Author Thread
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
John 1:1 and the rules of Greek Grammar.
Posted : 30 Oct, 2016 10:58 AM

You said, "You 2 guys, with all of the Scriptures copied and pasted. both of you seem to eisegesis instead of exegesis."

If I copied anything in my original post, it would have been John 1:1, and nothing else. I doubt I copied and pasted that, as I know it too well to waste time looking it up, and blocking, switching pages again, and copying it back to this page. That would have taken much longer than simply typing it out, as I did the rest of the post. This I did, letter by letter, word by word, sentence by sentence. I had to hand type the Greek letters without the accents to make it readable. The rules on grammar are from my literal physical text book, and I have no means to make my book appear on print with the limitations of this website. No, no block and copy in my o.p. Not sure why it would make a difference as the truth of the matter would still be the same.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Are you lost and without direction for your life? Let's be F.A.I.R.
Posted : 30 Oct, 2016 08:22 AM

The Meaning Of Life: "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. " - Jesus Christ John 17:3 To know God personally.

Our Greatest Purpose In Life: The greatest duty, and the greatest honor of man is to love the Lord our God. So said Jesus. Our purpose in life is to love God. More important than merely glorifying God, we get to love Him. God gets glory from rocks and the unsaved, but no love; so this is a great privilege.

Mark 12:30a "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength ..." See also Matthew 22:37, Luke 10:27 In the Greek this command includes the idea of "with all of your will" as well. Everything that we are, all day, every day.

And remember that we all need to understand that we have value. This value we have is set by God, in the same way one determines the value of a piece of art. It is not the inherent value of the component parts, nor it is based upon performance. The Mona Lisa sits on a wall doing nothing all day, and she doesn't even smile. The value is determined by what the buyer is willing to pay. For us, that value is the immeasurable value of God's payment for us. God bought us with priceless blood and life of Jesus Christ on the cross. When we have a good day, we do not add to our value; and when we have a bad day, our value is not diminished. When God calls us out on particular sin, He is not saying we are worthless. He is saying we need to be holy, as He is holy. We are not less valuable because of any particular sin. When God paid the price for us, He paid the same for Christians as well as non-believers, and sinner or saint, we all have that immeasurable worth. When the enemy is attacking you, and claiming you are worthless, always remember the blood and the life is your purchase price, and do not believe for a second you are worthless.

Do you feel cheated in life? Do you feel you are not being treated fairly? Raise your hand if you want to be treated fairly. Hold them up, nobody is looking. Are you "sure" you want fair? Sure you're sure? Really? Let's test that. Which of you thinks that if their next door neighbor kills someone, that you should pay for the crime, instead of your neighbor? No hands this time? Well, that's no surprise. Which of your thinks that if you commit a murder you should pay for it yourself? Okay, every last hand should be up at this point. I said murder, not justifiable homicide. The one who commits the murder is the one who should pay for it. Right? Right! That's what's fair. You commit the crime, you do the time. Someone else doesn't do it for you. So tell me again, which of you wants to be treated fairly? So, are you ready to be treated fairly? Right now? Okay, I see those hands! So you're ready to go to hell and pay for your own sin, RIGHT?! Because "the Wages of sin is death", not confession. Eternal separation from God and torment that never ends. That is what you have earned, your wages, what is fair. It wasn't fair for Jesus to pay for your sin on the cross. It wasn't fair that He should shed His blood and lay down His life when you are the one who did the wrong.

Wooohooo! "Give me fair! I demand fair! You're not treating me fairly!" This is the whine of the ingrate, who has the arrogance to claim they are not being treated fairly. When you woke up today, you were not in hell, getting what is fair. That alone should cause you to drop to your knees and thank God He doesn't treat us fairly. You don't want fair, because the real fair is spent in the real hell, with its real unthinkable horrors and torment, with total awareness of the sin that put you there, and the unending regret for having been so arrogant as to reject Christ.

Jesus didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't fair for Him to pay for our sin. Fair would be us paying for our own sin, and no person in their right mind wants fair. So stop complaining about being treated unfairly, and start thanking God for sparing you fair. Don't look at others and say what about him? "Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, �But Lord, what about this man?� Jesus said to him, �If I will that he (x,y,z), what is that to you? You follow Me.� John 21:21-22

F.A.I.R.

