Author Thread: does colour really matter??
Admin

does colour really matter??
Posted : 20 Aug, 2008 08:15 AM

hey ya'll. i was on this other website, and people were talking about their racial preferences.do you guys have any racial preferences? i mean i know a lot of guys say they are christians but find it difficult to date someone from another race. i met this one guy online but not on this website. the guy claimed to be christian but said he couldn't date a black girl...even though we had an awesome connection. bummer ha? what do you guys prefer? and please be brutally honest. i dont have any other preference...my connection to a guy comes first. alrighteeeee then...lets hear it :applause:

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2008 12:05 PM

When you say guys, do you mean girls guys? Guys guys?

No where in the bible stated that it is wrong to go out with someone with a different skin color.

I say no, It should not matter.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 08:19 PM

you are so pretty. i was raised that i should never ever date a black man. i knew it was wrong from the first time i heard it. i have 3 children and from the time they were little bitty i always told them that i dont care who they date, love, marry, as long as he or she was good to them. they could be purple or green and i wouldn't care. since that time though, my parents thoughts have changed Thank God.

My husband i am separated from talked so much trash to me when my daughter started dating a beautiful young black man. it was so hurtful to me to hear the things he said and i know it was for this young man. all parents would wish their daughter had someone that was as good to their daughter as he was to my daughter. he will always have a special place in my heart and i hope that one day (now is too soon as they are just out of high school) their paths will cross again. i love this young man so much.

In the Bible, Acts 17:26 KJV is the following:

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

my point is the "one blood" part of that verse. we all came from Noah and his family if you believe what the Bible says. God doesn't look at our color, He looks at our heart.

It is my hope that some day all this will end. I guess though it wont until He comes again and sets up his kingdom.

xxooxx

wanda

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 05:40 PM

yeah i guess, but i hope things change soon because, what if our soul mates are of a different race, another culture or country...what then, will some of us disregard what GOD has for us because its not what we prefer. but oh well. i'm so happy that your daughter had a man that treated her properly. i just know that GOD has a lovely young man waiting for her...you'll see, GOD is faithful

:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 06:16 AM

Color only matters if one relies too much on their eyes instead of their heart. God designed different races and colors for a specific reason, unique diversity that is NOT ungodly like debating and arguing the Word causing divisions.

I'd welcome any nationality or race, as long as both personalities compliment one another and always focus on pleasing and serving the Lord.

God bless!

auntiebecca

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Aug, 2008 09:05 PM

Here in Hawaii, there are many mixed marriages and it is acceptable. I have many friends here who are married to other races and they are accepted. I would totally cool with dating a man of any race. When I was younger, my dad said it is not wrong, but it can make things difficult. He is currently interested in a woman from the Philippines.

Shai

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 01:41 PM

I don't think race necessarily matters, but personally I've never met a black man that I was attracted to. I don't know if that's because they were black or because there was just no connection though, I never really thought about it. Sometimes it may matter simple because it's EASIER (more socially acceptable by their peers) to date someone of the same race, which may affect some peoples decisions on that matter.

Anyone, if he turned you down for that then there must be someone better God has for you. :)

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 08:15 PM

Well, this is in the "Ask Girls" forum, but race means nothing. Even the Jews of the Bible married the heathens and I'm certainly not a Jew. People apply things of the Bible so physically, when physically is second-best to the main focus of the Bible: Its spiritual meaning. If there was a purple man with green hair, three eyes and who followed Christ more perfectly than some guy who was gorgeous and less of a Christian, I'm going after the purple guy.:hearts:

farmerburt

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 02:11 AM

The only true preference is that the other person love worship and follow our Heavenly Father. They should put God first. Just remember, our hearts are all the same color but is God in their heart?