Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
Why get married?
Posted : 25 Feb, 2012 05:32 AM

Why not? Cobbler, I hope you won�t take this negatively but I would like to remind you about the power of our words. If you say you are this and you are that, it will be. We are created in the likeness of God and God created everything with words. So I think better watch out what you say cause it will happen.

My prayers are with you that may that someone who will be happy just being by your side will come along and that in her company you find happiness and fulfillment too. By then you will say why not marry?

About being alone, I have this neighbor not a native from our country, he is English and live by himself next door. I don�t think he feels alone because I can hear him greeting the neighbors as he comes and goes. So to have friends, be a friend first.

If I ever find someone again, I really would like to be married. The problem is, I already meet someone here at CDFF, he was everything I wish for and even more but he married someone else, he was in a hurry to get married and for other reason I was not. I say it is now a problem because in my search now I search for someone like him. If someone like him comes along, why not? I believe God is preparing someone even better. I believe in that and for now I enjoy life until he comes, and we will enjoy life together.

Why get married? My eldest daughter asked me that question and she doesn�t want to be married. Said she doesn�t want to mind someone else, that she doesn�t like the prospect of needing to adjust to someone, to consider someone, etc etc. She loves to read, play suduko, watch anime. I think she is too busy alone to feel lonely that she doesn�t want company.

Mercymay

View Profile
What do you think about when you think about: PEACE!!!
Posted : 23 Jan, 2012 02:30 PM

I think one can only have genuine Peace if one have total trust and faith in God. Peace is that feeling of assurance, no bothering worrying thoughts that keeps one sleepless. Casting out all worries and trusting God provides everything. Casting out worries is not an easy thing to do for every one, that not everyone can have peace.

Mercymay

View Profile
GOD THAT IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!!!!!!
Posted : 23 Jan, 2012 02:23 PM

I prayed for someone and God answered with someone really wonderful, the desire of my heart. But then it did not worked out for other reason. Still I trust God made it happen for a reason. I trust in �everything will work out together for good�. I trust everything that is happening, good and bad, will work out for a future Godly best. Pray some more :prayingf:, pray some more :prayingm:� not my best but God�s best to happen to me.

@dkj255

I pray God will exempt me from Job-like experience. I believe just like Jabez, we can pray we be spared from pain.

@BFGTL

Amen!

Mercymay

View Profile
women with adult kids
Posted : 20 Dec, 2011 06:31 AM

I am one such single parent having raised 2 daughters going on 20 years now. They are well adjusted, I never experienced being talked back, I love them and I feel their loving me back not just in words and kisses and respect but also in their support, in helping with chores or just doing simple acts that keeps a mother from worrying. I don�t know how to express it, but in the years that we are together, what we love most is stay in our home, eating together, watching movies, or we read books and share our views. I believe my responsibility to my kids is teach them to respect their parents/elders for them to claim God�s promise in Exodus 20 for a long life in the land the Lord God has given them. Although for now they are not in any relationship, we know they might be in the near future and they are open to suggestion it might be good for me to find a partner in life if I want to.

Having told my experience, I think there are lots of single mothers out there who if given the chance to remarry will be able to adjust well into the new relationship.

Mercymay

View Profile
A letter to all woman that are looking for a Godly man.
Posted : 19 Dec, 2011 06:00 PM

Even if there are young Christians out there who easily fall away from talking about godly topics to ungodly manipulative ones, there are still a lot of true mature Christian ladies and true gentlemen out there looking for genuine godly men & women for friendship or more. I have my share of knowing people, Christians who just fall short, another with �unchristian church� who is more Christian in his ways. I think how Christian we are is not only in our declaration but more in our actions day after day� the same way we know how someone is in how he/she talk on line day after day after day. Just rebuke the manipulative spirit if it comes out and in some way it may remind the other person...whatever...but I think we need not judge the person, she need help.

I am one weak Christian myself and I sure wish to meet a strong Godly man...or if God wills it, a weak one so we could grow strong together in our faith. :angel:

Mercymay

View Profile
3 idiots
Posted : 7 Nov, 2011 05:53 AM

We got understanding from the English subtitle as half of it is I think in Hindi the other half in English. Idiot is used as kind of an expression or that is how I see it. They were called idiots but they were not idiots at all.

Mercymay

View Profile
3 idiots
Posted : 5 Nov, 2011 04:52 AM

a 2009 indian movie said to break all opening box office records...if you want to laugh, feel light, watch this or watch again and again and again...about education, family, dating, marriage, friendship,pride, etc.

Mercymay

View Profile
Rudeness
Posted : 5 Nov, 2011 04:40 AM

I think it means there no interest to know you better. How about those who just view your profile many times but without any message? Are they interested or are they in series of errors clicking view button but not viewing at all? I take no offence and believe there is just not enough interest to write something. Maybe no response is better than a polite note or rubber stamp "no thanks".

Mercymay

View Profile
Curious
Posted : 5 Nov, 2011 03:52 AM

I think I have to disagree that someone fully committed to Christ will also guarantee a blessed marriage. I believe there are lots of broken marriages from people who really are fully committed to the Lord just not fully committed to the relationship. For me, there is that need to fully know the person well. His commitment to the Lord is important but also his commitment to the marriage. I will go with the old marriage of 50/50, there must be give and take, even 40/60 is tolerable but 100/100? even when your spouse is not giving you their share? I strongly disagree with that� I am just human, honestly I will get tired if there is no reciprocity in the relationship. It is not wise to marry the first person you met, yes, you might get lucky to have met the right person right away but that doesn�t happen every time for each one. Maybe you can give yourself to someone who doesn�t give in return for some period, but for a lifetime? I don�t think you can do that. I don�t think you can live with a nagging, whining, complaining, discontented, etc wife for a lifetime. Life is a gift, life is short, live it to the fullest. Why spend it with someone who doesn�t give back love, care, understanding, commitment in return?

Mercymay

View Profile
GOD help my vengeful spirit! Cheating "Christian" ex-bf!! GRRR
Posted : 27 Oct, 2011 04:05 PM

I hope you hear his side of the story why he�s been seeing his ex. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt he might be seeing her for a reason and not cheating at all. Whatever, just bless him and hope he will be happy and I believe the blessings will come back to you in folds.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11