Author Thread
atlfan27

View Profile
A sad day in the pathetic life of Pat Robertson and the 700 Club
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 06:39 PM

Very good points Prov31_lady, keep on posting!

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 08:15 PM

We're suppose to love the sinner but hate the sin.

You're right, we should help them turn away but at a non-threatening matter.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 08:23 PM

Wait there is more!!!

Christ hanged out with a prostitute called Mary Magdalene

They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!"

John 8:7

I have a lot of gay friends at my university so what's wrong with hanging out with gays? isn't it obvious that Christ choose sinners instead of self-righteous to be his disciples? isn't it obvious that he ate with sinners?

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples.

Matthew 9:10

WAIT!!!!! THE BIGOTS ARE ATTACKING HIM.

When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

JESUS CHRIST SHOOTS AND HE SCORES!!!

On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Matthew 9:11-13

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 07:28 PM

Well for starters, go back to my earlier post and look for John 8.

Christ and prostitute? In the old testament they were suppose to stone people to death if they caught in acts of adultery but Christ came along and said yet who is without sin, cast the first stone. So he is def going against what the law of Moses said for numerous reasons.

Another example about the Seventh Day Sabbath.

"'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people.

Exodus 31:14

Then Jesus asked them, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" But they remained silent.

Mark 3:4

The point i'm trying to bring out to you that the way the Jewish leaders were worshiping was so perverse that Christ came along to bring to their attention that they weren't doing the way God intended in the first place. Christ also penetrated through their hearts and saw who they really are. Apparently legalism, conservatism does not fit in my category.

I don't condone Homosexuality, pre-marital sex, etc but I do love those kind of people regardless. I used to be Roman Catholic before the Seventh Day Adventist Church. One of the doctrines that i'm against is confession. Why on earth do we need to go to another sinful flesh and bones (who maybe a homosexual or a child molester) where....

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.

Hebrews 4:15

Apparently Christ is our one and only high priest who has lived a sin free life who can be our advocate. So sorry to say to all the close minded radicals out there. You may want to read the life of Christ and how he handled the sinners. ;-)

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 05:33 PM

Actually Reba is right. I used to be closed minded to, Guess what? I've changed.

Technically we must keep in mind that there a ton of young people are leaving the church because of extreme conservatism, especially in the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

Have you noticed that Jesus Christ was an open minded individual in contrast to the ruthless Jewish demeanor of the law. Personally he had a ton of liberal views. I can point out scripture.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 05:07 PM

A big amen for storm! Thanks for participating in this thread by giving your healthy insights, dude.

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 01:35 PM

Remember, during old testament times; they used to stone people to death because of their sinful acts.

Rock on Jesus Christ!

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 01:32 PM

Well considering Christ as our example has a better approach in reaching out to prostitutes, sinners, tax collectors, etc than Pat Robertson.

Kkeep in mind. There are a ton of people who hates Christianity because of our bigotry. I could imagine someone (for example) who is an atheist was interested in becoming a Christian. However, he could've easily ending up hating us more because of his bad comments. The Christian religion does needs serious reform, otherwise people will think of us as total jokes.

FYI...I used to be an atheist

atlfan27

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 11:34 AM

storm have you read the posted verses? Where are your biblical standpoint on your current post?

atlfan27

View Profile
Partying
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:28 AM

LOL. big mistake dude, people are a lot worse at a christian college than a public.

Go public schools!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8