Author Thread
KJVonly

View Profile
Creation Clocks
Posted : 24 Jul, 2019 04:02 PM

Sadlup..

Your quote..

If you did what p7744 asserts in about 18 years you'd be celebrating Christmas in June!

I have heard of Christmas in July, so your close! LOL.

Yeah, I am a HUGE Tesla fan also. I am watching the Tesla files on Amazon Prime. Have you saw the first season?

KJVonly

View Profile
Down the rabbit hole....buckle up!
Posted : 24 Jul, 2019 03:57 PM

Babylonian moon month or not. I think he should not be observing it at all. I know you said it was not for legalistic purposes but you do seem awfully strict in your calculations and observances. That can get into grey areas. I didn't outright in my mind reject Jesus when I tried to observe it but I was feeling mighty low at times when I didn't know what calendar to use. I wasn't resting in him. He is my sabbath rest now.

KJVonly

View Profile
The Temple and the End of what Age?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2019 03:11 PM

Jesus was asked by his disciples in Matthew 24, the famous passage that has led to countless debates.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Something for Sadlup to ponder. In matthew 24:20 it says :

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

He said to pray that your flight not be on the sabbath ..I think it's because the city gates were closed then and he wanted people to be able to get out of the city and flee. I always ask. Who is Jesus addressing? , culture slang, the time period they lived in. Who was ruler or king...etc..Yeah, SDA's love to quote that one about the sabbath.

Back to the Temple...A simple question...

What age did the temple that Jesus spoke about represent?

Did it represent the Mosaic age where the physical Law of Torah and scrolls were kept in a physical temple? Does it represent the Christian age where Gods laws are written on our hearts ..yes he circumsized our hearts also. Romans 2:29 Yes, I am spiritualizing here.

It represents the Mosaic age of course! Emperor Nero dispatched an army under the generalship of Vespasian 70 A.D. They destroyed both the city and it's temple. Josephus expounded on it in his writings.

This age that Jesus spoke about of Moses, the law and the prophets came to an end and the age to come was of messiah, the new covenant that never ends.

Here is another thing to ponder Sadlup...

You may know more about this that me but here is my conclusion...

Bear with me..

God the Father ,mentioned in the old testament had two kingdoms. The house of Israel and the House of Judah. God divorced one kingdom because they eventually committed adultery and they went into captivity to the Babylonians.

Ezekiel 37:22 “And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.”

Jesus said:

Matthew 15:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

...God divorced them and they were considered unclean. Gentiles. He loved them so much that he wanted them back but would not break his own law, so he could not remarry them. So he sent his son into the world to join the 2 sticks back together that were broken, representing the two kingdoms. A full restoration! No longer separated by God since the garden of Eden . Jesus is the bridge to the Father. Jesus made a second exodus much like the first. He made a way out of sin and death. God TABERNACLES with us!! 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Did you catch that? ...Tabernacles.

The Tabernacle was to be a place where God’s glory would be revealed.

The plan was simple, functional, yet filled with prophetic promise.

It was a replica of heavenly and spiritual realities.

The Tabernacle was a foreshadow of Christ.

God even instructed Moses to anoint it with oil.

It is significant that the name “Christ” means “the anointed One.”

God was making a profound promise, “I will provide redemption through my anointed one.”

God did keep His promise to tabernacle with His people.

In John in 1:14 it says, “And the Word became flesh and dwelt [pitched His tent or tabernacled] among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Jesus is Immanuel or God with us. (Matthew 1:23)

The Bronze Water Laver reminds worshipers they must be cleansed before the approach a Holy God. (Exodus 30:18-21; 1 Corinthians 10:1-2)

After the shedding of blood it was necessary that one be ceremonially cleansed, so they could serve as priests.

The Bronze water basin foreshadowed our cleansing from sin through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.

Water baptism represents our identity with Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:1-2)

In Titus 3:4-7 it says, “But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior.”

I also found a curious reference in John 7:37-39.

Jesus said, “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

Then in John 19:34-35 there is this strange observation—

“One of the soldiers pierced Christ’s side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe.”

