Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
Physical attraction (the most important thing).
Posted : 3 Jul, 2011 04:23 AM

I would like to share this true story.

Somewhere in the Middle East where there are lots of Filipino contract workers, a Filipino engineer advised his superior who had a Filipino girlfriend, a domestic helper. The supervisor is about to retire and go home to the US. The engineer advised, Sir, you come with me to Philippines and we look for a well educated Filipina, who look gorgeous, a better wife material than this one you are dating. His supervisor said, oh no need, I am happy with this one, I will have a wife and a maid. With what you are thinking, the neighbors will be interested, all my life I will be busy watching over her.

Mercymay

View Profile
It has occured to me...
Posted : 26 Jun, 2011 04:11 AM

I�ve been there before and all I can share is that, it is really a great risk to take. I was not a risk taker myself especially when it involves another, that of my children�s. I cannot be all positive considering there are cases of abused little girls in the home and so I end up single parent all these years.

It is still your choice to bring someone into there lives and be open and prepared it may not turn out great especially if the other party has other expectation and brings in conditional love into your home. You never know and maybe she never know also what to expect until she lives with you all. I think if I were you, (haha just like I did), if you can do it, consider remarrying when they get older. Fatherhood is great responsibility, your children�s welfare is top priority. God bless you!:prayingf::prayingf::prayingf:

Mercymay

View Profile
Prosperity
Posted : 24 Jun, 2011 06:05 PM

I don't think the poor is more godly than the rich. Both have the choice to be godly and the rich are even empowered to do more godly things.

I love watching Joel Osteen cause I can't help but feel his annointing in bringing people to trust God. I think the church he leads is prosperous because he have faith in prosperity gospel. If you have faith as small as... so have faith in whatever way you want to bring people back to God, maybe prove that misery gospel is more effective, lol!

Mercymay

View Profile
Prosperity
Posted : 24 Jun, 2011 05:26 PM

Even Jesus Christ quoted scriptures (OT) to rebuke the devil. And,

Matthew 5:17 � 20 Jesus himself said:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them... (please read on prophetic774) because Jesus surely did not make the Old Testament obsolete.

Mercymay

View Profile
Advice about Love from 49 years of marriage
Posted : 24 Jun, 2011 04:47 AM

Nice story and I like the following warnings:

"A man who says I love you quickly without knowing you deeply is a man you must stay away from, He is not mature.

A man who talks alot, especially of himself, what he has, how much he makes, how awesome he'll take care of you, what he will give you, etc. Stay away from him...

BUT... man who asks question of yourself, digging to know you better, who shows almost no "interest" almost to the point of maybe doubting if you are the one for him, THAT is the man you want.

A man who doesn't speak of himself, in all ego, but shows you who he is, what he will do for you, as the saying goes "action speaks louder then words" He is for you.

Thanks for sharing...God bless!

Mercymay

View Profile
Prosperity
Posted : 24 Jun, 2011 04:29 AM

Exodus 20:12 Honor your father & your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

Isn�t this a promise of long life & prosperity? And isn�t prosperity subjective? I see it wrong to say that poor people in Asia are not prosperous because you never know. From someone�s profile on here I read this line which I strongly agree: � That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.�

I believe there are a lot more people having less feeling prosperous and have peace than people who have more feeling less prosperous, chasing more wealth he could not spend in his lifetime and have no peace of mind. I believe no matter what the circumstance is, there is prosperity and peace of mind in God�s presence. What is pleasing, beautiful, good, godly, think about such things.

Mercymay

View Profile
I allowed my heart to be conquered, only to be shattered...
Posted : 20 Jun, 2011 10:43 PM

You are still young and getting hurt is part of growing up even in growing old. I am sure from the experience you came out a better person�cause after getting hurt you still wish him the best.

It might be that the timing is just not right. Give him the benefit of the doubt during those times he said he like you he really meant it and when you learn to like him in return, other priorities/issues in his life came up and he just can�t commit yet. I mean that is a possibility. Maybe, timing is messed up because it is part of God�s plan for both of you.

As for just texting, maybe he can't explain it yet, but at least he was brave to text no. Other guys will let you ride on, make you fall in love more deeply, then break your heart to more pieces it is harder to come together again. Cheer up!

Mercymay

View Profile
Compatibility
Posted : 20 Jun, 2011 07:39 AM

...that temperaments, traits, behavior are complimentary. Whom each one can be honest with because there is assurance of acceptance. I think partners learn to lie or just skip telling the truth because of fear of being misunderstood. That maybe some quarrels start with one just wanting to be honest. I mean the repentant way of being honest not that honesty expressed in such a way to hurt. I believe compatibility leads to living together harmoniously. That the two are looking at things the same way. Unlike when two have different views that what is nothing with one is momentous with the other.

Mercymay

View Profile
Philippines the only place without divorce?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2011 06:48 AM

@ dkj255

I see it also as a license for abuse. Although the biblical divorce is directed at men divorcing unfaithful wife whom he cannot forgive, I see marital unfaithfulness also refer to domestic violence and the wife should not be forced to endure it. Personally my understanding of the bible is, there is no marital unfaithfulness on the side of the husband except domestic violence although it is not stated clearly. As I read the bible, a woman can only be a wife to one husband, whereas, a man can be a husband to many wives. Not that I like the practice but I think if a husband commits adultery, the wife should forgive and not go for divorce. But if the wife commits adultery, it is written he could divorce her. There is biblical absolute demand for the wife to remain faithful inside the marriage and be forgiving. I don�t know if I can do it though, lol!�I mean the remaining faithful I know I can but the forgiving I am not sure.

Our law only apply to us. Like if a Filipina get married here with a foreign man and if it happen in the future the foreign husband wants to divorce her, he can file for it at his home country and the decree will be submitted here and become valid as well. The wife though cannot initiate the divorce as she is under our law of no divorce.

I agree with you, no one should be rushing into marriage, but we cannot be sure that before marrying we are emotionally strong all the time. Because of that I tend to prefer a long get to know each other period but I am also in doubt of �don�t settle for less� because how do I know he is less? If he is a genuine child of God, he must be more. I think I am more on looking at temperaments, traits, behavior and we can observe that here on forum. Example, there are those that make mountains out of mole hills.

If you commit to a woman, will she commit to you? It depends�you need to know her temperaments, her traits, her behavior�does it compliment with yours? Enough time is needed to know enough and what is enough for you, what is enough for her?

Mercymay

View Profile
Philippines the only place without divorce?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2011 06:08 AM

@chevyrocks

Salamat chevy! I believe cdff will not close my topic cause my purpose is just to share what we have here in our corner of the world. It might be a wakeup call to ladies out there well protected by their government but kind of freedom taken for granted. But I believe ours is not the worst in all the corners of the globe and there is still so much to feel blessed about being born a Filipina. God�s blessings be yours too!

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13