Author Thread: Short answer replies
UNC2011

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 12:12 PM

So what do you do when you send a girl a message and all you get back is "Hey how are you doing?"This happened to me today, I don't really know how to reply to messages like this. I'd like for her to give me a little more to work with. I sent her something back telling her I'd like her to tell me a little more about herself (her profile doesn't have much in it to be honest so I didn't know what to say in an initial message) and she asked me what I wanted to know?

Should I keep working at it and see if I can bring more out of her or should I just move on to someone else? This just seems harder than it should be.

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 12:15 PM

My answer to her would have been====

Fine, and you? :ROFL:

chevy

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 12:28 PM

UNC2011

I was thinking about what I would say if some one asked me to tell them more about my self. That can be a hard question and I can see her reason the response. I know her profile didn't have much for you to go on but that's your best bet to start conversation. You could say I see your from ..... I have always wanted to visit there. What's a good place to eat there. Ask a few questions from what you see in her profile but add your own experiences and questions along. This way she can answer your questions and ask you some back.

Best wishes!

UNC2011

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 12:47 PM

Thanks, I'll try some of those ideas.

All I have to go on is she's pretty, doesn't drink, and she's a Baptist so that's why I sent her something initially.

Maybe I didn't give her enough to respond to though, thanks.

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 01:09 PM

Just say next time she ask "I'm doing wonderful in Christ" in your own words.That way,she knows you trust in God & have confidence in him.But do'nt take my words,say something else you know she'll like,do'nt hold back it.You never know until you've tried.

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 05:25 PM

My opinion is short answers tend to mean lack of interest.

MS1girl

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 06:51 PM

Chevy, funny, that's exactly what I do when I get a message that says nothing but "how are you?" :laugh:

Of course, those messages are usually from guys that I haven't emailed before. It seems odd to me that someone would respond to a decent first message that way. I would probably do just what you're doing - ask general questions to see if you can get her to open up - but if you're not getting anywhere after a try or two, move on.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 07:53 PM

Shortly after I joined this site in August 2009, I got a short message from a guy. We exchanged a few uninteresting emails over a period of several days. He kept saying "Now tell me some more about yourself." So, with some hesitation (primarily because he was not exactly forthcoming with info of his own), I did. I wrote a LONG email with a lot of carefully selected random facts about myself. He responded with an equally long email and lots of facts about himself. And so started a solid platonic friendship that is still going strong.

Moral of my story: if you think you are interested enough in the girl to get to know her, and she is hesitant to jump right in and share about herself, try doing that yourself. Just start telling her all about yourself, and see how she responds. You might quickly find out that you aren't interested...or that you are.

Hope this helps!

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 08:29 PM

This has happened to me lots of times -- guys doing that to me I mean. I will usually try to send someting back, then send them enough (without too much) including a question so they reply. 9 times out of 10 they don't. I don't get it, but I also don't dwell on it. I just say "Oh well! Thanks, God!" and go on. :laugh:

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 10:08 PM

How I see it is that you have nothing to lose. Talk to her: you gain experience in replying to such short replies, you gain a friend, and if things work out you gain a life partner. She could be just shy, or doesn't know how to go about this online dating either. You are the man so take the initiatives--women like to be persuaded :)

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 05:56 AM

I agree with you 123.Most of the time though,many girls in here do'nt make PMs (Private Messages) or appears to not reply to any of them either,but that does'nt mean that they are'nt interested in you as well,it's just they prefer the man to do the talking first than making it look like they want a man right away (of course i'm not talking about every girl on here,but some of them are like that on here) & also they are so busy,that they'll respond back to you in even a week or so.Just give it a week or two UNC.Good luck to you brother.:applause::glow:

Page : 1 2