Author Thread
KJVonly

View Profile
Blood, Death or Both?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 09:37 PM

Prophetic,

I will repeat Tyndale's quote because I think I need to for future reference...

7. For if God be on our side, what matter maketh it who be against us, be they bishops, cardinals, popes, or whatsoever names they will?

I think I should include SADLUP on the list , so remember that when you want to get post happy with insults. I pray you don't . He is no longer here with us but someone will come along eventually and so since I do not know that person's username , sadlup will be a stand in.

BTW , wasn't it blasphemy against the Holy Ghost that is unpardonable?

Will you at least repent for your treatment of another member and countless others I hear about.?

I tried to lead by example. I just wish I had spoken out sooner before he left. To show I forgive you , I will call you Parrot again.

KJVonly

View Profile
Thanks richard- #7744
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 08:43 PM

Prophetic,

Your quote:

....since he **TAUGHT** that Revelation was not inspired by God.

End quote

Well, some people believe that we have a faulty bible leaden down with errors , seemingly lost in translation along the way...so does that put a portion of the general population in the same category? I believe speaking in tongues ceased...but charismatics would probably think I am a blasphemer by not agreeing with them. It comes down to the heart . God knows if you are ignorant or doing it on purpose. In my defense, I say , I am doing the best I can with scripture and pray that the Holy Spirit guides me and opens them up to me .

KJVonly

View Profile
Thanks richard- #7744
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 08:24 PM

Prophetic,

The unpardonable sin is blasphmemy against the Holy Spirit. Isn't it??

The Pharisees were saying Jesus cast out demons by the power of beezelbub.

I am glad you humbled yourself enough to pray for Sadlup.

I had been observing the feast days once upon a time out of ignorance. I am glad I didn't have someone posting about me like that . I am glad I wasn't online at all in a forum and I allowed the Holy Spirit to guide me back into truth.

That is what I wanted to see happen with Sadlup. I was being gentle and trying to help him see his error. I wondered WHY I was up so late at 3 A.M. some mornings debating with him in the forums here. I thought," I can do this tomorrow...I should go to bed......" but the LORD knew of course that Sadlup was upset with you trying to ruin conversations and distracting him and he knew that sadlup would leave CDFF, so hopefully what was said on the forum gives him plenty of food for thought. Those early morning debates were the only quiet time we had here and I am thankful for that! Keep him in your prayers and PLEASE don't bully and call people names here. It should be a safe place to come and fellowship and debate .

KJVonly

View Profile
Thanks richard- #7744
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 04:27 PM

Prophetic,

You need an exorcism.

KJVonly

View Profile
Shalom aleikhem!
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 04:07 PM

Parrot,

He is gone now. Let it go. Do you really think he would care to look at it before he closes the door? I tried to be nice to everybody, even you. You are happy to see him go . He was here to learn and share. I just hope he doesn't forget some of the discussions we had. I was supposed to help mediate but feel like a failure now. Why don't you do like the bible says and pray for your enemy?

KJVonly

View Profile
Shalom aleikhem!
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 04:01 PM

I stand corrected...Sadlup COULD make me cry afterall...because he is gone. Please keep him in your prayers.

KJVonly

View Profile
Blood, Death or Both?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 03:22 PM

Grace

Quote:

Since the Hebrew language is good enough for Messiah to teach from, then why do the self proclaimed pastors use distorted English translations.

End quote

Good question!

English is the default world language now. God knew that before hand and gave us an English bible. One of the pioneers who brought us the Bible in English was William Tyndale, who is remembered today, October 6. Born around 1494 in Gloucestershire, he was educated at Oxford and Cambridge Universities and was ordained as a priest in around 1521. He became committed to the Reformers' cause and started to translate the Bible, moving to Germany not long afterwards where he could work more freely.. Here are 10 quotes from William Tyndale:

1. I defy the Pope and all his laws [lawes]. If God spare my life, ere many years I will cause a boy who drives the plough to know more of the scriptures than you do [said to a priest]

2. I perceived how that it was impossible to establish the lay people in any truth except the Scripture were plainly laid before their eyes in their mother tongue.

3. My overcoat is worn out; my shirts also are worn out. And I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening; it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark. [At prison in Vilvoorde]

4. I call God to record against the day we shall appear before our Lord Jesus, that I never altered one syllable of God's Word against my conscience, nor would do this day, if all that is in earth, whether it be honour, pleasure, or riches, might be given me.

5. There is no work better than to please God; to pour water, to wash dishes, to be a cobbler, or an apostle, all are one; to wash dishes and to preach are all one, as touching the deed, to please God.

6. Let Christian kings therefore keep their faith and truth, and all lawful promises and bonds, not one with another only, but even with the Turk or whatsoever infidel it be. For so it is right before God; as the scriptures and ensamples [examples] of the Bible testify.

7. For if God be on our side, what matter maketh it who be against us, be they bishops, cardinals, popes, or whatsoever names they will?

8. Christ is with us until the world's end. Let his little flock be bold therefore.

9. The church of Christ is the multitude of all those who believe in Christ for the remission of sins, and who are thankful for that mercy and who love the law of God purely, and who hate the sin in this world an long for the life to come.

10. The Law and the Gospel are two keys. The Law is the key that shutteth up all men under condemnation, and the Gospel is the key which opens the door and lets them out.

It is up to us to find a good one.

I MISS SADLUP! We had some good discussions!!

KJVonly

View Profile
Thanks richard- #7744
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 02:51 PM

I just noticed that Sadlup is no longer a member!

KJVonly

View Profile
The Temple and the End of what Age?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 02:43 PM

Parrot..

Here is a bone to chew on.,,

Your quote:

Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment to all that has been written .

End quote

Key word, fulfillment.

This is speaking about the destruction of the physical temple. Remember , the feast days are all fulfilled that pointed to Christ. We are not looking at 1967 as a timeline for prophecy . There won't be a third temple built. New Jerusalem has already come down, that heavenly spiritual city. Christ reigns through his Church on earth. He tabernacles with us now.

Your quote:

Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

End quote

I think this means Rome (trampled underfoot). I believe, Parrot , that the time of the gentiles was fulfilled in the first century. There is neither jew nor greek nor gentile now..so how is it still so in 1967? Paul preached to the gentiles to bring them into the fold. To fulfill the time of the gentiles. And the gospel WAS preached into ALL the world . Europe was the whole world at that time.

I also believe that speaking of the martyred saints in Revelation who cried out under the altar is a reference to the heavily persecuted Jews in the time of Nero, Caligula, etc. Nero used to light Christians on fire to light his Villa at night. The Romans, with their bloody sports, threw people to lions , etc in the Coliseum. Remember how the blood of Abel cried out to the Lord.? Alter is a key word here. Are the martyrs awaiting the resurrection at 70 AD?

KJVonly

View Profile
The Temple and the End of what Age?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2019 12:52 PM

Teddyhug..

Quote:

Big question here! If Paul was talking about the Commandment Law, then please show me (since I was born in Missouri) in The Bible, even your KJV, where it says there was ever a month (moonth) long festival!

End quote

The ordinances were bondage and the ten commandments were the perfect law of liberty.

If Paul is calling it bondage, he is speaking of what is written in the “Book of the Law.”

In the first part of chapter 4, Paul points out that observance of the ceremonial Holy days with their sacrifices was bondage and had ended. Not only had the Galatians returned to this now obsolete law, but they were also trying to observe it just to be saved rather than keeping it by faith, and hence were trying to be justified by works of the law; the ceremonial law in this case. Since we are not justified by the works of the law,Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”

Galatians 3:9-11 “So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. 10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.”

Good observation!

Page : 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158