Author Thread
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Are you lost and without direction for your life? Let's be F.A.I.R.
Posted : 28 Nov, 2016 09:22 PM

If Christ had been forced to pay for sin, (see the context of my original post) it would have been unfair/unjust, as He had no guilt, nor responsibility to pay as a man. However, He elected to make the payment of His own free will. That was entirely just. There is no contradiction in those two things. Jesus said it wasn't the Romans or the Jews, or anyone else that sent Him to the cross. "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again." John 10:18

You are ignoring hundreds if not thousands of statements in scripture about God treating people unequally. There is no injustice in that. It is entirely fair, and just, and without any injustice of a man to pay for his own wrongs. Our sin is a moral wrong, and what is just, what the law requires, and what we have fairly earned for our sin, is death. "The wages of sin is death." That is what is fair viz a viz our sin. Romans 6:23 What is fair is for us to pay for our own sin. What is so difficult to understand that it is fair for someone to pay for their own sin? Do you actually think that it is somehow unfair to require someone to pay for their own sin when Almighty God has said that is what they have earned (their wages) for their sin?

You attempted to paint fair and just as competing thoughts when they are synonyms. You don't get to pigeonhole fair, and confine its definition to that which is less that what is commonly accepted.

You said: "How is it demonic to want to be treated fair?"

When Peter tried to assert that Jesus was being unfair in His treatment of him, it was totally demonic, and Jesus rebuked him to his face. John 21. Peter, like you, tried to impose his own idea of fairness upon God. God put him in his place instantly. If you can't see that your idea of injustice is at odds with the actions of God, as clearly portrayed by Christ's exchange with Peter at the seaside after His resurrection, then I leave you to learn the lesson the hard way. God will instruct you personally. He has given you strict commands about justice, including, but not limited to, leaving off with desire for vengeance, which He says is His sole domain. He orders us, commands us, to focus on our own shortcomings, our own deficiencies first, and for the leadership of the church to take on particular sins within the body through church discipline. He submitted Himself to the authority of the government established by God, and did not involve Himself in their daily business. He told us rather, get our hearts right, that the witness we bring will shine so bright that evil will be repelled. Not by our marches, but by our holy and humble conduct before men. That's how Jesus handled government and injustice. He told the people to do right in their hearts and in their lives. And herein is one of the biggest sources of trouble man experiences in his life:

"When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed�Better not to vow than to vow and not pay. Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin, nor say before the messenger of God that it was an error. Why should God be angry at your excuse and destroy the work of your hands? For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But you fear God." Ecclesiastes 5:4-6

People wonder why they constantly have trouble in their lives and constantly want to find someone else to blame. However: "As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come." Proverbs 26:2 People under a curse constantly cry about unfair treatment. They should be on their knees, instead of making speeches about the unfairness of life. They aren't in hell, which is nothing but their just due, their wages, what they've earned, what is fair. Clay, meet the Potter. He will crush you and start over as many times as He deems necessary to keep your attention. Does that seem unloving? It's the same Jesus who is going to "rule with a rod of iron", and crush His opposition. You see it in Psalm 2 and Revelation 19. He is also the God who promises me, that He is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger, and of great mercy, that His tender mercies are over all of His works. Thanks God He doesn't treat me fairly, and give me what I have earned for my sin. I feel sorry for those who feel entitled to fair. They have hard lessons coming.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Is it okay for a Christian woman to be sexually dominant?
Posted : 28 Nov, 2016 01:03 PM

Speak to your pastor about the matter. It's not appropriate for discussion here.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 28 Nov, 2016 11:59 AM

You can see a fuller explanation of the dichotomy of fair and unfair with regard to Christ and His death under the thread:

"Video about ' Lets be fair '"

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 28 Nov, 2016 11:51 AM

Fair - free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice

Fair implies the treating of all sides alike, justly and equitably

adjective free from discrimination, dishonesty, etc; just

Synonym of just: fair

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 28 Nov, 2016 11:20 AM

"It was an injustice to Jesus that his fellow man chose a criminal over him to be saved from the cross. No one is denying that fact."

