Author Thread: How do you strengthen yourself in the Lord?
riveroflife1

View Profile
History
How do you strengthen yourself in the Lord?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 06:21 PM

1 Samuel 30:6

David was greatly distressed, for the men spoke of stoning him because the souls of them all were bitterly grieved, each man for his sons and daughters. But David encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God.

What are ways we can strengthen ourselves as well as encourage ourselves in the Lord?

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 07:36 PM

Personally, I always keep in "contact" with God, on whatever act I do I try to put Him first in my head (WWJD). I listen to the sermons, Christian music, read the Bible, keep talking to God (aka praying).

Even when I feel like don't want to, I force myself to do it, then the feelings would follow.

Right now I've been reading the story of David as well, on how his successful stories. One of the thing I have noticed about him was, on everything he did, he went to God first, even when he sinned against God in his case with Bathsheba, the first person he had in mind was God (2Samuel12:13).

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 08:01 PM

When I just "read" the word of God, there is power there. Over time, with a little discipline, I learned to trust in the word. It didn't happen over night, but it did happen. There is still suffering, pain, and unjust persecution living day to day sometime, but one scripture always stays with me. That is James 1:2.Consider it all joy... when you encounter various trials, 2 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4.And let endurance have it's perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. 5. But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without approach, and it will be given to him. [... I plug "I" iin all the places it says "you" in the scripture.]

There is solice when I actually pick up the word and read it, especially in trial and when I'm troubled about some situation or circumstance that I've no control over. The word of God builds me up more than sometimes people. Depends on what's happening. I just try to remember when I get over one hurdle, never to forget, another "WILL" come, just a matter of time. I keep reminding myself I'm living in a "foreign" land. This isn't my permanent or eternal home. So all that I go through, is just for me to go through and look for God in it all.

~ GraceMae

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 11:29 PM

It seems like the more you put yourself last, the stronger you become in God...that is, if there's a relationship there of course.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 04:39 AM

Pray--Praise--Worship Him

Fight hard not to let the enemy steal my joy; the Joy of the Lord is my strength.

God Bless,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 10:22 AM

You can be no stronger in any matter than your knowledge of the word, you strength will be relative to what you know according to the word of God.

Then we have the helper, the Holy Spirit is also our strengthener to help us know the truth and fellowship with the father in any matter of prayer.

Praying in the Spirit will build you up.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 11:30 AM

@ Everyone:

Concerning this post,read the following Scriptures in their context,and you will have your answer.

2Cor 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

2Cor 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

2Cor 12:5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

2Co 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

2Cor 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

2Co r12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2Cor 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Abiding is the Working of Yeshua

Until a person knows that they are nothing,can do nothing,and has nothing, except Yeshua.

Then they will try,try,try and do,do,do, until it becomes DOO-DOO.

Agape' and Charis:

St.George

marikashome

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 01:01 PM

I encourage myself through books, music, studying the Bible...

I'm strengthened through study, prayer, and glimpses of God in everyday life.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2010 04:11 PM

I spend time with the Father

Read His word

praise and worship

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." - 2 Corinthians 3:17