Author Thread: dating vs waiting
missbwise

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 5 Mar, 2011 06:49 AM

I have been waiting to be dating. Now that other things are out of the way, I am deciding how to proceed. There seems to be limited places to gather with people who don't go to bars, dance halls or pool parlors. How is it where you are?:angel:

paschen81

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 5 Mar, 2011 06:22 PM

pretty much the same here... it's one of the reason's I'm on here... that and the fact that there aren't any younger unmarried guys in my church. If they're my age... they're already married. The guy's who are still single are 10 years or more younger than me...Not that there is anything wrong with the younger guys... I just prefer to keep it legal and don't find that I really share any interests with them.

Elisa

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 5 Mar, 2011 07:05 PM

I live in a tiny town in the country. Limited would be a blessing. The few unmarried men are students' fathers and that is so not happening.

Dating occurs occasionally. However, due to the size of my town, it does not occur locally. I always travel a minimum of an hour from my home to another town. The gossip is just not worth it. So, the few just take place in other towns.

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 5 Mar, 2011 09:22 PM

No idea...never been on a date yet:( lol

Tulip89

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 6 Mar, 2011 11:53 AM

I meet a lot of women through college ministries, church, friends, class, etc., but I very rarely find a woman I click with. That explains why I'm on here hahaha

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 10 Mar, 2011 09:51 PM

Well at my church that I attend I am the only single person between the ages of 13 and somewhere over 45. Needless to say there isn't much fish in the sea at the moment here.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 05:21 PM

I waited to date. I stayed busy in college and grad school, and for the most part, I didn't mind that I never had a boyfriend or a date for the formal. I had straight A's instead. There would be time for dating after graduation.

But when I was completely ready to start dating...surprise, surprise! No one wanted to date me! I should have been able to figure that one out because no one had asked me out while I was still in school...why did I think it would be different once I had that degree? ((sigh)) :rolleyes: Oh well. So, here I am, still waiting to date. The only difference is that now I don't want to be waiting.

shim378

View Profile
History
dating vs waiting
Posted : 20 Mar, 2011 06:11 AM

I've had dating experiences in the past. It's not a bad idea as long as reason why you date with someone is to know him or her more without getting physically intimate which could lead to something unnecessary. Waiting on the other hand is simply having the assurance that one day God will bring the right person for you to share life with. If you have that vision of having a partner and a family one day, then just stay put and let God write your own love story. I know He's never late. A lot of people do not enjoy waiting- i know because I've been through it. But if you know that Jesus loves you and He desires His best for you, then no amount of worry can stand against you.

So, date wisely and wait joyfully. Mr. Right/Ms. Right is on the way:)