Author Thread: Interracial Dating!
shi2010

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 08:39 PM

This is big!

God created us equal, however a lot of people object to mixing races.

What are your feelings on the subject?

Do you feel the right person could be anyone, or do you limit yourself in hopes that everything falls into place according to the way you planned it!

Thanks for posting!:angel:

Elisa

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 02:59 PM

Dating other races to me is not a big deal.

However, marrying someone from another race could be a big deal. The race is not the issue, culture and religious beliefs are.

If cultures are not compatible, this could lead to major problems.

Overcoming these issues is not impossible, but could require a lot of work from both people.

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 20 Dec, 2010 10:36 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's whats on the inside that counts.

And hair. She needs to have nice hair.

shi2010

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 06:51 PM

That was really weird of you to say!

The person should have nice everything, it's called taking care of yourself!

It's not a race thing!

You need to pray!:angel:

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 26 Dec, 2010 06:20 PM

Take care of what you got. And may God Bless it! ;p

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 30 Dec, 2010 06:18 AM

Shi2010, I think what rainbowian was trying to say is that no matter what her �race�, he would like for her to have nice hair. And yes, you are correct, it is all about taking care of one self.

The idea that there is such a thing a �race� is not even true. We all have the same ancestors: Adam and Eve.

Genesis 3:20 (NASB)

20 Now the man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living.

If you marry outside of your �race� then you have a real problem, because you are not marrying a human being.

But, there is a problem with marrying someone that comes from a different culture. When you do that, you have to remember that there will be misunderstandings that need to be worked through, not just with your spouse, but with the family as well. And the difficulty with children having problems in society, it really depends on where you live. There are still areas in this country where the children of so-called mixed races are not well accepted, but those areas are getting fewer and fewer.

For those who prefer to lean on �science�, look up �Mitochondrial Eve�. The study of the human genome has shown that we all have the same ancestral mother. Of course, to keep from having to admit that the Bible may actually be correct about our history, they point out that the evidence doesn�t eliminate the fact that there could have been multiple fathers.

shi2010

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 5 Jan, 2011 03:35 PM

Elisa

Any relationship can lead to major problems, But I feel if both people are educated enough about each other's culture to share and learn from one another it shouldn't be a problem. Being different can make things more interesting to me.

I like to date intelligent white men because I was adopted and raised by a white family which happens to make me more emotionally, and socially compatible with white men. I don't limit myself and I definitely don't judge, but I've found I have more in common, from my experience, when dating interracial.

With that said, I guess I'm culturally white and black!

The only thing I feel can deter a relationship are extreme religious differences.

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 6 Jan, 2011 08:17 PM

I certainly don't have a problem with interracial dating or marriage. But if you get married and have children, yes, sometimes the kids do suffer.

My dad was white and my mom was asian and it wasn't always easy growing up. There were always a few that would say or do hurtful things. This is what I experienced. But that was back quite a few years ago. Maybe now it's not quite as bad as it was back then.

The Lord did get me through it all and I always tried to stay happy and get along with everyone.:glow

mariavicenta

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 19 Feb, 2011 02:21 AM

Hmmm...i had never against with interracial dating...in fact, i am very open about it..Everyday is new, as we learn" this person" ....it's good to learn from each other...everyday so that life will not be dull...

However, what's more important is that inspite of the cultural diffrences.., love, respect, trust, honesty, and friendship with God must be shared to one another..without these things, relationship will really doesnt work..Even we had that relationship with our same race, if there is no friendship with God, love, trust, respect, honesty.....same thing, it doesnt work at all..

I had relationships before and things doesnt work, but i had learned the way it is..Life must be centered with God and friendship with HIm...Life is like that, whats more important, we tend to accept things the way it is, and do something better, hope for the better things...and never forget God..who loves us........

So, with or without someone....God is there with us..:dancingp:

shi2010

View Profile
History
Interracial Dating!
Posted : 21 Feb, 2011 06:12 AM

@flowers1951

People will always say or do hurtful things to others, race is just one subject.

I have a 2 year old son and he's half white. Whether I walk past a white, black, rich or poor person they always stop me in my tracks to tell me how gorgeous he is.

If its such a crime, why does god make mixed children some of the most beautiful people out there??

I don't think you being mixed was the problem!:angel:

Page : 1 2