Author Thread
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
What Jesus would advice in this situation?
Posted : 15 May, 2016 07:45 AM

"My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment." James 3:1

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
What Jesus would advice in this situation?
Posted : 15 May, 2016 07:40 AM

Mistaken belief is not a basis for disregarding the truth of God's word. The woman's husband was alive the whole time. The attempt to marry another man was an illegal marriage and should be set aside.

As they say in the law, tough cases make bad law. You want to be sympathetic, but you cannot alter what is right simply because you feel sorry for people, when the remedy is sinful. It robs the justice of God when you do.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Does a separated not yet annuled (since divorce is not allowed in Philippines) can be considered as single parent?
Posted : 13 May, 2016 10:21 AM

You are what God says you are, not what the world says you are.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11. His wife, even after a divorce. If you marry another, God says this: �Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced from her husband commits adultery." Luke 16:18 Nothing you read anywhere else in the bible contradicts this, in spite of what you may have been told or lead to believe. The unclear verses where you think they say something that contradicts, are just that, unclear, and misunderstood. The ONLY exception is for the Joseph and Mary situation, where the marriage has not been consummated, as Jesus described in Matthew 19. Joseph could have divorced Mary because they had not consummated the marriage. Once consummated, it is until death you do part. This is abundantly clear in the Greek language, but English translations abuse the Greek and mislead people. The Matthew 5 exception is about what the husband causes, that is to say, whether or not he is at fault; not what happens or is allowed.

You committed before Almighty God to marriage until death you do part. That is when you are free to marry.

"My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment." James 3:1 Disregard any advice you receive that contradicts scripture.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Single parent? Widowed parent? Or divorced parent?
Posted : 13 May, 2016 09:51 AM

There is a great deal of mislabeling in our culture, and I see so many misidentified as to their status.

God says be in the world, not of the world; a citizen of heaven. He expects us to call things by the titles he gives them.

Satan wants the lines blurred, and the distinctions God has ordered set aside, so it is easier to get people to sin. He entices people who are divorced to self describe as single. That is one of his lies to the divorced. He does this to entice the divorced to ruin all possibility of reconciliation; when healing, forgiveness, and reconciliation is God's will for our lives.

I saw someone I had not seen in over a year a couple of weeks ago, and said hi, and asked her how her husband was. She barked back at me, "EX-husband!" I was completely surprised and shocked at the tone of her reaction. She had divorced her husband, and God describes the situation in this way: "Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to HER HUSBAND. And a husband is not to divorce his wife."

God gets to choose how to describe the husband she put away, and God decided to still identify the man as "her husband". I'm in no position to question Almighty God about how He chooses to label the husband who is put away by his wife. Her issue is with God, not me. She, by her tone is indicating that either 1) she is unaware of God's position on this matter, or 2) she is deliberately defying God's call on the matter.

So can we dispense with the attitude towards those who speak the truth, and call things by the same terms that God uses to describe them?

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
What is the most important thing for us to do today?
Posted : 12 May, 2016 06:58 PM

The Meaning Of Life: "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. " - Jesus Christ John 17:3

Our Greatest Purpose In Life: The greatest duty, and the greatest honor of man is to love the Lord our God. So said Jesus. Our purpose in life is to love God. More important than merely glorifying God, we get to love Him. God gets glory from rocks and the unsaved, but no love; so this is a great privilege.

Mark 12:30a "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength ..." See also Matthew 22:37, Luke 10:27 In the Greek this command includes the idea of "with all of your will" as well. Everything that we are, all day, every day.

The most important thing for us to do today is to know God better, and love God more.

"Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious." 1 Peter 2:1-3.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
im lost
Posted : 5 May, 2016 08:18 PM

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Fighting demons for so long.... need.... rest.....
Posted : 2 May, 2016 11:15 PM

James 4:7

and when you have done that

and after that

Trying to wage battle in the flesh is, to put it mildly, counterproductive. Until you submit to God, all efforts are wasted. Once you submit to God, you have all the strength you need.

Come unto me, and I will give you rest. - Jesus Christ. Almighty God in the flesh. Matthew 11:28

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
What day of creation did God make Holy?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2016 08:11 AM

"Who, BEING IN THE FORM OF God, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL WITH God:

But made himself of no reputation, and TOOK UPON HIM the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself"

BEING - G5225 hyparcho, to exist -

While NEVER CEASING TO EXIST IN THE FORM OF God He CLOTHED HIMSELF WITH THE FORM OF A SERVANT, AND WAS MADE INTO THE LIKENESS OF A MAN.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 24 Apr, 2016 09:38 AM

Lord God Almighty

Lord Jesus Christ

How many Lords are there?

Ephesians 4:5

Phillipians 2:11

What is His name?

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 23 Apr, 2016 02:37 PM

God calls Jesus Christ God. You will bend your knee to Him as God, who is equal to God, who never ceased to exist as God, who is Almighty God, who is the First and the Last, who alone is worthy to be worshiped, who took on flesh, and God paid for the sin of all mankind with His own blood, as it says in Acts 20:28

The Lord rebuke. You do not worship the God of heaven, but a false god who is limited in its existence to your god is limited like a human mind. God dwarfs your false ideas Him.

Shema Yisrael, Adonai Eloheinu (GOD in the PLURAL form - PLURAL in Hebrew is three (3) or more), Adonai Echad (ONE)

Page : 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19