Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
Prayer for a debate
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 09:36 AM

Thank you everyone; it's gone well - but still painfully slow. Things I thought would be a cinch are taking way more time than I thought, but chugging along anyway....

Ian

ian777

View Profile
What to seek in a man and woman.
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 09:33 AM

That could be taken a lot of different ways! haha! Thanks though Lydia. You know what though, this got me to thinking. I mean, first, I was kinda surprised to read that: "What? Women judge a man by his car?"

But then again, I thought about it, and I too am curious about the kind of car a woman drives, how she keeps it, etc... and ya - I guess it does speak something about you.

It's just that in my case (except for the neatness part) it's all just a practical thing to me. ... although maybe that speaks more than I'm afraid to admit???

I suddenly feel like my life is a giant Rorshach ink-blot test!

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hot and Cold
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 09:26 AM

Forgive my ignorance: What is "Hot and cold?"

Ian

ian777

View Profile
"Pulling the plug" Update
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 06:42 AM

Again - WOW. Thanks for the update. That's gotta be rough to go through. My Dad was horribly sick for a year and a half before he passed away. Fortunately, he made the decision for us, and notified the doctors that he did not want to be resuscitated; He was saved, bought and paid for, so he knew where he was going.

Glad to hear your mom's doing so well.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Wanted to say Hi...
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 07:44 PM

Hi Kari,

I just came back and looked at how the forum placed the posts; we weren't at you; we were at jjar's comment.

Welcome to CDFF, and welcome to the forums - hope you post lots here.

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
What to seek in a man and woman.
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 07:01 PM

Thanks for posting - I really liked it.

However, this part just cracks me up:

"1. Has a car.

The kind of car he has tells what kind of image he wants to project. Does he value speed or comfort? That can say a lot about what kind of relationship he wants."

I have a mini-van, I LIVE in it half the year as I travel around North America with my traveling museum. Because the entire back is full, top-to-bottom, front-to-back, in order to sleep I have to remove stuff from the passenger seat and place it on the dashboard, then I can lay down across the two front seats.... sort of.

I usually sleep at truck stops like this, often driving for days at a time.

So what does a woman "read" from all of this? haha! Ladies???

Ian

ian777

View Profile
a little sermon on faith in tryin times..
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 04:37 PM

Ya, it's kind of tough when you're the one in the prison, wondering what's going on eh?

Thanks for sharing,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Justus trying to get here early.
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 04:36 PM

Still praying - please do keep us posted.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
I am an idiot.
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 04:10 PM

AWESOME! I was just praying for the Lord to provide a car for you. Thanks for keeping us updated; you've just about got me in tears here.

May the Lord continue to keep you and protect you.

Ian

p.s. - good wisdom with separate motel rooms, and good of you to say it; there's a lot of younger people on this forum who need to see an example like that.

ian777

View Profile
I am an idiot.
Posted : 2 Jun, 2009 02:43 PM

WOW. Thank you for sharing - I'm sure we're all praying for this young man, and for your car situation. I'd say you were the woman for the job at hand - please keep us posted.

A single mom, running a business, getting sidetracked for two hours - you continue to amaze us. God bless you.

Ian

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42