Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
I Will Miss Twosparrows
Posted : 16 Jun, 2011 05:52 AM

I will miss twosparrows...his posts had all the flavours.

Mercymay

View Profile
Do we need to visit past heartaches?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2011 04:17 AM

Maybe not everybody experienced being abused in the past but those who did, do we really need to visit or refresh the experience now and then? I am asking this because as I read in the forum, I really disagree with one who was kind of advised to talk about it.

When I lifted up my sad experience to God, I felt relieved. If I were to talk about it now and then, it is like I take it back from God and make it my burden again. In a church activity, I experienced being aggressively asked by a Christian sister from different congregation to share, relieve, shout it out sister, but I have nothing to share anymore, the pain is not there, I have moved on, life is pleasant and so good, why do I need to ruin my day remembering the long forgotten past? I liken it to cutting up a scar that is vanishing.

So, am very sorry sister but I have nothing more to share. My burden is now God�s and I won�t take it back just to please you. What I mean is the details, I can refer I�ve been a battered wife but not anymore. Maybe some psychologist or psychiatrist will advice this and that but I really believe it is up to the individual to heal from within. These professionals are also just human and can be wrong, or I don�t think they are always right.

Mercymay

View Profile
Philippines the only place without divorce?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 08:33 AM

I was surprised finding twosparrow being banned. I just found he made mention of Philippines as source of Ruth kind of women. I believe that is because of our culture and the experience of those that married foreign men inspired the next generation. How is this? One can visit any village, make a survey, we can be specific, which family has a member married to an American? In terms of their economic status, this fact is obvious. There are cases of those being abused and maltreated but in general, looking at their experiences and their looks that seems eternally young, Americans do make great husbands.

About sex slave trafficking, I think most of the women are willing victims. It is like a gamble in which they have more to gain than to lose. Twenty years ago, I happen to asked a girl fresh from the province and living in with an American serviceman. How did it happen? She said, we are so poor up there in the mountains. When someone came and recruit for waitresses bound for a place near Clark Airbase, I knew we will be sold but I believe I will find a husband who can change my life and that of my family. I can have a chance to send my siblings to school. The American man who paid for her first experience took her as his wife. It is true, maybe sad at first, but I guess a happy ending. On line I was asked by a foreign guy, are you a poor woman? I said, why? Because I am looking for one for she will become a good wife. I can�t believe he have that twisted logic. Maybe true, but I am not as very poor but I believe I can be a good wife too.

Now with my thread title, it is really very sad that after Malta fully embraced divorce, we are the only place in the whole world aside from Vatican City. Not that I wish for it, but because there are so many cases of domestic violence here and women are trapped for life. Lots of single parent women burdened with supporting a child or children. Family planning here is sole responsibility of women because when couples separates, fathers usually don�t support the children. Our men can father as many children with as many women they can fool around and don�t pay any child support, not mandatory. How is that for comparison over there? In Matthew 19:9, the Lord Jesus Christ himself said that divorce is allowed for marital unfaithfulness. Yet here in the Philippines, the catholic church is more holy and more strict than the Lord, no divorce. We have annulment law but it will cost around $5,000 and no guarantee. Even if couples had been separated for decades and already paired and have children with another, usually our law here uphold that marriage that is not there anymore since decades ago. Only the rich can have annulment; majority of the population (poor and middle class) have no choice but endure marital unfaithfulness and domestic violence the rest of their lives. So, can I fault the willing victims?

Mercymay

View Profile
Message from two sparrows
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 07:10 AM

I will miss him too! I hope cdff police will reconsider. I am one of those who after a long absence look forward to check on what's up with twosparrow. I find him entertaining, informative, had given me many laughs, also great honest advice. I see him as cdff forum asset. God's blessings be yours Kuya Chuck wherever you may be. :prayingf:

Mercymay

View Profile
Dogs
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 06:43 AM

Maybe and maybe not, depends... already have a dog and still have to find a man as adorable :ROFL: Ruff ruff!

Mercymay

View Profile
Is It Biblical?.....
Posted : 6 Jun, 2011 01:37 AM

Deborah is one biblical woman leader in Judges 4 - 5.

Mercymay

View Profile
Do the Math...
Posted : 27 May, 2011 05:47 AM

Nosebleed two...my imagination is limited to three dimension. Those things I can't comprehend I don't bother but thanks for posting, it stimulates thinking beyond what is familiar to my ordinary mind...

Mercymay

View Profile
Subtle Idols
Posted : 21 May, 2011 07:41 AM

hello two, thank you chevy ... I think you chose to believe and enjoy God's love.

Mercymay

View Profile
Subtle Idols
Posted : 21 May, 2011 04:44 AM

With regards to elect or chosen, I picture the scene at The Skull ( Luke 23:39-43) which I think portrayed the 3 kinds of people and we as believer or unbeliever can relate or chose which person we are.

One person at the center is the Lord Jesus Christ and surely we could not be him.

Second person is the criminal at one side hurling insults at him: �Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!�

Third person is the other criminal who rebuked him and said �Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.�

Jesus answered him, �I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise�.

I dont think our third person had doctrine or systematic theology nor good works and yet he is in paradise.

Mercymay

View Profile
Ladies, Your Opinions Please.
Posted : 18 May, 2011 11:49 AM

For me, �mate� is kind of a relationship like classmate, roommate, etc. and specifying it as �help mate� the relationship is identified as helping each other, not just one helping the other but each other.

It makes me feel cared and loved being considered a help mate ...by helping someone and getting help in return. Sometimes just someone's presence in our life is already a big help, just the feel that she/he is there for me...endless ways to be of help or be someone's help, sometimes just shutting up is already a big help lol! Well, in my family, in my relationship with my daughters, I think there is that help mates role we feel with each other.

If being �help mates� is not the role of marriage partners, what is it ? In marriage there is that ingredient of intimacy in the help mate relationship, the partnerts are then supposed to be transparent with each other, just like our intimate relationship with God in which we know we could hide nothing.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14