Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
A prayer of proxy.
Posted : 27 Oct, 2011 03:50 PM

Thank you for this prayer by proxy. I read your post as an eye opener / reminder for women to beware of men like you were before. As much as you believe you did manipulated women to like you or not like you, I believe you were not able to manipulate every woman you encountered, or you shy away from those you know your power of manipulation is not effective and will just hurt your ego. There are women who can read you beyond what you say and they cannot be manipulated. Women who are sure/know their selves, with God given discernment, emotionally stable, with support group around them, and so on. So thank you for acknowledging you were wrong for treating women as lesser human, but admit also that you were really not able to manipulate all women. To the women out there, beware of this manipulative spirit especially when we are down, emotionally weak at the moment, family is not around, etc.

Mercymay

View Profile
A Marriage Commitment: What should it be like???
Posted : 4 Oct, 2011 04:32 AM

nice analogy ... makes me remember and miss twosparrows.

thank you for sharing, for me it explains clearly the marriage commitment.

Mercymay

View Profile
loving someone Ive never met in person,am I a fool
Posted : 4 Oct, 2011 04:04 AM

If you feel you are falling for this girl, don't give up as easily. Be persistent, drop her lines now and then, let her feel you care, and prove love is indeed patient. Her actions towards you might be because of reasons we know or we don't know. She might be on the process of knowing someone right now and doesn't want to connect to a lot at the same time. What if it doesn't develop into something more, then you are there all along if you don't mind being second choice, lol! Life is comedy or misery depending on how you see it. You never know also if she did deleted your friendship at facebook, someone else might have done it without her knowledge. A lot of things we don't know and guesses might be wrong. Don't be ashamed, it is not shameful to fall for someone, disappointed is natural reaction, your are sane and healthy. I believe love may come in mysterious ways and you are not a fool if you fall for someone you have not seen or heard in person. Well, I am not a psychiatrist but that is how I see it. @ Statie I strongly agree that " if a relationship is meant to be -- it will find a way to BE. Regardless of the venue..."

Mercymay

View Profile
First Impression... that went bad.
Posted : 3 Oct, 2011 09:42 PM

I get first impression from their profiles. If a guy indicated an age preference to include those as old as their children can be, I see a red flag, cause any woman can possibly further improve herself if she wants to but can never grow any younger. Reading profiles I noticed older guys preferring younger women, nothing is wrong but I just don't like them right away (I am disqualified, lol), I mean can be on line friends but nothing more. I find those preferring near their ages as secure on who they are and sincere in their search for a long time partner. Well, that is my first impression.

If I make decisions on first impression? Maybe, maybe not. Decisions are made on lots of things considered not just first impressions. I see no great risk in giving chances, know him more, your first bad impression might be wrong. He might be in a bad situation, bad moment that time. See him in better situations and good times.

Mercymay

View Profile
What can you spend hours and hours doing and never feel tired of doing it ...
Posted : 30 Sep, 2011 05:16 PM

reading, singing along to worship or old songs, sewing, gardening, watching movies...so many things and not enough time:dancingp:

Mercymay

View Profile
A woman is what she wears
Posted : 30 Sep, 2011 05:05 PM

In what we wear we get the corresponding treatment. If we dress inappropriate then people treat us inappropriately, not everybody but such response is expected. There are those who put a lot of effort to look good, there are also those that will look good on just anything. I remember when my kid was about 4 years old wearing her old house clothes playing with another kid. The other mom called me and said, look at them, my kid already had bath and change of clothes and do smell good, while yours still have to take a bath but she does look more clean and neat and smell good than my kid.

A woman is what she wears? Maybe what she wears and how she carries it.

Mercymay

View Profile
I feel like I'm Drowning
Posted : 21 Sep, 2011 12:09 AM

Hello Adriana,

I feel sad you feel the way you do, I hope and pray you will come to appreciate life as it is, a gift, no matter what.

You are as old as my children who have no interest on marriage or relationships at the moment. I think because when one is happy at home, why change? I encountered several single ladies expressing life is so good at home so why marry? With such thoughts, I think then that your longing to be married is actually in order to escape. I committed such mistake in my youth and I tell you I do regret for decades. Marriage should never be a escape from temporary trouble/situation.

Dante began his Divine Comedy with these words: �In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself in a dark wood.� The wood is always dark because we cannot see what is on the other side of it. What we need is light to penetrate that darkness, and such a light can best be supplied by religion and the arts. (D.V de Bogart, Intro to the Humanities.)

In my journey I don't rely on other people to make me happy. You cannot expect them to be there always. Do rely on God, he will never leave you. It is also said that people who are interested on the arts (painting, sculpture, architecture, music, literature) are never bored. So think about it. Life is really so short to enjoy all those.

One more advice from experience, whenever you are sad, hurt, pained, humiliated, think about other worst situations that could possibly happen...I then felt relieved, God is so good all the time! Don't die, you might be destined to win the lottery tomorrow, or meet that wonderful partner next year, you never know. Have faith that God provides. Strive and fight that feel like drowning thing...float, swim to shore, live life to the fullest!

Mercymay

View Profile
( FARMERS ) of any type . IAM curious of why does appear so low on the list as a choice in mates
Posted : 25 Jul, 2011 05:39 AM

Why do you think so? I see farming as stable so if i were to put a choice list, it is on top. If I were to retire, I would love to spend it gardening/farming and I think lots of matured ladies will agree with me. Maybe the young ones will be attracted to the excutive types and night life but at their retirement what will they do? Anyone here who has actual experience of building biogas system? In the near future I would like to venture into piggery and would like it to be environment friendly.

Mercymay

View Profile
Comparing/Treating Pets as Human Babies
Posted : 25 Jul, 2011 05:12 AM

I have two daughters and am guilty of treating our dog as the youngest son, I do call him son. I can�t help it as his company cured my nerves (saved me doctor�s fee & medication). He is over protective of us and always ready with his warmest welcome every time we come home. When he learns our routine, he wakes us up like an alarm that cannot be put off. At our time to come home, he is there at the door waiting always excited. As his favorite meal is rice and fried or roast chicken, we go the extra mile to provide or he will go on hunger strike and we always surrender in fear he might get sick. When I look at him I cannot thank God enough for gifting me with this bundle of joy.

So, I do treat our dog like a human kid, I think more pampered as there are three of us giving him affection, and I think sometimes he forgets he is a dog and act more like a kid.

Mercymay

View Profile
What makes a man shine for you?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2011 08:49 AM

Exudes kind heartedness

Open minded

Easy to please / can laugh at his own mistakes

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12