Author Thread: am i paranoid?
Samsonoxide

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 24 Apr, 2011 09:20 PM

ok so i've been hanging out with this girl, getting to know her more and enjoying eachother's company. we both know we like eachother, but we both don't know if we are compatable enough to start an actual relationship. is it me or is it rude for someone to text the entire time you hangout with someone else? especially when you are suppose to be getting to know eachother? I can understand here and there, but it's like constant. Even at late hours of the night when we are heading home....it makes me feel like there is someone else she would rather talk to, am i just paranoid?

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 24 Apr, 2011 09:45 PM

Nah, I don't think you're paranoid. It's one of my pet peeves too. Haha! You could mention it to her..see what she says. Maybe she'll be very understanding and it will resolve the problem! :) It could bring you closer together.

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 24 Apr, 2011 09:51 PM

Samson, I don't think you're paranoid. If it were me, I'd be feeling the same way. She's being rude ( in my opinion)! Maybe you should just come right out and tell her it makes you un-comfortable, and hopefully she'll stop doing it.

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 05:54 AM

If she is texting another guy while she is going out with you, then I would think that is a problem.

But, assuming that she is not, then yes she is being rude. Like others have mentioned, ask her not to text others when she is with you. She sort of sounds like the main character from the show Fairly Legal. She always has time for everyone except for the person that she is with. By the end of the series she basically ends up losing most of her friends.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 06:25 AM

A close guy friend of mine has a rule: no texting when he is on a date or spending time with a girl he likes. He puts his phone on "silent", puts it in his pocket, and spends the entire time focusing on the girl.

So, I don't know if you are being paranoid or not, but she is certainly being rude.

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 06:27 AM

She is being rude, BUT you should probably tell her gently the first time you bring it up. A guy I knew used to rail me for taking phone calls from my family before (This being once in awhile and not often)

It bothered me because of the controlling behavior and the jealousy he had. Those seem like red flags to me.

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 01:21 PM

maybe you should text too. She might be annoyed and get the point.:ROFL:

or you could reach over and kiss her and say, " is this better than texting?"

maybe this is why Ms. marvel thinks some guy was controlling he did not kiss her and ask is this better than texting. :ROFL:

Young people and getting them to blush. it is so funny.:nahnah:

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel, your attention should be on the guy not your phone.Please turn it off.:nahnah: :yay: :laugh:

Rachel------->:angeldevil:

Guy----------->:angel:

The word of Dennis is truth.

Samsonoxide

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 01:27 PM

thanks for the feedback. definently the confirmation i was looking for. it's nice to know i'm not the only one who feels this way.

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 02:38 PM

Shared ~ is it me or is it rude for someone to text the entire time you hangout with someone else? especially when you are suppose to be getting to know eachother?

*** Yes !!! It is Very Rude...Its not a Pet Peeve with Me...I Accept it as a Self Centered Act of the Other Person...We all have...[SIN]... Character Defects, ShortComings...I cant Judge that of Another but a Observation of it is all thats needed for me to Not want to Spend Time Investing in a Relationship that will go No Where Fast...the Golden Rule..."Do unto Others as Would Have Done Unto You"...Forgive and Move on...GOD has Someone that Will Want to Spend Time Getting to Know YOU instead of TXTing someone else...Trust in the Lord Jesus...God's Blessins on your journey...xo

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2011 05:11 PM

Dennis, why are you so naughty?

Also, I think that kissing thing will work wonders, try that.

I blushed just reading.

View Profile
History
am i paranoid?
Posted : 26 Apr, 2011 07:06 AM

It really was not me who wrote that.My cats got on my computer and took over the house while I was gone. I can not beieve they signed my name to that. I will have to council them. No more canned cat food for a week. Just dry food.

Page : 1 2