Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
Think ya gotta scammer?
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 07:32 PM

Well looky what I found here:

http://www.romancescam.com

Yup - if you think you got a scammer on your hands, just head on over there. Peruse the "albums" and oh look! I think I even recognize some of those photos from a couple of places.

The annoying part is, I wouldn't doubt that some of those photos are from innocent people who really did post their pictures on some dating site somewhere and had the photo lifted.

.....maybe that's why I don't get responses to my emails!

Naw - I'm not a good lookin' guy, so I aint too worried about someone pilfering my photo. Haha!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Recently Unemployed
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 07:29 PM

Oh dear! Praying for you Sylvia!

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
The Lamp (A True Story)
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 06:31 PM

Thanks for sharing. I'm not american, but I sure pray for the troops over there - I have many friends over there and in Afghanistan, from multiple nations.

Several of those soldiers, when I mentioned to them I was praying, all instinctively said "Pray for the Iraqi people too!"

They're so right - we so need to pray for the Iraqi people too.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
There must be a miracle
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 06:24 PM

Hi Eva, and welcome.

I must admit, I have several alarm bells going off from what you've written. I wish you well in your search, but this is a Christian site, and as such, we are all focused on Christ.

For example, you said

"I preach about Jesus but my private life in Jesus Christ is going closer to God."

and

"Jesus is the one between God and man but as I am in my worldly life that I don't like to walk in groups or follow someone else than Jesus ...is it the same here that I have already passed by Jesus and am talking to God by myself."

Well, Christ warned us that

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

It's pretty simple: You *can't* talk to God by yourself. Yes, Jesus did say we would ask the Father ourselves, but not without Christ. You cannot get closer to God without Christ, because Christ is God's answer to *everything.*

And it is most definitely not the spirit of God that told you to leave your husband. Even if your husband was an unbeliever, the Apostle Paul gave strict instruction from the Holy Spirit:

"1 Corinthians 7:13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. "

And if your husband was a believer, then God would not instruct you to leave your husband:

"1 Corinthians 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. "

...and as such, you shouldn't be here on a Christian site, looking for a Christian man, while disobeying the Spirit that Christ gave us.

I don't say these things to condemn you, but to warn you. This is not the Spirit of God you're listening to.

How much of the scriptures have you read Eva? Please; search them yourself - I say this because I care.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
I've asked God for a mate - where is he/she?
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 06:02 PM

:-) Ya, there's a few times I wanted to repair my posts!

'sokay - we figered it out.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Am I too old to ever find love and start a family?
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 06:59 AM

Hey Angelgirl;

I went and took a look at your profile. It was actually really well written - I don't know that there was much more you could add, or anything to take away. You certainly had already dealt with the things that I look for - namely, you stated quite clearly where your spiritual walk was at.

Lynne had a good suggestion for me, and I'll repeat it here: You've got settings in my email settings to block smokers. I had this too (didn't realize at the time what it did) - this will block *everyone* who is a smoker from emailing you - including those who just want to fellowship and send you an encouraging word in private.

So Lynne suggested (and I'd suggest it too) putting a line in your profile like "I will not date anyone that smokes, but smokers are welcome to email me as friends only", and then turn off the mail filtering for smokers. I've found the fellowship here with other believers has been an unexpected blessing.

Also - you really should put a picture up. I know that's the tough part; I'm kind of well known in the US because I'm on international TV a lot and stuff, so I was hesitant to put my picture up - but I had to realize that "Hey, am I serious about this, or not?" Yes, I am - and what's wrong with saying publically "Hey, I'm available" ? In fact, this is precisely one of the things I was doing wrong.

So I'd encourage you to put a picture up - in fact, several.

Also - you're doing the right thing hopping into the discussions on the forums. This was an angle I hadn't thought of until a friend on here suggested it; not only to get to meet others and get to know others, others get to know you. And unexpected relationships get built out of that. You may find someone you thought you'd be interested in is actually quite different that what you thought they were - and you find out you'd never be able to stand living with this person. Or - others you didn't give a second look, turn out to be someone who turns your head when you see them posting.

you're doing a lot of right things - glad to see you here

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Prayers for marriage reconciliation....
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 05:28 AM

Will do man! The Lord be with you both.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
What to seek in a man and woman.
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 02:06 PM

Haha! Too funny. I agree - the dogs should get a good view too.

So we've moved on from Rorshach ink-blots to car analysis. Pffft - why try and read somebody's tea leaves?

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Am I too old to ever find love and start a family?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 02:03 PM

Hi Angelgirl;

First - you are still very young. I know plenty of people who got married in the late 30's and had children. I totally sympathize with your position - I'm 40, and looking back I'm feeling a little robbed sometimes. I know it's different for men then women, but there's still a lot of similarities between us, and this is one area.

I have quite a few regrets over the past - primarily when I had opportunities with a woman, and turned her down for whatever reason.

I will say this though: you repeatedly used the words shame and guilt. You certainly have nothing to be ashamed of, nor feeling guilty for. Nothing wrong with having an intense desire that never gets fulfilled; sometimes you just strike out in this fallen world. That shouldn't be a source of shame or guilt. Being single is not a bad thing.

Most of the time in the past, I just struck out! Not much I can do about that; chemistry between men and women is a strange and unpredictable thing sometimes.

I also very much wish that I had gotten married and had children much younger - but on the flip side of that coin, I don't think I would've made a very good husband and father! It's only been in the past 8 or 10 years that I've really come to understand what a good husband and father is.

You ever heard it said that youth is wasted on the young? You're much wiser now for age, and most likely you are now better prepared to be a wife and mother than you were ten years ago.

It is important to be content - very important. Nothing wrong with desiring something else, other than what you have, as long as it does not take away from what you do have. How many of those family people do you know say things like "Oh, I wish I were single like you!" There's advantages and disadvantages to each lifestyle - learn to enjoy the bed you've made. Later on, if you get married, there will be days when you weren't in the bed that you made. Such is life - learn contentment, otherwise, you won't be content with marriage when you do get it.

You've done the right thing - you've hopped on here, made your intentions known. This is something I had to do, as I botched that horribly in my life, and is one of the reasons I'm still single today. I unknowingly gave off the air that I was single, and I liked it that way, ladies need not apply - all the while, on the inside I was so wanting a bride in my life, and children. I'm still learning the ropes in all of this - and I'll let the others here speak who've gone places I haven't. I'm sure they'll have some wisdom to share.

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
What to seek in a man and woman.
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 01:40 PM

Whoa - I'm baffled. Car safety seats for the DOGS???

And everything you own fits in it?

Hmmm... without actually seeing it, I'd say:

-You're more concerned about what's on the inside than the outside, but that's not to say you don't care about appearance: the fact that you say it's dirty says to me that you don't necessarily like it that way - it's just a losing battle, being on a dirt road, you've got better things to do with your life than to try to impress people with appearances.

-you run a tight ship; no pack-ratting

-you're after efficiency and reliability

But what's the *inside* of the car like? huh? huh? Aside from the car safety seats for dogs - which you really gotta explain to me now :laugh: Like, do the dogs wear seatbelts and stuff when they're in the seats???

Too fun.

Ian

Page : 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41