Author Thread: The mark of the beast
ephesians522

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 20 Aug, 2008 06:25 PM

Revelation 13:

16All people were forced to put a mark on their right hand or forehead. Whether they were powerful or weak, rich or poor, free people or slaves, 17they all had to have this mark, or else they could not buy or sell anything. This mark stood for the name of the beast and for the number of its name...

More evidence of prophesy fulfilled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo&feature=related

God bless us all.

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 08:01 PM

six hundred and sixty-six is the number of man-satans ploy is always to usurp the throne of God-he therefore empowers man to do God's work in his own wisdom and according to his own natural reasoning and intellect and according to his own strength apart from the life of Christ in Him-for instance, if it is not Christ in me leading the people then I am misleading the people-

the safety against this is "the way of the Cross" and its principal of self-denial. Our natural soul-life needs to be put to death so the life of the Spirit can be the governing factor in our lives and service. Christ said, "He who loves his soul-life(psuche) will lose it, and he who loses his soul-life for my sake shall find it unto life eternal(zoe) or divine life. And again, "If any one will be my disciple, let him deny his self, and take up his cross and follow me." The Lord wants us to put to death the natural life and live according to His Holy Spirit and to walk according to and be led by the Spirit. Satan does all he can to prevent the Christian from truly functioning according to the power of the Holy Spirit because that is a mighty force against the powers of darkness and he knows his time is short. He will even cause the Christian to think he is walking in the Spirit so as to prevent him from being crucified with Christ so he will not know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, travailing in deep heart burdened prayer for the people of God aginst the powers of darkness and filling up that which is lacking in the sufferings of Christ.

So the mark of the beast is man doing God's work in his own strength and wisdom apart from the life of Christ in him. Thus deceiving many. So safety is in seeing ourselves upon the cross in Christ and letting the Holy Spirit make that a living reality in our lives. Ask Him about it. Ask Him for your cross and let it utterly slay you and you will surely experience the power of His resurrection and the Person of the Holy Spirit in living and vibrant union with Christ.

May the Lord bless and keep you, and cause His Face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you!

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 15 Aug, 2009 08:06 PM

I'm sorry..I know this has absolutely nothing to do with this serious topic..but - Sonsoflevi - has anyone ever told you - you kinda look like Carmen? You two look like you could be bros!

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 02:49 AM

I've not been told that one yet. Who is Carmen?

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 11:50 AM

haha!! Carmen is a Christian singer from the 90's - trust me, if you google him, you'll see a pic of him for sure.

GlendoraMike

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 7 Jan, 2010 01:30 PM

Take a look at the bar codes on things that you buy. You will see three sets of two thin lines that are longer that the others. There is one at the front, then one in the middle and finally one at the end of the bar code. Those two thin lines are the number 6. They are used to let the scanner see which way the bar code is turned. So 666 is already in use when you buy something. These same bar codes could be used with invisible ink on each person to making buying and selling easier. Recently, a company has come up with inventory tags that can be read from a distance. Someday, you could go into a store pick up a loaf of bread and pass through a scan field and your purchase will be recorded and your account charged without you even having to stop at a cash register. Chips are already being tested in people.:devil:

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 10 Feb, 2010 04:26 PM

Yes, you're right, there is a literal mark (or most likely a chip) or else how could they determine who is able to buy or sell.

KC_Mike

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 18 Aug, 2010 06:27 PM

I believe it is a literal "mark". John was told by Jesus to "write down what he saw". John was referring to something physical not only to the human eye, but something physical that would allow them to buy and sell.

I've heard all of the arguments (Hank Hennegraff, etc) that dismiss the mark as something "surreal, in the heart, something unseen and more about relationship". Try to waive the "intent of your heart" to a cashier to purchase something or proclaim your "relationship with God" to a Govt worker as ID and see how far that gets you.

Microchip technology has been around for decades but the wise person will study that fact that it was not ready - until now. It was too large and needed to be self-powered, making it impossible to self-maintain - until now. Now microchips can perform millions of transactions, hold gigs of info and are small enough (now) to be powered by BODY HEAT. A microchip is NOT the Mark, but I believe it is the harbinger technology that will allow the Mark to become possible.

Gourd00

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 9 Mar, 2011 05:56 AM

I think the devil is doing a great job of making people afraid of technology and progress. A one world money system would be a good thing, not a bad one. Being able to go anywhere in the world and not having to worry about getting our money exchanged and all that hassle would be a very nice benefit. As well, we already have iphones, tons of apps, and a lot of stuff, including online bill pay, on the internet already. It's only logical that that would lead to having something on our bodies that we wouldn't have to fool with that could be used for constant communication and taking care of business.

The misinterpretation of Scripture isn't that different from the Amish/Mennonite group (I don't know exactly which holds the belief) that believes that electricity is bad. They live back in the stone age (not literally) because they don't perceive God's blessings, and they suffer for it.

View Profile
History
The mark of the beast
Posted : 1 Dec, 2011 07:00 AM

Does anyone take into account that the word of God is vailed and only true believers see the truth(God).what parables are? How Jesus taught? And get into Depth of the word, the spirit of the word,YES, the word has spirit..the 144,000 are marked in the knowledge of Jesus ,consider it may not be literal..does anyone know about the third eye, chakras? The Bible is faceted and we are the body of Christ(annointed ). Every part of the body does something different.The hands, feet, etc..God Bless...Donna

Page : 1 2