Author Thread: Would you....?
Admin

Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 03:58 AM

My Church has moved to another town, so I have been looking for a another Church closer to home. There is a Church that ;

* Says it is the official interpreter of the Bible and does not allow anyone to interpret scriptures different than them.

* Says that no one can be saved outside their church.

* Says that unless you believe its current leader has the same authority as the Apostle Peter you will lose your faith and salvation.

* Says it can never be wrong.

Would you attend this Church?

SilverFire

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 11:33 AM

Hmm, when I read this at first I thought you were talking about the Church of Christ, because their behavior matches up, line for line. But it matches up to Catholicism, too.

I have been told many a time that there is no such thing as "private interpretation" by Catholics. When I asked them what that was, they told me that it was any interpretation besides that of the Catholic church.

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 12:03 PM

Hi 2sparrows,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly... Are you saying one is not

saved unless one is a Catholic and must believe in the full Catholic

doctrine?

I was baptized Catholic and attended the Catholic church for years. I just

don't recall learning that.

Also, I'm not sure why you refer to calling a church "she."

If you'd be so kind to explain I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Oh, I attend a Nondenominational Church now. One that the Pastors preach

straight from the Living Word of God.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 12:55 PM

No, I wouldnt attend there...i'd run the opposite way!

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 01:29 PM

To the church that has the "ungodly rules": no! i definately won't go there.To the thing about Catholics :???????? You must :stop: there.How does this situation come in this thread?It makes the whole thread looks confusing.I myself.do'nt like certain things in certain denominations,but if that's the case with someone here,i would rather P.M. the person first.

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 01:47 PM

Hi Saved;

The Catholic church refers to itself in this manner. In its writings the Catholic church declares itself to be the "Holy Mother Church" and the spouse of Christ. Therefore refers to itself as "Herself", "Her"and" She". All you have to do is read their writings; even our catholic brother Arch in a number of his postings uses "Her" and "She".

Why do I use it? ...because it brings to light the attitude of the Catholic Church that She is the only bride of Christ and Mother to all Christians.

The Catholic Church has for nearly a thousand years taught that you cannot be saved outside the Apostolic Roman Church as evidenced by the 4th Lateran Council in 1215 which decreed "There is only one universal Church of the faithful, outside which none will be saved" This has been reaffirmed by a number of Popes since.

The reason you were not taught this when you were Catholic is mainly because of the Vatican II Council (1962 to 1965) One of the things changed by this Council was that the Church now recognized non-catholics as a leigitmate Christian Community and were now to be referred to as "separated brethren". The vast majority of Catholics accept the decrees of Vatican II ,yet some do not. I am not sure if our brother Arch accepts it; I have asked him and received no answer.

LavButterfly

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2010 07:55 PM

That church wouldn't get me as a member or even one who attends casually. Don't really like to drive a long way to go to church but am positive that there must be another alternative than a church like this.

Keep looking! :angel:

discreet

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 08:57 AM

Says it is the official interpreter of the Bible and does not allow anyone to interpret scriptures different than them.

THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURE NOT ANY ONE ELSE.

* Says that no one can be saved outside their church.

JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION

JOHN 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

JESUS SAVES!

* Says that unless you believe its current leader has the same authority as the Apostle Peter you will lose your faith and salvation.

ACTS 16:31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

* Says it can never be wrong.

ROMANS3:23 FOR "ALL" HAVE SINNED.

ROMANS3:10 THERE IS "NONE" RIGHTEOUS NO NOT ONE.

sounddoctorin

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 29 Nov, 2010 08:20 PM

Definitely start a home fellowship like the acts church. Seek people who really are committed to loving each other and sharing all things in common. Without that there is no church period. This stuff people call 'church' today is a dead end.

Like Sam phillips sang

"I need love...not the political church"....

Right on. There are so many crazy motives that have to do with people finding security in a religious society instead of the Lord, and on the leadership side, pleasing people instead of the Lord. While controlling and manipulating them for fun and profit.

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 22 Apr, 2012 10:38 AM

OH my sounds like the rott is and rot is coming out of the woodword... WOW'za

You may not be able to find fellowship with Christians at a house that is the church of God but you certainly can find GREAT Christians to fill you soul with GOD inspired and GOD divined words of hope ~ faith ~ and love.

I have done a little traveling and offer you this food for the soul. Look up New Hope Church of God in East Windsor New Jersey. On their site you will see a prayer line that is active MONDAY to FRIDAY 5:15 am to 7 am most of the time. Officially it begins at 5:30 but might I suggest calling in early or you may not be able to get in that day. Also gives you a few moments to pray quietly to God while you listen to others worship ~ Hallelujah!

This church represents about 38 different countries and was a JOY and a BLESSING to be involved with over the 4 months that I was there last summer. Bishop Philip Bonepate also offers bible study 7pm (Eastern time zone I'm afraid kidz) on Wednesdays. When you visit the HOME page you can also go into the archives and find MANY sermons there as well.

A church my friend is JUST THAT a body of people NOT a building and a set of mans doctrines.

May GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY as He keeps His hand on your life. Keeping a hedge of protection around you and your ears and eyes open for the truth. I pray that He expands your territory and gives you peace. MAY GOD fortify and enhance your life beyond your wildest dreams. I ask that Abba blesses you my brother, that He blesses you GREATLY in the days that are before you!

View Profile
History
Would you....?
Posted : 22 Apr, 2012 12:15 PM

1Cr 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

I am now having read all the threads disappointed to say the least... James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

I did not come to forums or this site to engage in bitter disputes and name calling Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

TWO SPARROWS though your question may have been sincere in point it was still BAITED ~ that good sir was deceptive of you!!! To involve other Christians in your obvious rivalry with Arch was also of un CHRIST-LIKE behavior. HE is the light upon our path not a blight of darkness before me. IT is NOT FOR ME... and not for the TWO OF YOU to solve CENTURIES of disagreement. In your own eyes your are EACH RIGHT and GOD not I nor any other Christian will be the judge of that. Jam 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

THERE IS MUCH writen in the word on judgement...

GOD gave EVERYONE a free choice, and with the amount of data available to EVERYONE even to those in the poorest of countries. I TRUST that GOD not man understands. IS it the ISSUE that lies between you that matters most to HIM that is I AM ~ or is it how you treat one another???? Jhn 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another This commandment is given repeatedly in scriptures EVEN UNTO OUR ENEMY God commands it. CHRIST commands it! What do YOU obey Gods word or the fight over doctrine??? and semantics???? (love one another ~ Jhn 13:34 ~ Jhn 15:12 ~ Jhn 15:17 ~ Rom 13:8 ~ 1Th 4:9 ~ 1Pe 1:22 ~ 1Jo 3:11 ~ 1Jo 3:23 ~ 1Jo 4:7 ~ 1Jo 4:11 ~ 1Jo 4:12 ~ 2Jo 1:5 ~ Rom 12:10 ~ Gal 5:13 ~ Eph 4:2 ~ 1Th 3:12 ~ Hbr 10:24) Ye BOTH being men of knowledge and understanding ~ men that spend time in the bible will know and understand GODS true and PERFECT peace! He is ABOUT LOVE for how many times is the word or an extension of the word used in the Bible??? 1Pe 3:8 Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous:

Gen 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

2Ch 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the LORD, who [is] with you in the judgment.

Eze 24:14 I the LORD have spoken [it]: it shall come to pass, and I will do [it]; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.

Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

1Cr 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

1Cr 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Psa 96:10 Say among the heathen [that] the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

Psa 26:1 � [[[A Psalm] of David.]] Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; [therefore] I shall not slide.

Psa 35:24 Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.

Page : 1 2