Author Thread: Love at first Click
Admin

Love at first Click
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 02:14 PM

Yep, click.

I heard in my information techology class recently that one in five married couples meet online.

Guess what folks! I'm gonna be one of the five.:applause:

Not too long after I joinded CDFF, I was reading the forums and started noticing quite a few nice, christian people, but one in particular kept catching my eye. Evertime I logged on to the CDFF site, I'd go straight to the forums and look her up. I enjoyed her sense of humor, her wit, and her apparent love for Jesus. Something about her just...I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

At the time she was seeing another gent, but I really enjoyed reading her forum postings nevertheless. We began sending friendly messages to each other; I dated a lady I met on here a few times, it didn't work out; just friendly dates out to dinner or picnics until I got to know her. I never dated anyone else at the time, just didn't seem right. I was busy with school, plus I wanted to see what would progress. Seems we just weren't compatible.

Well, my heart was touched by this wonderful lady I kept seeing in the forums. I just couldn't get her off my mind. We exchanged e-mail addresses, then telephone numbers. We shared personal experiences, we've said many prayers over the phone together. We've learned we share more than a few interests.

We both have the same zeal for Christ as well, which is very important to me.

Although we live a couple thousand miles away as the crow flies, she has captured my heart. She feels the same way. So, rumors have it, as soon as I finish this semester, ya'll are gonna be hearing a few wedding bells off toward the west coast,somewhere around hiway 101.

That wonderful lady God has blessed me with is known on this site as Savedbygrace3.

Sorry fellas, she's taken.

springrose10

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 04:45 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Charles & Sharon!!!

Best Wishes!

Rose

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 05:06 PM

Congratulations Charles and Sharon! So happy for you guys! Jsalud =)

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 06:35 PM

Oh! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!!!!!!!

:waving: :applause: :dancingp:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 31 Aug, 2010 08:37 PM

I knows how you feels. All the best, dude!

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 31 Aug, 2010 11:42 PM

:waving:Thank you all so very much!

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 1 Sep, 2010 09:32 PM

Happy Engagement Charles and Sharon!

Have you met in person yet? or just talked on the phone?

...Another Long Distance Relationship :glow:

cameleon12

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 7 Sep, 2010 01:22 AM

haha good stuff, congrats bro!

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 7 Sep, 2010 10:37 AM

:applause:...Edw & Saved...Well its about time...So very happy for both of you...Please keep us all posted and May GOD continue to pour out His Blessins upon you both today and always...xo

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 15 Sep, 2010 01:54 AM

I am amazed at how impatient people are. You can't really think that you love some one after a short amount of time. Especially not even meeting.

This is not a romance novel or some fairy tail where every one lives haply ever after. In the real world people fall in love all the time. Unlike the fairy tail they also get divorced

all the time as well.

What's the hurry? If you are so impatient in getting to know each other so will you be at making it work. After all finding some one is the easy part.

Actually making it work and last when the fantasy wears off is the hard part.

It takes two people putting in the work to make it a sucess. Keeping the friendship strong. Doing things you some times don't feel like doing. Researching when there is a problem.

If you have already had a failed marriage what makes you think this one will be better? This new person may not have the same flaws but they have flaws as well.

I watched my parents marriage fall apart after many years. Altimetly my father had an affair an moved in with this new woman. She was no better and that relationship ended soon after.

In all truthfulness almost any relationship can work. Most divorces can be prevented. I am helping a close friend right now that was close to divorce. They are both christians and have been married for about 15 years. If they are both willing it can be saved. Unfortunately most people would through in the towel at this point. It's going to take a lot of work but if saved will be very worth it.

So don't rush and be prepared to do the work down the road. If not then it will be an other failed or unhappy relationship.

Best wishes!

Please excuse my poor writting. It's very late and I am tired!

View Profile
History
Love at first Click
Posted : 19 Sep, 2010 03:10 PM

It's GREAT to hear that you've found the gal you were looking for!!!

I'd like to add my congratulations to all of the others to you, Charles and Sharon!!! And wishing you all God's BEST!!!

Steve McLean

Page : 1 2