I am absolutely rejecting that lie. It seemed to be an injustice, unfair, to the man, who was blind. But it was just, because he believed in the Son of God for the forgiveness of his sin. Jesus being God, every act He committed was, is, and will be just in every situation. That was the standard God set for redemption. The man refused to humble his self and mocked God and his unbelief doesn't make the acts of God unjust. The man held to a false standard, that his acceptance was based upon what happened to others. Jesus never lead a march on city hall. He led the march on sin the in the heart. Follow Jesus, not man.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 28 Nov, 2016 11:05 AM

The problem with your argument is that you are comparing yourself to man, when we are to compare ourselves to God and His holy standards. We are to concern ourselves with our own assignments, and not compare ourselves to what God is doing with others.

Jesus immediately rebuked Peter at the sea when Peter tried to insinuate that what God was commanding him was subject to Peter's review of how God was dealing with another. Peter was in essence, complaining about being treated unfairly. Jesus would have none of it. God doesn't answer to us. We answer to Him.

"After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and in this way He showed Himself: Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together. Simon Peter said to them, �I am going fishing.� They said to him, �We are going with you also.� They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing. But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.

Then Jesus said to them, �Children, have you any food?� They answered Him, �No.� And He said to them, �Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.� So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish. Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, �It is the Lord!� Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea. But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish. Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, �Bring some of the fish which you have just caught.�

Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken. Jesus said to them, �Come and eat breakfast.� Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, �Who are You?��knowing that it was the Lord. Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish. This is now the third time Jesus showed Himself to His disciples after He was raised from the dead.

So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, �Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?� He said to Him, �Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.� He said to him, �Feed My lambs.� He said to him again a second time, �Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?� He said to Him, �Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.� He said to him, �Tend My sheep.� He said to him the third time, �Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?� Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, �Do you love Me?� And he said to Him, �Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.� Jesus said to him, �Feed My sheep. Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.� This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, �Follow Me.�

Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, �Lord, who is the one who betrays You?� PETER, seeing him, said to Jesus, �But Lord, What About This Man?� JESUS said to him, �If I will that he remain till I come, WHAT IS THAT TO YOU? You follow Me.�

Jesus told Peter to get his eyes off of others, and what God had for them, and get them on Him.

The false cultural narrative that everyone is entitled to fair and equal treatment is demonic and destructive. Job was not "treated fairly" based on comparison to other men. He lived uprightly yet he was singled out for special adversity. Joseph was singled out for destruction by his brothers. Yet these things were ordained by God to refine these men and to provide salvation to His people.

You said: "When people say they want to be treated fair, they mean they want to be treated the same for the same amount of effort/work. Most of the time when people complain about the fairness in their life or lack there of, they are referring to benefits that should be given to all employees, but have only been given to few because of favoritism, nepotism, or anything else that causes people to show favor to only a group of people."

How can you even begin to suggest that this line of thinking has any merit before man or God in light of Jesus' crystal clear teaching in Matthew 201-16?

"�For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. Now when he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, and said to them, �You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.� So they went. Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing idle, and said to them, �Why have you been standing here idle all day?� They said to him, �Because no one hired us.� He said to them, �You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right you will receive.�

�So when evening had come, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, �Call the laborers and give them their wages, beginning with the last to the first.� And when those came who were hired about the eleventh hour, they each received a denarius. But when the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise received each a denarius. And when they had received it, they complained against the landowner, saying, �These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.� But he answered one of them and said, �Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?� So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.�"

Jesus absolutely crushed any notion that He would approve of your thinking. These people complained not just to the owner of the vineyard, but to God, for the owner was His servant, and they were rebuked for it. The owner of the vineyard paid them a different hourly rate for the same work. To put is another way, the early workers had to do many times as much work for the same wage. God gives to each as He sees fit. He gives to one, and takes away from another. This seems unjust to man, but that is because man is blind to truth. Any person who holds to this false doctrine is rejecting God's authority to distribute "unequally", and His holy word.

"Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." God's sovereign hand is at work daily to give to one and take from another. Who are we to question His unequal treatment of any individual or group? You cannot separate the fact that His benevolent treatment with regard to hell is intertwined in the daily unequal lives of men. It is core to our existence. Get your eyes off of man, and take from the hand of God with thanksgiving.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
In answer to Sheiah's post on racism/being equal.
Posted : 27 Nov, 2016 02:01 AM

Please make sure you understand what is being said, before commenting.

The claim that all are created equal in the sight of Almighty God, by Almighty, is false.

Belief that all are created equal "has fostered an independent spirit which opposes the spirit of unity in the body of Christ."

This is the foundational doctrine which supported the creation of the Declaration of Independence. It asserted wrongly that governments are made by man to serve man.

"to secure these rights, governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

God says He established governments to accomplish His will.