F. - First know the Father and the Son. John 17:3

A. - After you know God, love God with everything you are. Mark 12:30a

I. - I am not worthless. I have the priceless value of the blood and life of Christ given for me.

R. - Remember you really don't want fair.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Salvation is not for all men/women, it is only for the Chosen.
Posted : 30 Oct, 2016 07:49 AM

"You do err, knowing neither the scriptures nor the power of God" - Jesus Christ Matthew 22:29

You said, "This goes hand-in-hand with John 6:44-45, and the demonic doctrine of evangelism."

"And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some Evangelists, and some pastors and Teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ," Ephesians 4:11-12

"On the next day we who were Paul�s companions departed and came to Caesarea, and entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him." Acts 21:8

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, Rebuke, Exhort, with all longsuffering and Teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, Do The Work of an Evangelist, fulfill your ministry." 2 Timothy 4:1-5

Is not the work of an evangelist, evangelism? Is not the work of a teacher, to teach?

You said, "Men think that it is them who is to persuade a man to "accept Christ", and teach that a man may come unto Y'shua and ask to be saved, but this is not scriptural."

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." - John 1:12-13

"receive" Strongs G2983 synonym - take, accept. antonym - reject, refuse. "And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country." Jesus Christ - Luke 4:24

You must receive/accept/take Christ for yourself.

You said, "There is no scriptural provision, for a man or woman to "come to Jesus"."

"But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, �Let the little children Come To Me" (Jesus)", and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God." - Jesus Christ Mark 10:14

"Come To Me" (Jesus)", all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.� - Jesus Christ Matthew 11:28-30

"You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to Come To Me that you may have life." Jesus Christ John 5:39-40

Jesus commands us to "Come to (Him)".

If you do not come to Jesus, you do not get eternal life.

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!? Isaiah 5:20-21

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
False prophets make you vain
Posted : 16 Sep, 2016 06:56 PM

"prophetic/god is my father wrote:"

Young man, I wrote no such thing. I don't post under the screen name "prophetic" or "prophetic7744". You have a false tongue and a false witness. You post endless unrelated verses which have nothing to do with the subject matter of discussions and ramble on endlessly with no logical order to your thoughts. You post in a stream of consciousness manner similar to what the buddhists practice, i.e., whatever comes to mind follow mindlessly without regard to the truth of the matter or its relationship to the subject matter. Your use of the scriptures is appalling.

And it isn't that mature Christians don't understand and you do, you have no idea of the contradictions of the concepts you pit against each other from the scriptures. No, this isn't about what is stated in 1 Corinthians 2. You simply do not know how to handle the Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. You simply wield it with no control and no concern for the damage you cause by your mishandling of God's holy word. The Lord rebuke you.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Abraham believed God and it was counted to be so.
Posted : 16 Sep, 2016 11:41 AM

Adam7777 said, "Repentance, to stop doing wrong, and have your wrong, (sins) forgiven and ended. To be worthy of forgiveness, (considering yourself already worthy is nothing) and to give instead of taking now..."

"Is not turning from sin a work which man does?

Did I hear you correctly that turning from sin, is required to gain salvation?

If I did hear that correctly, could you please explain to me what part of the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and trusting in His work alone includes me turning from sin to gain salvation?

I was taught that the works of man are not part of salvation, as the cessation of man's efforts and total reliance on Christ first last and only is what is required to gain salvation. It seems to me then, that to require me to turn from sin to gain salvation is to include my works as part of the salvation process. I thought that was expressly excluded in Titus 3:3-7. Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy He saved us.

For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we (me, I, myself) have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

In the book of Jonah KJV

repent- 1 time Jonah 3:9 Maybe God will repent

repentance- 0 times

repented- 1 time Jonah 3:10 God did repent

repentest- 0 times

repenteth- 0 times

repenting- 0 times

repentings- 0 times

No other mention of any other form of the word repent in Jonah.

Verse 5 of chapter 3. the people of Nineveh "believed" God, the same exact word used to describe what Abram did when he believed God in Gen 15:6. They came to saving faith. They "aman"ed God.

AFTER believing God, they turned from their sin. First salvation, THEN, AND ONLY THEN, is turning from sin profitable.

Jonah 3:9 Who can tell 3045 [if] God 430 will turn 7725 and repent 5162, and turn away 7725 from his fierce 2740 anger 639, that we perish 6 not?

