Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
..is it ok to feel lonely? :)
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 05:44 PM

Hey - you're in good company! There's a lot of lonely people here, and the "cyber-fellowship" here is great.

Have you posted here before? I don't recall seeing you 'round here before.

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hello from Ohio
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 05:43 PM

Hey Tonika,

Welcome to the forums. You did the right thing coming here - this is where it's at! Make sure you jump into the discussions elsewhere here on the boards.

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Little white lies
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 05:22 AM

By the way goldenstarfish; ummm... are those COW PIES you're holding up in your profile photo? A cow pie chucking competition perhaps? haha!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Little white lies
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 05:20 AM

Lynne, you're very cool - and don't let anyone tell ya differently.

Goldenstarfish; very,very seldom is lying "appropriate." I can understand if they were one age when they wrote their profile, and they've had a birthday or two since then - but ten years? I agree with Lynne- that is flat-out lying; I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

I wonder if it was just a typo though? Slipped, and hit the number beside? And they're not very computer literate, or just didn't look? I know there was some things on my profile that I either struggled to answer, or mistakes I missed and changed, but that wasn't lying. That was trying to find a description; they only give you three options here for "drinking" for example. I so rarely drink, I might as well put "non drinker", but I do have one if the circumstances are right - maybe every one or two years? That's not even casual drinking...

Ah - I could clarify that in my profile I guess?

anyway - in this instance, a ten year error? that's not a gray area. My only concern is if it's just an error. How did you find out they were a different age than they said?

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Lynne - 19 year old guy needing prayer?
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 08:29 PM

Hey Lynne,

Have you spoken with this 19 year old guy you mentioned to us the other night? How is he doing?

Just like to know how to pray.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Why?????
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 08:25 PM

Ouch! Sadly, yes - you should get out of that one. Even if he got back together with you and never did it again, that nagging distrust would always be there; and frankly, I wouldn't blame you!

It's unfortunate, but it happens. I won't go into details because this is the internet and I'd be concerned where this wound up, but let's just say I went through a similar situation - and kept going back for more, and she kept doing it to me. We'd been friends (and still are), so it made it a little tougher - not quite the same as your situation.

Secondly, if he's a christian, then he shouldn't be shacking up with anybody. That speaks volumes about his walk with the Lord - and this is a guy you just plain don't want to be with.

We all also have our "down" days where singleness is a drag - but on the other hand, don't forget - being single has its benefits. Don't let events take away those joys from you, and enjoy'em.

I'm not going to try to fix things here, cause frankly I think you already know all the answers - you're just here more to vent.

Thanks for venting,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
well now
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 06:27 PM

Ditto what Lydia said Alex. While I dated a single mom of three kids once (only serious relationship I ever had), and I have a *vague* idea of what you're dealing with, I'm not going to try to give advice - I will pray that the Lord gives you advice.

He knows best.

In the meantime - hey, thanks for sharing and keep on sharing.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hello from Iowa
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 03:50 PM

Hey welcome eh!

Undoubtedly, lively discussion will be had!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hello From Kansas
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 03:19 PM

Hello Seuss,

Welcome to CDFF, and yes - jump into the discussions. It's a great fellowship here, it really is. It's a great way to know others and to be known, and if you live in the boondocks like I do, then that makes visiting here even better.

It's not Dorothy you gotta watch out for - it's her house!

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Think ya gotta scammer?
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 10:48 AM

Haha! That's awesome Lynne. Bwwwahahahahahaaa! More pahr!

Those crown vics were actually great cars - glad to hear you're doing well.

Ian

Page : 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38