"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God�s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God�s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience� sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God�s ministers attending continually to this very thing. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor."

Governments are not established nor destroyed by men, but by word and hand of Almighty God. God established the government of the Babylonians, the Assyrians, and the third Reich. He did it to punish the wickedness of man. He does it to break the arrogant and proud hearts of people full of sin and rebellion, to purge them of their haughty tongues and to break their pride. And when those evil empires bring their wickedness against the people of God, God then breaks them after He is done using them to discipline His people. Is this not the very message of Joel? Lord, the cruel nation comes and lays waste to us, and God answers, I will destroy them for harming the apple of My eye.

These framers of the Declaration Of Independence penned a lie that man was in charge of government, as it was man's creation. It is not. They also penned the lie of equality. We are not.

Nor sir. Man is not created equal, nor is government a product of the consent of the people. These lies have given rise to the pervasive unholy spirit of independence, which is choking the very fiber of this country. Every man goes his own way. There is very little community in the churches. There is next to no accountability to the body. There is a rebellious spirit which says I do not need to submit to the elders of the church nor be accountable for my time and resources. I can just have a good old time, because I'm a self made man.

Wrong.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
How to find out if a Christian girl is sexually dominant?
Posted : 25 Nov, 2016 06:09 PM

You - "I'm looking for a Domme. How can I find out if a girl is sexually dominant without making a fool of myself?"

God - "Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few. For a dream comes through much activity, And a fool�s voice is known by his many words." Ecclesiastes 5

1. The Lord has identified a fool, in this passage and many others. I leave it to you to determine if the shoe fits.

2. The only woman you should have this conversation with is your wife, and

3. never a girl. In the U.S. we put adults in prison for having sex with girls. Girls are off limits to adults.

4. No, you're not funny or clever.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
What happens when we do not keep the vows we make before God in His holy house?
Posted : 24 Nov, 2016 09:37 PM

"Walk prudently when you go to the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil. Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few. For a dream comes through much activity, And a fool�s voice is known by his many words. When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed�Better not to vow than to vow and not pay. Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin, nor say before the messenger of God that it was an error. Why should God be angry at your excuse and destroy the work of your hands? For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But you fear God." - Exodus 5:1-7

�God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" - Numbers 23:19

"The Lord reigns; Let the peoples tremble! He dwells between the cherubim; Let the earth be moved!" - Psalm 99:1

"Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth." - Psalm 96:9

"My flesh trembles for fear of You, And I am afraid of Your judgments." - Psalm 119:120

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles� feet. But Peter said, �Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.� Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him. Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. And Peter answered her, �Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?� She said, �Yes, for so much.� Then Peter said to her, �How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.� Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying her out, buried her by her husband. So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things." Acts 5:1-11

"Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God�s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God�s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience� sake." - Romans 13:3-5

Do we fear God as we should? He says He Himself will put His hand against the work of our hands, if we come into His house, and make a vow to Him, and we do not honor it. But, but but but, this is New Testament, not given us the spirit of fear. Acts 5 is in the New Testament, and God caused fear to come upon His church because they were not taking Him, nor His commandments seriously. Are we taking our vows seriously yet?

Is God just going to wink and nod, and not put His hand against the work of our hands, seeing we've failed to keep our word to Him? Have we wondered why we have repeated financial setbacks? Are our efforts to be successful constantly thwarted?

Did we say we would be in church every time the church doors open, and show up for Christmas and Easter? Did we commit to helping the poor, and spend it on the football game? Did we give Him our solemn vow to be faithful unto death, and leave before death, not realizing the oath was made to Almighty God, and not just to another person, and that the obligation still remains? Did we promise to go on a mission trip and never follow through? Did we vow to read through the whole bible this year, and abandon the effort after two weeks? What was that last thing we promised God we would do in church?

No, we won't get a pass if we made a vow which wasn't made in the church building, but there is a sacred space that we need to treat with greater reverence when we gather in God's house. We need to purge our hearts and our minds and our souls and our wills of this irreverent independent spirit which is in opposition to unity in the body of Christ, and we need to keep our sacred vows made before Almighty God in His holy house of worship. He will set His hand against us for our failure to fulfill our vows to Him, and we should not despise the discipline of the Lord. It is good for us, and for those around us, that we humbly accept His correction and instruction. This is where His blessing is found.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Single parent? Widowed parent? Or divorced parent?
Posted : 24 Nov, 2016 08:43 PM

Over 6 months, and not one "Yes", not one "Amen"?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10