5162 nacham -

1) to be sorry, console oneself, repent, regret, comfort, be comforted

a) (Niphal)

1) to be sorry, be moved to pity, have compassion

2) to be sorry, rue, suffer grief, repent

3) to comfort oneself, be comforted

4) to comfort oneself, ease oneself

b) (Piel) to comfort, console

c) (Pual) to be comforted, be consoled

d) (Hithpael)

1) to be sorry, have compassion

2) to rue, repent of

3) to comfort oneself, be comforted

4) to ease oneself

In Jonah 3:9, a hoped for act of God

Jonah 3:10 an act of God

Why insert the word repent into the discussion when it is not part of the text as something for man to do, and only clouds the issues?

The only mention in the book of Jonah of turning from sin comes from multiple words, not a single word which is translated into repent, and happens 3 verses AFTER people have come to saving faith in God, and those 2 words are in fact separated by a 3rd word in this text.

Jon 3:8 But let man 120 and beast 929 be covered 3680 with sackcloth 8242, and cry 7121 mightily 2394 unto God 430: yea, let them turn 7725 every one 376 from his evil 7451 way 1870, and from the violence 2555 that [is] in their hands 3709." None of these things is repent 5162. Jonah 3:9 Who can tell 3045 [if] God 430 will turn 7725 and repent 5162, and turn away 7725 from his fierce 2740 anger 639, that we perish 6 not?

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 16 Sep, 2016 11:10 AM

You are lying. God says that every person has the opportunity to survive temptation, because He makes the opportunity available. God says we choose to indulge the temptation. We are not forced by others to sin. We choose how to react to the temptation. Nobody forces us to yield to a temptation. Each person is accountable, and the false prophet made me do it is no more acceptable a response than the devil made me do it.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 15 Sep, 2016 07:44 PM

Adam7777 said, "False prophets make you vain"

God says. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Corinthians 10

And God also says, "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." James 1

God says it is not the false prophet but a man's own lust that makes him vain. God says He has given a man a way to escape the false words of the false prophet, so that he may be able to successfully overcome that temptation.

Who is lying here?

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 15 Sep, 2016 06:57 PM

"Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

No, Peter did not say Repent. Peter said Metanoeō if he was speaking in Greek, or possibly the Aramaic word found here http:peshitta.org/pdf/Actsch2.pdf, which, there is no way to show on this forum. He absolutely did not use the English word repent in his address to the crowd.

As is self evident, the scriptures were translated into English. To show the original language word, is to use a much more precise word without the baggage of the other original Hebrew and Greek words' other meanings conglomerated into a single word. Sometimes people use repent, when they mean, turn from sin, or be sorry, or change your mind, or other meanings; but in so doing, the lack the specificity required by the Lord, as stated in 1 Corinthians 14, that our words be "EASY to understand". When you use such as word as the English word repent, you are using an unclear word, which is used to express conflicting ideas from the original Hebrew and Greek texts. God says to stop using such words, and use words "EASY to understand. We must defer to His command, and no longer use this word which generates such confusion, and is not easy to understand. When God is specific in the use of words, we must equal His specific intent with words that correctly correlate to His specific words.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 14 Sep, 2016 07:32 PM

"Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow LED TO repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow PRODUCES repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death." 2 Corinthians 7

Neither worldly sorrow, nor godly sorrow, is itself, repentance. Just being sorry doesn't cut it. Metanoia - repentance, a change of mind, must occur in order to gain salvation.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 14 Sep, 2016 06:11 AM

"What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? �Abraham *believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.� 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: 7 �Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.�

*The Greek word is pisteuo (Strong's G4100) which is translated into the English word believed.

"pist-yoo'-o; from G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication, to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ):�believe(-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with."

�He who *believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18 The word believe in John 3:18 is the same root word from Romans 4:3

The English word repent comes from 8 different Greek and Hebrew words. Make sure you know which Greek or Hebrew word is being used, and make sure you use the correct meaning for each word. To say you must repent is to say nothing, as there are so many different meanings. You must not simply fall back on the word repent as a coverall, for every situation.

1 Corinthians 14 is crystal clear about the necessity of giving a clear message: "But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching? 7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played? 8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle? 9 So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air."

If you use the single English word "repent", and are not specific with regard to the original word in its proper context, you will be speaking, as it says in this passage, to the air, and not unto men, because no one will know what exactly you are trying to say.

The most common appearance of the English word repent in the New Testament, comes from the Greek words metaneo and metanoia. The root word means to change your mind. It does not mean be sorry or turn from sin. The change of mind that needs to occur is a change from unbelief to belief. Again, see John 3:18. This is the "biblical repentance" necessary for salvation.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10