Author Thread
aceets

View Profile
Is the Lion really the Devil????
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 03:02 PM

Dennis,

According to what I heard, when the guy says that the lion is the devil, he really means to use the term metaphorically. The Bible uses the lion metaphor for both Jesus and the devil. In fact, if I remember rightly, thee are even references to evil people as lions in the Psalms. The thing to remember with metaphors is that one image (say a lion in this case) may be used for many different things. The wise question to ask, and the preacher in the video did a great job of it, is in what way is the devil like a lion. This works with any metaphor.

As far as the abuse of cats goes, I am afraid that caging that lion and bringing him on stage was a bit over the top. a video from Animal Planet or National Geographic would have done the trick.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Football (soccer)
Posted : 12 Jul, 2010 12:46 PM

I am glad the Spanish wan it. It is a victory for football, and not Karate! Poor Howard Webb made some shocking decisions tonight. Should have sent off at least a couple of Dutchmen before the brake.

As regards Paul, I read somewhere that he is retiring after the WC. Too bad as Real Madrid and ManCity may have tried to sign him for about 100m :)

aceets

View Profile
would you be a...
Posted : 22 May, 2010 02:16 PM

I do not think that I could be a stay-at-home dad.

aceets

View Profile
I want to know... What's wrong with being fashionist of love fashion?
Posted : 20 May, 2010 12:25 PM

Fashion design is as honest a job as any other job. It may be used to glorify God as much as anything else, pastoring a church included!

God is the creator of everything beautiful. How people use or abuse fashion is another issue altogether.

So, to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with being interested in fashion design.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Ssshhhhhhhh - do you hear that?
Posted : 20 May, 2010 12:18 PM

Well, my all time favorite sound is silence.

When I can not get that, I am content with the sound of a flowing river and the songs of the birds in the trees.

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Have you tried this
Posted : 20 May, 2010 12:12 PM

Mitridates jumped for joy because he knew that this was a certain sign that the Alshavites had beaten the Hemhabites.

aceets

View Profile
Have you tried this
Posted : 19 May, 2010 11:58 AM

But since the imprisonment of the gnome took place long after the blissful days with which this story is concerned, no more is said of it hereafter.

aceets

View Profile
What are you reading at present?
Posted : 18 May, 2010 11:41 AM

For all of you book lovers at CDFF, what are you reading through at present?

I am currently rereading the Divine Comedy by Dante (Aligator!)

Blessings

Aceets

aceets

View Profile
Why Come Part III
Posted : 18 May, 2010 11:32 AM

Why come I do not get the why come thread?

Why come to post in the why come thread is the thing to do?

Why come whatever I have just typed has already been posted in the earlier why come threads?

aceets

View Profile
Have you tried this
Posted : 18 May, 2010 11:28 AM

While he engaged the one-legged Ihop waitresses in a deep conversation about deep and hidden things, Chillbae reported her frightful adventure to her father, the venerable farmer Mitridates.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9