At the Bronze Altar there was blood to atone and at the Bronze basin water to regenerate and cleanse defiled sinners.

An explanation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, using the pattern and furniture of the Tabernacle. (Colossians 1:19-20)

I want to begin in the Holy of Holies.

The Triune God, in His heavenly glory, sent the Son to earth.

He set aside His eternal glory, in obedience to His Father, to take upon Himself the form of a man. (Philippians 2:6-8)

When He arose from His throne to enter the earth, he was answering the prayers of His enslaved people.

He came to earth as the light and life of man.

It pleased the Father for the fullness of deity to dwell in Him. (Colossians 1:19-22)

At the age of thirty He began His ministry with baptism.

For the joy that was set before Him Christ endured the cross. (Hebrews 12:2)

He was like a lamb led to slaughter. (Isaiah 53:7)

He willingly offered up His life as a sacrifice for our sin.

There won't be a third physical temple built. Although news sources have been saying otherwise for years! Jesus came back in 70 A.D. in judgement. You can't separate the second coming at 70 A.D with the resurrection or wedding supper of the lamb (consummation)

Jesus fulfilled everything. God kept his word.

The world won't blow up as some surmise. Things are done on earth as they are in heaven . New covenant, new earth. Not a literal destroyed one .(I thought I would address this here in case someone was already asking) There are animals in the book of revelation and nations and people after the earth was destroyed.

I could get into some language of revelation with the stars falling, blood moons, etc. to show you that it represents commotions and changes in the heavens but I think I wrote a novel!

KJVonly

View Profile
Creation Clocks
Posted : 24 Jul, 2019 02:41 PM

Prophetic..

Your quote..

Revelation 13:5 The Beast {666} wilkl exercise his authority for 42 {30-day} months . Which is also 1260 days!!

Didn't he already do that with Nero and other Emperors? I got a similar topic coming up right away today on this....stay tuned.

KJVonly

View Profile
Precession
Posted : 24 Jul, 2019 10:13 AM

Well said Teddyhug..

LittleDavid...with all due respect, can we prove that carbon dating is even a true science? Or is that something man made up for his purpose ?

Please enlighten us with your explanation on Mt.St.Helen's . I would like to hear it again. My phone had an echo!

KJVonly

View Profile
Creation Clocks
Posted : 24 Jul, 2019 09:48 AM

Antartica is a restricted area, like area 51. No, I don't believe in aliens. I do wonder if Nikola Tesla heard the singing stars when he built his tower and did experiments in the late 1800's , early 1900's. He mentioned contact with aliens, I should start a topic soon on that but I also have one in mind for you sadlup.

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? 8Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? 9When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, 10And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 23 Jul, 2019 10:34 PM

Goliath defeated!

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 23 Jul, 2019 09:53 PM

Glory be to God in the Highest!

Thanks to everyone who posted. There is so much more truth to mine. Keep digging!

Who knows, prophetic may come back like a boomerang but I seriously doubt it. I think the air went out of his sails like a deflating sphere. Now he is left...flat. ( Hugs.)

KJVonly

View Profile
Precession
Posted : 23 Jul, 2019 09:18 PM

Prophetic...

Your posts caught my attention at the end...

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, **ALL AUTHORITY** in heaven and on earth has been given to **ME**! Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... Teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING**I have commanded you! And surely I am with you always, to the very **END OF THE AGE**!!"

A topic for another discussion by the end of the age was in 70.A.D. at the consummation and wedding supper of the Lamb and resurrection and judgement on Israel. There is only the Mosaic Age and the Christian age...The Mosaic age has passed, yes..? I will glady stand corrected if I am wrong.

KJVonly

View Profile
Creation Clocks
Posted : 23 Jul, 2019 08:57 PM

Sadlup. Good questions we need to address. Glad you brought them up. For now , I have to say I remember going in person to lookout mountain TN with my late husband before he died of cancer and it was late fall or early winter so visibility was not great at all. The vegetation was dead or dormant by then. But you can do a quick google image search and you can see 7 states...alabama, georgia, s. carolina , n. carolina, ky va and tn. The images are clear and the horizon looks flat.

Page : 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162