Author Thread
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
What was the error of Eve?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2016 08:15 AM

This isn't some trivial pursuit. There is a critical lesson to understand. Eve made a very grievous error, and it's essential to understand what happened.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 13 Jul, 2016 07:19 PM

"The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads. The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which skirts the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there. The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which goes around the whole land of Cush. The name of the third river is Hiddekel; it is the one which goes toward the east of Assyria. The fourth river is the Euphrates.

Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, �Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.�" Genesis 2:8-17

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 12 Jul, 2016 03:34 AM

Perhaps that is true, but that is not what is revealed in text. There is a specific error made plain by the text, if you read for detail.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 11 Jul, 2016 01:13 PM

Why did Eve get it wrong?

"Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, �Has God indeed said, �You shall not eat of every tree of the garden�?� And the woman said to the serpent, �We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, �You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.��" Genesis 3:1-3

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Why God's plan for the divorced doesn't work ...
Posted : 24 Jun, 2016 06:03 AM

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission." - the evil one

If you think it's so easy to get forgiveness, try going to the cross and paying for the sin of the whole world. Jesus was sweating blood in the garden of Gethsemane, knowing the horrors He was about to face.

"God changed from the Old Testament to the New Testament" - the evil one

"For I am the Lord, I do not change" Malachi 3:6

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:7

"It's okay to divorce and marry another person" - the evil one

"Do not divorce" - God 1 Corinthians 7:10-11

"Stay unmarried or reconcile with your spouse" - God 1 Corinthians 7:11

"Woe unto those who call evil good, and good evil" - God

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.� - God's rebuke of Saul who "rejected" God's word, and like Frank Sinatra would say, "did it his way" instead of obeying the word of God.

"Go and sin no more" - the last recorded words of Jesus Christ to the woman caught in adultery. John 8:11

"Be holy, for I am holy" - God

Any time you find yourself rationalizing sin in advance of committing a particular sin, you've already sinned, because you have called God a liar, and rejected His word.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Pastor Alistair Begg's
Posted : 20 Jun, 2016 10:06 PM

Principle and Pattern of Submission

https://www.truthforlife.org/broadcasts/2016/06/20/principle-and-pattern-of-submission-part-1-of-3/

Pastor Begg examines the biblical mission of the church to the current thoughts about the mission of the church. This is a very powerful message.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Some of the references to the priceless blood of the Lamb of God.
Posted : 17 Jun, 2016 11:47 AM

Feel free to add more verses or lines in song about the blood.

This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

Then Jesus said to them, �Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.

Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.

Take heed to yourselves & all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

All sin & fall short of God's glory, being justified freely by His grace thru the redemption in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness,

God demonstrated His own love for us, that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Being justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath thru Him.

The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

The Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, �Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.� In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, �This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.�

Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord�s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many are dead. For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will

Now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace.

He delivered us from the power of darkness, conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption thru His blood, forgiveness of sins.

It pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

The blood of Christ, who thru the eternal Spirit offered Himself w/out spot to God, shall cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses� law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

How much worse punishment will she be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which she was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, �Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,�says the Lord. And again, �The Lord will judge His people.� It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

�My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.�

Jesus, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. Therefore let us go forth to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach.

You weren't redeemed w/corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but w/ the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

�You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.�

�These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, �Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.�

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Sing it with me!

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
How Do You Determine
Posted : 17 Jun, 2016 07:22 AM

Romans 12:3, 1 Samuel 15:23, Luke 10:16

"But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned." Titus 3:9-11

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
How Do You Determine
Posted : 17 Jun, 2016 06:49 AM

The direct command of Jesus Christ, Almighty God in the flesh, is NOT a red herring. It is a command for you to cease using others as your standard or by which you will determine if YOU will obey God. That is not acceptable. YOU have a command for YOU to follow and you have openly defied God's command to stop looking at others for how you will respond to His command. The Lord rebuke you.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
How Do You Determine
Posted : 17 Jun, 2016 03:56 AM

"Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith." If your obedience is dependent upon my actions, then you have made me your god. I want no such thing. Obey the commands of God, and stop looking to me for how you should conduct your life. Look unto Jesus, and follow accordingly. I will not be your excuse for your sin. There is no, "aha" moment for you to obtain in this matter.

"... seeing him, said to Jesus, �But Lord, what about this man?� Jesus said to him, �... what is that to you? You follow Me.�"

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15