Author Thread: Short answer replies
UNC2011

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 9 Jan, 2011 12:12 PM

So what do you do when you send a girl a message and all you get back is "Hey how are you doing?"This happened to me today, I don't really know how to reply to messages like this. I'd like for her to give me a little more to work with. I sent her something back telling her I'd like her to tell me a little more about herself (her profile doesn't have much in it to be honest so I didn't know what to say in an initial message) and she asked me what I wanted to know?

Should I keep working at it and see if I can bring more out of her or should I just move on to someone else? This just seems harder than it should be.

UNC2011

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 10:19 AM

Well I tried everything I could to get her to open up yesterday and she just wouldn't do it. I tried telling her about myself and asking her questions. Nothing seemed to work, all I get what short answers but she never opened up and started to talk freely.

I even asked her to share her story about how she came to to know the Lord and what type of church she goes to. All I got back was that she's saved and doesn't go to church. So I ask her why she doesn't to to church and she tells me it's because she can't find a good one.

I think I'm just going to move on to someone else, I don't know what else to say to her.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 11:09 AM

It sounds like you've done all the right things. Moving on might be your best option. Besides, I'd be wary of anyone who claimed to be a Christian, but doesn't go to church, and who evades your questions about her testimony. I don't think it's at all out of line to ask a girl to tell you about her walk with God, especially if you've already exchanged a few emails.

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 10 Jan, 2011 03:50 PM

In retrospect, it was probably a mistake to just ask her to tell you more about herself. More specific questions will likely get more specific answers. Try to make it fun though, because too many questions makes it feel like an interrogation, which nobody likes.

Really though, if a girl doesn't engage you after a couple emails, just stop messaging her. You can find someone more interesting somewhere else.

rainbowian

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 11 Jan, 2011 07:27 PM

I think it's fine. Better than no response.

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 05:14 PM

Yes if she's a Christian,then she SHOULD believe in going to church,I'll tell you this on that though-the church is THE PEOPLE,not A BUILDING! Sadly,not so many knows or even BELIEVE that.I thank you for your reply UNC,it made me realized that just because someone says they're a Christian,does'nt means they go to church,in fact i'll ask that to any girl that i'll like to know in the future.If i was you,i would stop talking to her,but that's your choice,not mine,just pray that God will reveal her heart to you & he'll show you in his time.

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 10:36 AM

Just be open and say short answers aren't helping in this conversation cuz maybe she's shy and don't know what to say back. But if she don't after that then I'd just move on. Communication is key.

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 07:03 AM

Good advice brother! I agree with that totally! It does'nt make any sense to message someone who wants to talk to you.But as i've said,sometimes they do'nt have THE TIME TO GET BACK!!!Take this fro a guy who learned that the hard way here in CDFF & i end up losing a friend.Her dreams is to be a children's book writer & i was impatient at the time.I know another girl on here,& she takes almost an entire month to respond back to my messages because she's a broadcaster,so i'm telling you,it's best to wait for you'll never know if that's the friend that God has for you to be with.:glow:

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 06:12 PM

Exactly!!!!

When someone says to me tell me about yourself I just clam up.

I feel if a guy is interested in me he will ask me questions based on my profile. And that is what is important to get to know someone:rolleyes:

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 22 Jan, 2011 10:53 PM

I've been on both sides of the fence on this, and here's my take.

Short response = no interest

No response = no interest

However, if I have taken the time to write a long, carefully worded and thought out email, It is rude not to reply, even if it is to say there is no interest. That has happened a couple of times but I just say oh well, I tried.

Same with if I get an email. If someone has taken the time to write extensively, I am sensitive to that and respect it, even if I don't have an interest. I will always reply to those in the same manner.

View Profile
History
Short answer replies
Posted : 30 Jan, 2011 07:21 PM

I wonder how it went with him now hmmmm...........

Page : 1 2