives. Hope you've done something to reward yourself for the hard work!

Tulip89

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 08:19 AM

Look at it this way. You landed a date with a hot 20 year old. If you've done it once, you can do it again. Maybe the next one will be better about your kids.

Is it possible to not bring your kids? If you could find a way to do that, she might fall for you before she physically meets them and be able to justify it in her mind better.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 09:58 AM

Yeah....probably not a good time to bring your kinds into it. She didn't even know how much she liked you, and then she had 3 other people to worry about. I'm guessing she knew about your kids before the meeting, so she must have at least been open to the idea...I don't know....anyway...next time, it'd probably be a good idea to get a baby-sitter. Did she know you were bringing your kids? I'm not trying to put this ALL on you...but to be fair...that was a lot for a first meeting, I wouldn't blame her too much. Congrats on being smoke free!:rocknroll:

:peace::peace:

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 10:20 AM

Well the funny thing is, I thought about that when I was writting that, so maybe I overwhelmed her. Oh well lesson learned.

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 06:42 PM

Life is FULL of lessons!! :)

Wonderful news about the smoking!! Good lesson for the kids too.

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 07:39 PM

I think God protected you.

From a woman's point of view...... and speaking for myself...... if I met a guy for the first time I would want to meet him without his kids. Just so that I could be sure the two of us would really hit it off enough and possibly have a future,at which time I'd like to meet the kids.

Like you said --- lesson learned. We all need to learn from our mistakes.

Good job on the smoking!! :applause:

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 11 Aug, 2010 07:55 PM

I think it's so unfair to not give you a chance because you had kids which she knew about a head of time. But as a fellow 22 yo female most girls at 22 don't have the maturity level to handle kids. That's why I feel fortunate I've spent my life with kids and know where I stand with them and all of that stuff.

Good luck in the future though :)

hisprincess2010

View Profile
History
So infuriating
Posted : 14 Aug, 2010 09:06 PM

Rabbit,

I felt you on this post. I have the same problem. I have 3 kids and sometimes men back off because of the that, but I would rather them exit out of my life instead of waste my time. It hurts sometimes, but I know GOD will divinely connected me with my mate eventually. Stay encouraged.:waving:

Page : 1 2