Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
What do you think causes a man and a woman to fall in and out of love?
Posted : 23 Apr, 2011 12:20 AM

To fall in... there is the need then meet someone they want to have a relationship with, fall in love with.

To fall out...because one or both only have conditional love.

Mercymay

View Profile
What do you dislike about men?
Posted : 31 Mar, 2011 02:16 AM

I don�t like a man who says he is a Christian and yet very unchristian in his ways. I would like a man where fruits of the Holy Spirit is present in his ways.

I don�t like a man who is not open to discuss and resolve differences, who can�t be honest and state what he likes and dislike. I would like someone who sets some standards so I would strive to meet or maintain such standards to be with him. Example: I should weigh this much or else�then I will exert effort to maintain such ideal weight (seems funny but maybe will work for me).

I don�t like a man who is very tight fisted, can�t remember to give me flowers, a note, or anything to let me know he remember our special days, that I exist and significant, that our partnership is a happy fulfilling one. I would like someone thoughtful, loving, sweet, generous.

I don�t like a man who spend his money like there is no tomorrow. I would like a man who plans, work on his plan, share what his plans are.

I don't like a man who is not in good terms with his parents. I would like someone who takes care (financially provide them if necessary) and is concern with his parents.

Mercymay

View Profile
A million dollars
Posted : 21 Mar, 2011 05:56 AM

A million dollars will be around 43 million pesos here in the Philippines. With that money I can purchase a set of construction equipment and start my own construction company, some will be for capital, some funds towards establishing a workshop to train out-of-school-youth and other interested unemployed Filipinos on proper masonry works, tile setting, welding, fabrication of doors & windows, and other crafts related to construction. When all these are running, we could do civil works for churches as tights and offering. Well, I think I will not be treating it as my own but use it so I can fish for a living and a lot of others will also be fishing for a living.

Considering 43million is already a lot of money here, I can also give my father farm equipment for tilling lands. Not that he needs to do hard work but just to satisfy his joy in planting, eating his crops, sharing it to others. His church can do the management in renting it out and generate a little income.

Mercymay

View Profile
Why can't the young and the old find the right person?
Posted : 18 Mar, 2011 05:18 PM

For me finding a mate is like finding the pearl of great price. Like in the bible story, that after the merchant find the pearl of great price, he was willing to sell everything he has to get that land containing the treasure. It was not said, he just get the treasure itself, he has to buy the whole lot.

I think relationships fail because after finding the pearl of great price, finders don�t want to accept the whole package containing the treasure. He/she just want the pearl. When weaknesses surface, giving up starts, moving on begins and back to the cycle.

It is a decision of two people, pearls of great price and imperfect, that if only one stick with the commitment, sure it is doomed to fail. The internet gives us the notion it is easy to move on and find another pearl without weakness but do you guys think there is perfect one out there?

I also believe that when relationship fail, it is God�s answer to prayers of safety. It might be that God foresee the future and something in that potential partner is dangerous, he himself or the situation around him. Most here are divorced and the troubled youth that comes along need a lot of adjustment. I think that is why men prefer younger women for most are single, and don�t have children to deal with. Again, I might just be reading a lot of Ann Rule stories that I tend to rationalize that way.

The bottom line is, we are cautious because this is about finding someone to live with and we and people we love could end up dead fast if we paired with the wrong one. Our time is different. :prayingm::prayingf:

Mercymay

View Profile
I'm Sicka.....
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 12:39 AM

Sorry i missed the sicka humor...but still I have nothing to be sicka:applause::purpleangel::bouncy:

Mercymay

View Profile
I'm Sicka.....
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 12:36 AM

I don't know, but I cannot think of something I am sick about. Life is sooooo good, God is sooooo good all the time!

In every situation we have a choice to be sick or be happy or just plain ignore...hmmm. What is pleasing, good, beautiful, great, etc...think about such things and worship God.

Mercymay

View Profile
Birthday Party!
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 12:30 AM

Maligayang Kaarawan! Happy Birthday!

Wishing you many more blessed healthy years coming.

The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace. Happy birthday :party::party::party:

Mercymay

View Profile
I'm thankful for...
Posted : 12 Mar, 2011 11:58 PM

I am thankful for another beautiful sunny Sunday!

Thankful for my work where I met an official who invited me to her church and today I found the local church I would like to worship with regularly. Thankful the worship service was awesome!

Thankful today I realized it is not enough to live with the promises of God but there is the need to follow the presence of God.

Thankful for the many countless blessings!:dancingp:

To Father God the glory, honor and praises thru Lord Jesus.

Mercymay

View Profile
simple
Posted : 8 Mar, 2011 03:28 PM

Around here in the Philippines, with our culture, most of the women usually describe oneself as �simple�. As a woman and thinking I am simple, it means my dreams are simple, my ways are simple, my pleasures are simple. Simple in a way that it is ordinary, cheap, natural but with sincerity, honesty, love�not treating me like a queen out pity because I am from a third world country.

How to get along with simple woman?... I think just be yourself. If you click then good. If your ways and temperaments are not complimentary, it won�t work. Say if you are too intelligent and she cannot keep her side of the conversation, it is either you let her grow and earn the knowledge (I believe most are smart we just differ in the environment we grow or are used to.) or you continue your search of simple well educated well exposed woman :buddies:.

Do�s and don�ts?...just be yourself, be sincere, be honest, don�t say words just to flatter, mean what you say. So maybe don�t say too much.

The best way to know her? � communicate, communicate, communicate. Share about yourself, as she share about hers. Ask her about areas in her life you want to know and also be willing to share, let her know who you are about those same areas in your life. I think that is how we go about knowing each other more.

Mercymay

View Profile
A case of cold feet?
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 03:15 PM

Might be he has struggles with new job, come to doubt his self, down grade his worth and believe you could be happier with someone else though he does truly love you. Cobbler & Gomer has good points to consider. Twosparrows advice might also work but what if he really feels so down right now and he need your support though he appears not to welcome it. Lift him up in prayer :prayingf::prayingf::prayingf: Maybe do half of Cobbler and half of twosparrow and consider Gomer and reassure. You are doing great yourself venting and seeking advice/opinions from Christian community. If it is God's will it will work. Have faith, believe everything will work out for those who love the Lord.

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15