Author Thread
God_is_my_Father

View Profile
**OUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST**
Posted : 6 Dec, 2016 06:53 PM

"If we confess our sins, HE (ALMIGHTY GOD, not IT) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 6 Dec, 2016 02:03 PM

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 6 Dec, 2016 12:15 PM

Not one of those says the BLOOD is the One that forgives.

Those verses say, as I said before, that it is the shedding of blood which makes it possible for our sin to be forgiven BY ALMIGHTY GOD.

"If we confess our sins, HE (ALMIGHTY GOD, not IT) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

This verse is crystal clear as to Whom it is that does the forgiving. This verse is not contradicted anywhere. You're failure to understand the use of the word through does not make 1 John 1:9 wrong. You don't go to the blood to ask forgiveness. You go to Almighty God.

God uses to blood to cleanse. the blood does not forgive anything. The blood washes. It is the mechanism which allows for forgiveness, and salvation, and being made righteous. It is God that cleanses us using to blood to clean us. It is God that assigns righteousness to us, not the blood. It is Almighty God with whom we need establish a relationship. The whole being. The blood plays a critical role, but never is the One who forgives. Move on.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 5 Dec, 2016 07:09 PM

Are you suggesting these are two different things? That you can believe and not be saved? Or are these two different ways of expressing the same thing, as I suggested when I wrote: It is an offer of forgiveness that must be accepted through confession/belief in the name of the Son of God."?

"For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, �The man who does those things shall live by them.� But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, �Do not say in your heart, �Who will ascend into heaven?�� (that is, to bring Christ down from above) or, ��Who will descend into the abyss?�� (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? �The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart� (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, �Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.�For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For �whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.�

What is Paul saying? That they need to renew their fellowship by calling upon the name of the Lord? Or is he saying that is how you gain eternal salvation?

It is ALMIGHTY GOD, and NONE OTHER that forgives sin. 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, *****He***** is faithful and just *****to forgive***** us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If you say this is not true, you call ALMIGHTY GOD a liar because you have said God is not the only One who can forgive us.

Show ONE verse that explicitly states that another being or entity does the actual forgiving of the ETERNAL debt of sin. I am NOT talking about forgiving of sin on earth by man. I am talking about the eternal debt owed for the sin, all of it, by man, for his sin. Show ONE verse where it says the blood forgives. Not that the blood cleanses. Show ONE where it says the blood forgives. Not one that says it is a vehicle through which we receive forgiveness, but the that blood itself forgives. ANYWHERE in scripture.

Do we start one way and continue another? "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him."

Is faith in Christ now something different than believing upon the name of the Son of God because it is worded differently?

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 5 Dec, 2016 12:01 AM

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

IF and ONLY IF

You, ignoring God's explicit statement in His holy word, ask: **BUT WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY**?? You just read it. That's what God's word says.

God is the One who forgives. God is the One who cleanses. The blood is what God uses to cleanse. God's blood is like soap. Soap does not apply itself. It has to be applied by another. God applies it.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Posted : 4 Dec, 2016 06:12 PM

No, they are not. Our sin is forgiven by Almighty God upon request for forgiveness. It is the blood and life of Christ which was sacrificed to make the offer of forgiveness possible, but it doesn't happen without confession. It is an offer of forgiveness that must be accepted through confession/belief in the name of the Son of God.

IF and ONLY IF.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Ladies, what is the origin of this statement?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2016 10:41 PM

This comes from a profile I read, and I've heard this said a number of times in different ways.

"Also, I've learned that no man could ever make me feel complete. Christ completed me when He died on the cross for me."

Yet, I read in scripture:

"For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. And this also we pray, that you may be made complete." 2 Corinthians 13:9

So how is it that you were completed at the cross, when you weren't even born when Christ died on the cross for us; and, Paul says that they were praying that people become complete? God also says He says He will continue to perfect us until the day of redemption?

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will continue to perform it (complete it) until the day of Jesus Christ."

If we were made complete, He would not be working to make us perfect, and we would not be under a command to be complete, as it would be something done and out of our control.

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

Have you misunderstood what is said in Colossians 2:10 and thought that was a one time act on the part of God?

"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power."

Two things. There is a difference between a positional truth, which is to be fulfilled at a later time, and a present truth. This is why it says in Romans to "reckon ourselves dead unto sin", even though we are not. Positionally, we are. Practically, we are not. That is why we are told to consider the positional truth the active truth of our lives, let we be in sin. Not all the blessings and riches we have been given are in our hands. Completion in Christ is such a truth.

Also, the word in that verse is the same Greek word, pleroo, as the word in Ephesians 5:18, which says, "Do not be drunk with wine, but be filled (pleroo) with the Spirit. Again, it's not a one time for all time thing like salvation.

We are free from the eternal penalty if we be in Christ, but we are not free from the temporal penalty, (I Cor. 3); nor are we free from the presence of sin.

Satan wants you to be imbalanced in your relationships with men because he wants to destroy marriage. He is constantly filling the minds of people with warped ideas about gender equality. That is because he hates you, and wants you to be unfulfilled and unsatisfied in marriage. Stop listening to that liar.

Please, do your own word study on the word complete, and see this fraud the enemy has foisted on women for yourself.

Now, does that mean you need a man to complete you? No. But be careful, as there is both truth and lie in what she put on her profile. Don't think you are already completed once for all time in all aspects of completion in Christ, and have been since the cross; or that men are not essential in the lives of women. Those things are not true.

If you want to hear an excellent speaker on the issue of love and marriage, the relationship between a husband and his wife, let me recommend Dr. Voddie Baucham. The guy is brilliant at breaking the bread, and showing hidden gems that will blow you away.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Are you lost and without direction for your life? Let's be F.A.I.R.
Posted : 29 Nov, 2016 08:37 AM

You jumped into the middle of a discussion that was occurring in two threads. I'm not surprised you don't understand. When I initially said it wasn't fair for Jesus to die, I was speaking of Him being forced, though I did not state is clearly. But in the context of the whole post, and specifically about paying for my sin, I said it wouldn't be fair for someone else to pay for my murder. I thought it would be understood, in context, that I was saying forced to pay. No, it would not be fair to force someone to pay for a murder I committed. I think followed with it would not be fair for Jesus to pay for my sin. In context, I meant forced to pay, though I did not explicitly say it. I clarified that point. Unfair to force payment upon another. But Christ was not forced. He did it willingly. No man forced Him. There is no contradiction in those two distinct situations.

The main takeaway, is that you get treated better than fair every day. When you wake up and are not in hell, you got better than fair. I don't know how to make it any more plain. If you want fair, you are saying you are ready to pay for your own sin in hell. If you are not willing to pay for your own sin in hell, forever, then you are saying you don't want to be treated fairly. It's that simple. Now, do you want to go on complaining about not being treated fairly? If so, take it to God, and explain to Him why He is wrong to allow you to continue to suffer such indignities.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
About sexual relations in marriage.
Posted : 29 Nov, 2016 05:28 AM

If a man is aware of it, I would think it might be best to address it during pre-marital counseling with your pastor.

I'm not sure, however, that a man who is abstinent, as you suggest, is going to know this beforehand. And if not, how is he going to know to discuss it in advance of the marriage?

There are a lot of medical issues that come into play. And speaking to a doctor would certainly make sense, should it be a problem after the marriage.

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
Are you lost and without direction for your life? Let's be F.A.I.R.
Posted : 28 Nov, 2016 09:36 PM

I will add this one thing. This is the command:

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

He does not say make others do justly. He says you do justly, and He will take care of the others.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10