Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
Romantic?
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 07:40 PM

Good reply Dave! Very thoughtful and insightful.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Prayer for a debate
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 07:38 PM

I appreciate it folks - all hell has broken loose over the past several days; today was the icing on the cake with a whole wack of slanderous emails, loaded with false accusations that I'm a "liar" and insulting emails (towards me and another gentleman) conveniently dropped into my inbox, and a whole wack of emails sent to other people and organizations railing on me. Great fun.

Apparently I'm doing something right! But I sure appreciate the prayers - this has been a further distraction from the job at hand.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
You are what you think
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 02:44 PM

Haha! :laugh:

ian777

View Profile
Prayer for a debate
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 01:56 PM

Greetings all,

I'll be debating an astrobiology professor later on this week on internet radio in a pre-recorded format, on creation & evolution.

Basically, we're each recording our arguments, send them in to the moderator (the show host), then we each get the other's arguments and have to respond. Should be fun, but it's been trying the past few days, as I attempt to get my recordings scripted and finished.

Would appreciate your prayers - lots of distractions. Although you guys have been some of those distractions, you've at least been good distractions. :rolleyes:

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
PRAYERS FOR SOMEONE VERY SPECIAL:))
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 01:53 PM

Thanks for letting us know. While I've been praying for her, I never actually posted saying as such. So do let her know that people are praying for her. That's rough.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
CDFF members???
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 01:51 PM

Well it's good to hear a success story Tristan, Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you still come around.

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Profile Deletion
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 01:49 PM

There is another aspect to this though, Phoenyx. Unfortunately, you can get people on here with other motives. In other words, a troll. Such people are not even remotely interested in the truth, they are simply trying to be argumentative. i.e., atheists can sign up under a bogus name, stating bogus intentions, with a bogus profile, simply to come on here and rail on people.

Sadly, there is no hope in instructing such people, because they are only here for one reason: To cause trouble.

I'm a very patient guy when it comes to accepting people where they are at. I've worked with the drug addicts, the friendless, the homeless, and the hopeless. I am, by nature, a real softy at heart - I hate hurting people.

But the Lord brought me through a time in my life where he brought two wonderful people into my life to harden me. They were unbelievably manipulative, and one of the things I learned was that manipulation is one of the most wicked, evil, destructive things a person can do. They destroy all their relationships, and they WILL destroy all of your relationships if you let them touch you.

Take a look at the words of Christ - some of the things he said the Pharisees; they were not nice - calling them vipers and such. He held out no hope for them - "How can ye escape the damnation of hell?" Yes, even Jesus Christ himself could not save some people.

The Lord hardened me - but it was a good thing; I likened it to hardening steel. It's hardening with a purpose. I still do not like to hurt people - in fact, if you like to hurt people, there's a problem. But if hurting someone with the truth accomplishes a goal, then hurt them I must. It just hurts me at the same time.

And even then, sometimes there is no hope - and all you can do is hurt them with the truth - if they respond, then well, if not, then the truth should be spoken anyway.

And sometimes, asking a person to leave is the only solution.

Just some random thoughts,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
CDFF members???
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 06:30 AM

Excellent testimony Linnie; I came here with different intentions too - intentions that I suspect will be fufilled, but I have to admit,I've been pleasantly surprised by the fellowship found here.

That was an aspect of these "dating" sites I didn't even know existed. It's been a real blessing, and it's been a blessing to get to know everyone here.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Wanted to say Hi...
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 06:24 AM

Hahaha! Too funny.

ian777

View Profile
Suggestion for the guys...
Posted : 31 May, 2009 08:00 PM

I did something really fun and flirty once (really the only time I could have, I've only ever had one serious relationship in my life). It dawned on me that here on an on-line christian dating site, it would be even more appropriate. It's mostly for the guys, but I'd recommend it for the ladies too.

Basically I made up a resume, complete with a cover letter, applying for the job of "boyfriend" to (insert ladies name here), along with REAL references (Pastors, friends, family - a former girlfriend if you're brave and the two of you called it quits amicably), and REAL life experience. For instance, I put down "Father to the fatherless" - the girl I was "applying to" was a single mom. Well there had been a number of boys from divorced/widowed situations where the dad wasn't around (or had passed away) and spent "boy time" with them - so that went down on the resume as one qualification for the job!

Make it funny, and encourage the lady to call the people referenced.

It's great fun, but I realized that when we're here on an online dating forum, there's an added risk of this person you're meeting is not who they say they are. And of course, posts entitled "why all the lies" are an inspiration to take extra steps like this. It's fun, funny, and gets the point across that you're up front and really are what you're cracked up to be.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Ian

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42